Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
Warning: Language

Disclaimer: I don’t own these characters, they belong to NBC and MTM and I don’t make money of this...and so on!

Please note that this story was NOT corrected by a beta-reader! I am going to have one for my next fic but for this last time –please ignore my mistakes, considering I’m not native English!


To Michelle: Don’t give up posting your stories! There are lots of people who read it regularly and even LOVE it, but most of the people are too lazy to give feedbacks lol. I was like that before I started writing and since then whenever I like a story, I write a review. I know for an author it can be a great push! Thank you for your feedback! :)

To roguewriter04 : Thanks a lot for the feedback! So here is the next part, I hope you like it! :)

To Lisa: By the time you get home, you will have something to read! *grins*



Ben’s Inn
Living Room
Same time




Parker silently sat in the armchair where Willie pushed her earlier, watching as the sweeper stood in front of her. She glanced at the others on the sofa and saw that they weren’t really well. They have escaped so many traps from the Centre but this time it was different. She couldn’t believe how could Jarod let them join him when he knew the dangers. She had no idea where the Pretender was but in that moment she really wished he had been there. Glancing back at Willie, her eyes bore into his. She knew she had to distract the man to disarm him and that was her only chance because the other sweepers had taken their weapons away, they were just guarding them. Only Raines’ sweeper -that she hated so much- held his gun in his hand, lowered, in front of him. All thoughts of her plan were pushed aside as soon as she caught sight of Cox walking into the room.

„And I thought Lyle was the worst!” Parker said as she watched him stop in front of her.

„Nice to see you too, Miss Parker!”

„I bet!”

„Willie! Bring it here!” Cox said and the sweeper left.

Parker watched as Willie walked out the door and knew this was her chance. She saw as Cox turned his head to look at the others on the sofa and she took advantage of the situation. She knew she had to be quite while she dislocated her thumb to be able to free her hand from the handcuff, but it hurt and she couldn’t stop a silent cry of pain escape her lips. Cox turned back to her in time to see her wince. Looking up, Parker noticed his stare as he was about to ask something and she spoke first.

„My ulcer! Acting up!” She said shortly, shifting in the seat.

„I know! I should...”

„Don’t you dare to touch me!” She sneered. She knew he was a doctor but she not only hated doctors, but there was no way in hell she was going to let *him* examine her. Cox smiled down at her.

„It can get worse!”

„Oh I’m in a much better shape than you think!” She replied and knew that she had the attentions of Major Charles and Ethan and decided to give a sign. „What would you do if I kicked your ass now?” She asked.

„In handcuffs?” Cox asked, amused.

„I just love it when people underestimate me!” She said and with that, kicked him in the stomach. Cox fell to the floor and Parker jumped up, grabbing her gun from the mini-bar where Lyle left it. The sweepers reacted fast but Major Charles was on his feet immediately too and kicked the gun away from the one, standing behind him. He jumped forward and finally knocked him out while Ethan tried to disarm the other one that had been standing next to him. But the man managed to get a hold of his gun and punched Ethan. He aimed his gun when a voice interrupted him.

„I wouldn’t do it!” Looking up, he spotted Miss Parker aiming her 9mm at him. „Put it down.” The sweeper slowly lowered his gun and placed it on the table. „Turn around!” She said and he obeyed. The Major stepped up to him and simply knocked him out, receiving a short, surprised glare from Parker. She uncuffed her other wrist too with the key that she grabbed from the counter earlier and bent down to clasp it on Cox’s wrist who was still lying on the floor, holding his stomach.

„Nice kick, Miss Parker!” He breathed. „But we’re far from finished!”

„Well you look very finished!” She said as she cuffed him to the railing that ran down of the side of the mini-bar’s counter.

„We have to find Jarod and...” The Major started but Parker cut him off as she rose to her feet.

„No! Get out of here! Get the car and wait for us in the van! If we’re not there in 10 minutes then go!”

„There’s no way I’m going to leave my son behind...” The Major said angrily.

„As long as they don’t have you or Emily, they won’t be able to force Jarod to anything! But if they get you, they are going to threaten him with your lives! And once they get what they want, they will kill you!” She said in a low voice. The Major stared at her for a long moment before he replied.

„You’re right! We’ll be in the car!” He said finally.

„No! We can’t leave Jarod...” Zoe started but Parker didn’t even want to listen.

„He knows what to do, Zoe! Now come on! We have to hurry up!”

„Just try to avoid Willie!” Parker said before she started to walk out.

„And where are you going?” Ethan asked.

„I’m going to find the others! But *you* go with the Major!” She said sternly before she disappeared through the door.



