Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I don’t own these charaters, they belong to NBC and MTM and I dont make money of this...and so on!

Please note that this story was NOT corrected by a beta-reader! I am going to have one for my next fic but for this last time –please ignore my mistakes, considering I’m not native english!



To Michelle: Nervous breakdown, eh? Our kick-ass-god-ass?! *grins* just read on!


************************************************************







Miss Parker felt her heart stop for a second or two. The time seemed to freeze and nobody moved. She didn’t even breath, she just stood there dumbfound, beyond shocked. The problem was, she didn’t know which feeling was beating stronger inside... the anger or relief.

Several seconds passed but nobody moved and there weren’t any noise, only silence. Broots didn’t dare to look up but he was the one to finally react first. His gaze wandered up to Miss.Parker who’s expression was unreadable. She didn’t even blink, she didn’t even seem to breath, she just stared at the screen. Her eyes didn’t went wide, there were no sign of emotions and she didn’t even seem to notice that Jarod had turned to look up at her as well. The world didn’t seem to exist to her as she stood there unmoving.

Both he and Jarod turned their attentions to Sydney, who had the same expression. It wasn’t a surprise from him, he always acted that way. He just stood there, watching the screen as well, his arms crossed in front of his chest. Finally he moved. He raised his eyebrows as he took a breath and slowly turned to Parker. He slowly reached out a hand to place it on her shoulder but before he could have touched her, suddenly she snapped his hand away with her own, taking a step back. She didn’t look at him, just closed her eyes and lowered her head, her hands on the hip, thinking.

Her reaction was fast and sudden and it even hurt a bit the way she roughly pushed his hand away. Sydney rubbed it gently for second before he lowered his arms to his pocket, glaring at the floor for several seconds himself, trying to regain his thoughts.

For the first time in his life, Jarod didn’t know what to say. This was definitely a shock for *all* of them. He watched Parker nervously rub her chin, deep in thoughts. He also noticed that the other hand that earlier rested on her hip, moved to her belly and he knew what it meant and knew that he had to be the one to break the silence. He glanced at Sydney, who was staring at Parker.

„Parker, should I get the antac...” Jarod started but he watched as she, without a word or a glance at either of them, turned around and left. He let out a sigh and turned to his mentor. Jarod watched as his brows furrowed and he crossed his arms again as he turned around and walked to the window. Now that he knew the truth, he started to realize where did Parker get her stubborness from. He took a step toward him but he spoke.

„Could you please make sure she’s alright? I’m the last person she wants to see now!” He said, never looking at him.

„Sure!” Jarod replied and turned around to leave.


Ben’s Inn
Living room
14.30 pm


Parker entered the living room with such a force that she almost bumped into Ben. She didn’t seem to acknowledge him as she brushed past him, making him jump away. Emily, The Major, Zoe and Ethan watched as she stormed in, looking for something. Ethan immediately sensed that there was something –not quite okey. He jumped up from his seat to walk up to her but saw the rage in her eyes and stopped in a safe distance.

„What happened? Are you alright?” He asked, worried. She didn’t look at him, just turned around to look around.

„Where’s the antacid?” She asked angrily and she finally spotted it on the counter of the mini-bar. She quickly made her way to it and grabbed it. She opened it as she turned around in time to see Jarod run in. She ignored the confused and worried glares coming from the people in the room and she took a sip.

Ethan threw a questioning glare at his brother but he just waved at him, indicating that he will explain everything later. Jarod watched as Parker started to pace in front of the counter, desperately trying to calm down –without success.

„Parker...” he started but she cut him off as her head snapped up to look at him.

„Sydney and my mother?” Jarod didn’t know what to tell her.

„Listen it’s...”

„My mother and *Sydney*?” She shouted this time as she glared at him. Suddenly he understood what was ’bothering’ her.