Ben’s Inn
Upstairs –Broots’ room
15.33 pm


„Okey, let’s make things clear, Jarod! I offer you two choices! Either you tell me where the DSAs are or I’m going to kill Broots’ daughter... here, in front of you!”

„No!” Broots cried out and grabbed her daughter to pull her closer. Lyle just rolled his eyes and nodded at one of the sweepers. The man raised his gun and aimed it at Debbie. Suddenly they heard something crash on the corridor. Lyle nodded at the other sweeper and he left, leaving only one cleaner with him.

„So! What it’s going to be?”

„Alright!” Jarod said angrily. He opened his mouth to speak but he suddenly closed it. That was when Lyle heard the safety of a gun at the back of his head.

„Yeah! What it’s gonna be?” Lyle heard a voice behind him.

„Parker! How the hell did you...”

„That’s *my* little secret!” She said satisfied. „Drop the gun!”

„Do it!” Lyle told the sweeper angrily and he lowered the gun. Jarod took it from him and unloaded it, tossing it away.

„We have to move!” Jarod said, looking at Parker. She glanced up at him for a moment then nodded. Sydney helped Broots to stand up while Parker remained standing with her gun aimed at Lyle. They were just about to turn to leave when Jarod suddenly spotted Willie in the doorway.

„Parker!” He managed to gasp but it was too late and Parker spun around only to watch as Willie threw himself at her. Jarod tried to reach her but Lyle jumped into his way. The Pretender reacted fast and hit him at his chin, making him fall to the ground. But the other sweeper came to Lyle’s help and jumped at Jarod.

„Sydney, get out, the Major and the others are waiting for you in the van!” Parker shouted as she kicked Willie at his stomach.

„Don’t wait for us!” Jarod added as he punched the sweeper at the face.

„Get out!” Parker shouted louder this time as she saw the hesitation in Sydney’s eyes. Suddenly the old man turned back to Broots and helped him out of the room, following Debbie and JJ.

As soon as they were out of the room, Parker turned all her attention back to Willie who had troubles catching his breath, however he was still fully capable of pinning her down with his own body. She noticed her gun laying away from her and knew she had to get it.

„What’s about round two?” She asked Willie and saw his expression change. He tried to get a hold on her but she took advantage of being under him and kicked with her knee again when he tried to grab her.

Glancing sideways, Jarod noticed that he hit Lyle hard so he had troubles with getting up. Jarod wished he could have given him more but the sweeper attacked again. Jarod pulled away from him and giving all of his strength into it, punched him first at the stomach then at the face. He fell to the floor, unconscious.

Jarod spun around in time to see Parker finally grab her gun and after elbowing Willie in the face, aim it at him with an evil smile on her face.

„Drawn!” She announced a bit out of breath and then slowly stood up. „Next time I’m gonna take the lead!” She said with wink.

„Let’s get out of here!” Jarod said and grabbed her arm. He tried to pull her after him but Lyle grabbed his ankle.

Lyle heard Parker’s gun and looking up he noticed Parker holding it at him.

„There’s no one to stop me this time!” She said in a serious tone.

„That’s a big mistake, sis, a very big one!” He said and released Jarod’s leg.


On the road
16.30 pm


„Do you think they got him?” Emily asked Ethan, watching him sitting opposite her in the van. Sydney turned to him as he heard her question while he helped Broots sit in a comfortable position.

„No! They got out! But they aren’t safe!” He said and turned away, not showing any sign of intention of saying anything further.


Somewhere in Maine
18.45 pm


„Stop, stop!” Jarod said, out of breath, bending down to place his hands on his knees, desperately trying to get some oxygen. Parker stepped back to him, having difficulties with breathing herself.

„We can’t stop!” She said, her hands on her hips, staring down at him. Jarod looked up at her with shock on his face.

„I have never thought... you’re in such a good... shape!” He said. „How the hell... can you run so fast... in those heels?” Parker raised her eyebrows at him, not really believing that he actually asked it.

„I was chasing after a smug... annoying, ice cream-loving... Pez addicted, smart-ass Pretender... for five years!” She managed to reply. Breathing heavily he gazed into her eyes with a grin on his face.

„And how come... you never caught me?”

„Cuz you always cheated!” She said, slowly regaining normal respiration.

„What?” He asked stunned.

„Nah, don’t wanna get into it *now*!” She hissed. „We have to go on!”

„Parker! We’ve been keeping up this tempo for two hours with only small breaks! They lost our trails.”

„We are in the middle of a godammit wood! As long as we don’t find a bloody village we can’t get away! If you haven’t noticed they have cars. We don’t!”

„But they can’t use them here! I’ve been on the run for years! I know what I’m doing!”

„Oh really? I wonder what would have happened if I hadn’t came to your rescue back there!” She hissed.

„Don’t start it!”

„Awwe, what’s up, Boy Wonder can’t take the truth?” Parker watched as he suddenly straightened up, staring at her angrily.

„I’m not the one to let other people control my life!” He bit back.

„Oh yeah right, now comes the ’you’re-the-blind-I’m-the-smart’ speech! You know sometimes I’m really surprised that being a genius you still can’t find out anything new!” She hissed, feeling herself getting angrier.

„I’ll find out something new when you finally admit that I’m right! I never give up on the thing I decided to carry out!”

„Nor do I!”

„Oh that’s nice! Then one day you should finally decide to actually ’see’ what’s going on around you!” He said, leaning close with a ’you-know-I’m-right’ grin on his face. He watched as she raised her chin and took a step back before she turned away from him and started to walk away. „Where are you going?” He asked, confused.

„I made my decision! We separate!” She said nonchalantly. Jarod shook his head and ran after her.

„We have a better chance together! We have to get out of here and it’s already dark! They are still after us!” He said and grabbed her arm to turn her back to him.

„Oh! Who was the one who said they have lost our trails?” She said before she attempted to step away again. Angrily, Jarod pushed her against the tree that stood behind her, making sure he didn’t hurt her.

„Yes but it doesn’t mean they can’t find us if we don’t find the way out!”

„It was your idea, genius, to disappear in the wood!” She bit back, annoyed.

„I thought it was smaller! Ben never mentioned that it’s so big!” He said, her proximity making it harder for him to concentrate.

She didn’t reply, just watched as his eyes wandered down from her eyes to her lips. He was getting nearer and this time she couldn’t get away. Her heart skipped, panic starting to build up in her. That couldn’t happen, she thought. It wasn’t right. It wasn’t right because she wasn’t in control.

Jarod sensed that she was distracted and confused and he liked her that way. He felt her bending her arm and placing one palm on his chest, the only way to keep him away because he was gripping her upper arms.

„Jarod...” she whispered, staring at his mouth. But he didn’t hear or didn’t want to hear her whispering and closed the space between them. He could feel as his lips finally brushed against hers but not yet entirely touching. The feather-like contact was amazing and Jarod thought he had gone to heaven -because it was finally happening. Suddennly they both felt wetness on their faces. Parker’s head snapped up.

„It’s raining!” She said in awe and Jarod didn’t know if he discovered relief in her voice that she could escape the situation.

„Again!” He said. „So we have to move!”

„Yeah!” She said, regaining her composure and pushing him away from her. „You go that way and I...”

„Christ! If I didn’t know you, I wouldn’t believe if anyone told me that being so sharp-witted, you’re so stubborn at the same time, that it’s at the same level with your intelligence, and you’d rather do something stupid just to prove yourself!”

„I take that as a compliment!”

„I didn’t mean it as a compliment!” Jarod bit back but she ignored him as she started to walk again.

„Parker! The village must be that way!” He said pointing at the opposite direction!

„Then go that way!” She said, trying not to fall from the leaves that covered the ground everywhere.

„And by the way! We have only one headlight that I could stole from the garage!” He said teasingly and watched her stop. Suddenly it occurred to her that she could see only because he was illuminating her and her way. He watched smiling as she slowly turned around with hatred on her face as she stared at him. But it was obvious that she wasn’t that angry. He had to suppress a chuckle and stepped away, giving her space as a gentlemen, to lead the way.

„Fine!” Was all she said before she brushed past him.



The Centre
Mr. Raines’ office
19.55 pm



„With all respect, Sir, I...[__]” Raines listened to the voice at the other end of line. „... I’ve given the order, there won’t be any problems...[__]. Yes, Sir, we’ve found Jarod! It’s only a matter of hours and we can carry out your every wish...[__] No, Sir, she won’t be a problem! She’s under control, the only problem is Jarod...[__] Yes! Sure, Sir!” He heard as the caller disconnected the line and he let out a relieved sigh. He hated when the big-wigs cut him off.

Leaning back in his seat, a huge satisfied smile appeared on his face. With Mr. Parker’s death, he was already a big-wig himself! It was only matter of time till’ he could creep higher. However the fact that with this position he had all power over Miss Parker and Jarod –once he was back- made him extremely proud of himself. It was already amends itself.

The ringing of the phone startled him in his thoughts and he leant forward to pick up the receiver.

„Raines!” He said in his raspy tone.

<It’s Lyle! We have a problem!>

„What problem?”