It wasn’t the fact that according to the security-records Sydney was her father, but that little deed that Sydney didn’t even mention her –or him- that he and her mother had an affair when he knew how much she wanted to hear about Catherine from whoever know and loved her. And he understood that it was hard for Sydney now because from that secret and hidden affair he had a daughter, in fact the very same woman who grew up –almost- next to him.

„He must have had a reason for not telling you but...” He tried to reassure her as he walked up to her but when he gently touched her arm she roughly slapped it away before she shoved him back, away from her.

„*Don’t* touch me!” She said, lowering her voice at the end of the sentence as she reached out a hand, pointing at him. Jarod knew that outbrust from her very well, the last time she let it out it was toward him and almost costed his butt. He still remembered as she chased him along the Centre corridors, thinking that his father killed her mother.

„Parker, calm down!” Jarod said in a lound and strong voice and she lowered her hand. She just stared at him for a long moment before she released the breath that she didn’t even remeber holding. He sighed as well, looking into her eyes. He watched her breath rhytmically for a moment before she spoke.

„I need to reach Sam!” She said to herself, lowering her gaze as she reached to her back to her cell-phone. Noticing her expression, Jarod spoke.

„You lost it on the pier! Lyle has it!”

„What?” She snapped, her eyes wide this time.

„When you went to grab Broots! You lost it and... Lyle has it! We had a short conversation!” Jarod could have bet she went pale as she stared at him. Suddenly her brows furrowed as she grabbed him at the shirt.

„And you didn’t tell me?” Jarod suddenly grabbed her arms, shaking her slightly. She lost control on her rage and he had to make her relax, he thought.

„Parker it’s just a phone, don’t go wild about it!” He said, his grip tight on her upper arms. The others just watched them stunned, in silence. Ethan took a step forward them when he saw his brother grab her sister but didn’t want to interfere.

„It’s not the phone that I’m worried about, Goddamit!” She shouted, as they stood, clutching each other.

„I know!” He shouted back. „Parker it could be worse, just think of the fact that first we thought Raines is your fa...”

„You don’t get it, do you?” She asked, disbelief on her face.

„What?” He asked annoyed.

„I have Ben’s number in my phone-book!” She hissed finally. Jarod just blinked once before they both turned their heads to look at Ben when the Major suddenly jumped up from his seat.

„Oh my god the phone call!”

„What phone call?” Jarod asked.

„We got a phone call this morning but supposedly it was false. A young man told me he wanted to call someone else but I told him that it’s just an Inn and it wasn’t what he was looking for. He then asked where this Bed and Breakfast is and I told him!” Ben explained.

„Oh god no...” Jarod said, letting out a sigh.

„When was that?” Parker asked, all thoughts of her anger and new-found informations pushed aside.

„At around 7 or half past 7!”

„Holy shit, Jarod!” Parker uttered as they looked at each other again. Parker let go of him and he turned away, still holding her right arm as he pulled her after him.

„Gather your belongings! Only the technical things, we don’t have time!” Jarod said sternly, looking at his father. „We have to get out of here. Now!” He said. „I’m gonna get Broots and Sydney!” He said, turning back to Parker. She shook Jarod’s grasp away and stepped up to Ben.

„Ben! You have to come with us!” She said and Jarod ran out of the room.

„I can’t leave everything behind!”

„I’m sorry Ben! But they are going to kill you if you stay!”

„Miss.Parker...”

„Ben!” She said angrily. „My mother wouldn’t want you to stay either! Please, do it for her!” She said, placing her palms on his chest.

„Okey!” He said. Parker let out a relieved sigh before she left the room. The Major turned to his daughter, reaching out a hand.

„C’mon! We have to move before they get here!” He said.

„It’s too late, Major!”

Spinning around, they all spotted a man in dark suit standing in the doorway with two sweepers behind him. There was a smug expression on his face and Emily gasped. The Major noticed it and stepped in front of her as protection. He rubbed his gloved hand, extremely satisfied. It was Zoe’s turn to gasp when he spotted another man enter, stopping next to him. She remembered them and those memories weren’t good. In two seconds four other sweepers entered the room as well, holding guns at the people inside.