<I was right! Jarod was with her, probably to help Broots. In Maine! But she seems to have her loyalties somewhere else!”

„Is it a surprise?”

<Jarod’s family was also there!>

„What? That’s perfect! We have everything that...”

<No! That’s the problem, Sir! They got away! Jarod and Parker separated from them, they are still around! It’s just the matter of hours until we find them!”

„Jarod is the first right now! If it comes down to it then let Miss Parker get away! She’s easier to find then Jarod!”

<Alright!>



Maine
A small motel room
Same Time



„Nah, great! That’s just perfect!” Miss Parker said disgusted as she glanced around in the middle of the room.

„That was the only one I could get! I’m sorry but the Hilton was full!”

„And I guess I should be grateful now!” She murmured, her hands on her hips.

„As a matter of fact... yes! It’s raining heavily, we are both soaked to skin and the clerk thought I was a homeless! First he didn’t even want to believe me that I’m capable of paying for a room!” He replied annoyed. Jarod watched as Miss Parker turned her head toward him, raising an eyebrow. She visibly eyed him up and down before she spoke.

„Well I wouldn’t believe you either!”

„I take that as a compliment!”

„I didn’t mean it as a compliment!”

„You know what! You don’t look better either!” He said.

„You sure?” She asked with a teasing, absolutely not true smile on her face. Jarod just stared at her shocked for a moment. She was hell of an opponent when it came to arguing –not to mention fight- and she was using his weakness in that moment.

„Cute! Not funny but cute!”

„I’ve heard that!” She said and turned away.

Looking around, she felt herself shivering. But the problem was, it wasn’t because she was soaked all over but because of the fact that Jarod’s wet clothes clung to his body, reveling his muscular figure. She closed her eyes, trying to shake the image out of her mind.

„You should get out of your clothes!”

„Excuse me?” She asked, suddenly turning back to him. She noticed that he had taken off his shoes and was in the middle of getting out of his wet jacket, leaving only the also soaked T-shirt on.

„You can catch a cold in those wet clothes!”

„Oh, how caring!” She said sardonically and bent down to unzip her boots before she stepped out of them.

„Well someone has to be if you don’t!” He replied as he walked past her, straight into the bathroom.

Her brows furrowed, Parker straightened up and was ready to snap at him before she saw his back disappearing in the other room. Frustrated, she threw her long jacket onto the bed before she followed him in, in time to see him turn on the water in the shower.

„What the hell do you want?” She asked angrily.

„We are chilled so we have to take a hot shower to get warm before we get into something dry!” He replied simply. Her anger growing, Parker stepped up to him and roughly grabbed his shoulder to turn around.

„Don’t play dumb, it doesn’t suit a so-called genius!” She hissed.

„Oh I wish I was dumb, Miss Parker, because the Centre wouldn’t want me then!” He replied in the same manner before he turned back to the water. Not letting go, she stepped into his way, her back to the shower.

„You think you’re always right just because you’re the outcast! But you know what, I’m tired of your self-pity, reminiscing upon how you were abused as a child and I’m fed up with your games always trying to make me feel that I’m the underdog!” She shouted, her blue eyes boring into his.

Waiting for him to response, she let out a short shriek as he grabbed her. She felt him grip her upper arms and lift her up before he threw her against the shower-wall. In the next second all she was aware of was his tongue in her mouth, feeling the water soaking them even more. Everything was happening so fast that she didn’t even notice how did he push her into shower. She felt his body pressing against her, not leaving her any chance or space to move. But God help her it felt good.

Feeling her hands slide into his hair, Jarod relaxed. She was so close and so alluring that he couldn’t take it any longer and he acted without thinking. He didn’t know what was coming next because he didn’t want to use violence but the response showed him that she didn’t seem to mind at all. After several minutes shock, he felt her tongue start to fight to win the control of the kiss. But there was no way he would let her take the lead, he thought.

And he did keep control through the whole time they ‘made love’. They were lost in their own world, lost in needs, passion and pleasure, not giving a damn about the world for that time. After they both found release, Jarod was just standing there, holding her against the wall.

Parker didn’t know what to say. This was the first time when she didn’t demand or order anything regarding her needs, in fact Jarod left her speechless through the whole time.

„Well?” Jarod finally spoke.

„Well what?” she asked still trying to regain her breath.

„It was amazing!”

„Well...” Jarod’s eyes flew open as he lifted his head to look at her with a stunned expression on his face. That’s when he noticed the small, teasing smile on her face. „I think that’s what they call... ’fucked senseless’!”



To be continued...

























Chapter End Notes:
Ya know… I’m still thinking of jumping… ( lol ) feedback feedback feedback!