„Mr.Lyle!” Ethan said silently.

„Oh, you know my name... Ethan?” He asked, the satisfaction evident in his voice.

„I’m going to find our pretender!” Mr.Cox said.

„Call me if you found him! We have an unfinished business!” Lyle said seriously before he turned back to Jarod’s family. Cox nodded and left the room.



Ben’s Inn
Upstairs –Broots’ room
14.50 pm


Jarod brust into the room, receiving a startled look from Sydney and Broots. He was about to talk when he noticed Debbie and JJ, his clone in the room as well and let out a relieved sigh that he didn’t have to look for them too. He closed his lap top and picked it up before he turned to them.

„We have to get out! The Centre knows where we are! They can be here at any minutes!” He said.

„They *are* here!” They heared a familiar voice coming from the door. Jarod turned around in time to see three sweepers enter the small room next to Mr.Cox. The sweepers immediately had their guns aimed at them.


Ben’s Inn
Living Room
14.52 pm


Lyle watched with satisfaction as Major Charles sat between Ben and Emily, while Ethan was facing them on the opposite couch with Zoe on his side. He couldn’t belive his luck. He was not only going to get Jarod but the clone as well and the Centre can finally get rid off the Major and the other family members as well and he knew that it was going to kill Jarod. He was going to lose his family after all those years’ searching. A small smile appeared on his face as this thought crossed his mind until he looked at Ethan. Suddenly his expression changed. His brother. *Half*-brother, he corrected himself. He didn’t feel any connections to him, in fact he hated him almost as much as Jarod.

Willie entered the room and startled him in his thoughts. The sweeper walked up to him and the others saw as he whispered something to him, making his amused expression turn into a frown for a second. He just nodded and Willie took a step back to stand at the wall but remaining in the room.

„We have your son!” Lyle said, suddenly turning to the Major. „He’s upstairs! And I just can’t wait to see him.”

„I’ll kill you first before you can...”

„Don’t threaten me, Major! I’ve learned from our last encounter and you... didn’t win my sympathy!” He said as he slowly made his way to them. As he reached the couch, he sat down on the arm-rest of the sofa. He leant froward and ran one finger down on Emily’s cheek.

„Remember me?” He asked with a smile on his face. Emily leant back and the Major tried to slap his hand away as he reached around his daughter. But Lyle lowered his hand and the Major noticed that the sweepers all aimed their guns at him.

„Now, I have a question!” He said sternly and his expression turned serious. „Where is she?” He asked before he slowly turned toward Ethan. The younger man knew that Lyle didn’t like him, the voices told him but they also told that he meant danger to his sister. He didn’t reply and just stared at him. Lyle rolled his eyes and stood up.

„We can do it in the easy way... or the hard way!” He said nonchalantly.

„What the hell are you talking about?” The Major asked angrily.

„Where is she?” He asked again, still looking at Ethan.

„You want to harm her! I won’t tell you!” Ethan finally replied.


Ben’s Inn
Upstairs –Broots’ room
Same time



„Nice to finally personally meet you, Jarod!” Cox said.

„I can’t say the same!” Jarod replied, eyeing the sweepers carefully.

„I thought so! Now that we have you, Gemini...” Cox said with a quick glance at the boy. „...and basically everyone that the Centre has been looking for... we can prepare to go home, Jarod!” Hatred appeared on Jarod’s face, knowing that it was going to be very hard to escape from this situation. He had no idea where Parker was but knew that he had to talk to her to find out something.

„I won’t return there alive!” He bit back, trying to win some time but Cox ignored him.

„Now, we have only one thing left!” He said, stepping closer. „Where are the DSAs?” A small triumphant smile appeared on Jarod’s face and he crossed his arms in front of his chest.


Ben’s Inn
Living Room
14.59 pm


„I don’t want to harm her!” Lyle said as he felt rage start to build up inside. How did he dare to try and defend *his* sister from *him*.

„You are from the Centre! And the Centre means harm!” The Major bit back.

„This has nothing to do with you Major, so shut up!” Lyle turned to him suddenly. He turned back to his half-brother and took a step toward him. „This is the last time when I *ask*! Where. Is. She.” Ethan just stared at him once again with no signs of the intention to say anything. Lyle let out a sigh and reached out a hand to the sweeper who was standing behind the couch. The man handed him the gun and Lyle released the safety, pointing at Emily’s temple.

„I’m couting to three then I’m going to shoot Jarod’s... oops... she’s your half-sister too!” He said. „One...” The Major’s eyes widened and he jumped forward but the sweeper grabbed him from behind and punched him.

„Dad!” Emily cried out but Lyle grabbed her hair, looking at Ethan.

„Two...!”

„I don’t know where she is!” Ethan said suddenly. „I swear! She... she left several minutes ago but since...”

In that moment they all turned to the door as they heared someone enter. Parker stormed in with her bottle of antacid in her hand. First she didn’t even notice them but when she reached the middle of the room and looked up, she froze.

„Why the hell aren’t you...” She started but stopped dead as she found herself face to face with her evil twin. „Lyle...” She said, staring at him shocked. Her brows furrowed as she noticed him holding Emily at her hair, his gun pointed at her temple.

„Finally!” He said annoyed.

„Care to tell me what the hell are you doing?”



Ben’s Inn
Upstairs –Broots’ room
Same time


„You would want to know, wouldn’t you!” Jarod said with a small evil smile on his lips.

„There’s no escape, Jarod!” Cox said, raising his head.

„Well, you’re in trouble because they aren’t here!” He said matter-of-factly.

„No! *You* are in trouble!”




Ben’s Inn
Living Room
15.06 pm



Lyle suddenly released Emily and lowered the gun, pushing her away into her fathers lap. The Major ran a soothing hand down her back before he put his arm around her. Zoe just sat silently, this situation was much worse than the other one, she thought. Glancing at Ethan, she saw worry on his face as he stared at Lyle first, then at Miss.Parker.

„I was just trying to get some information!” Parker glanced at Emily then at Ethan and their eyes met. She knew she had to find out something, fast.

And she acted. Before Lyle could have blinked, she had her gun aimed at him, the barrel only inches away from between his eyes. Lyle slowly shook his head in disapproval before he spoke.

„I know you’re not afraid to shoot me but... with that you would kill Ethan as well!” He said calmly. Parker took a quick glance sideways, noticing a sweeper holding a gun at Ethan. She turned the other way and noticed that all the other sweepers had their guns at her. She rolled her eyes, turned the safety back on her Smith & Wesson and turned it on it’s side, lowering it. A satisfied smile appeared on Lyle’s face as he took the gun from her. She crossed her arms in front of her chest and Lyle wondered how did she remain so calm when it was well-known that she had a temper.

„Can’t blame a girl for trying!” She said nonchalantly. „So what’s up, Lyle, no asian woman to have fun with?” Lyle rolled his eyes and ignored her remark. She just stared at him for a long moment, making Lyle smile even wider.

„Gosh Parker, you need a gun licence for those eyes!” She just raised her chin defiantly. „You have no idea how furious Raines was when he got to know about your little... side jump!” Lyle said, chaning subject. Parker took a step forward, entering his personal space, her face only inches away from his as she replied.

„It wasn’t a side jump and you and Raines know it!” Lyle smiled and replied.

„True! I guess it was just... disappointing to realize that you are on their side!” He said, nodding toward the others on the couch. Parker didn’t break eye contact as she bit back.

„I’m not on their side! I’m on my own side!”

„You shouldn’t have given up everything for Broots!” He said, watching her and Parker let out a short laugh as she stepped backwards.

„You know that he worth a lot more than you!” She said with a sarcastic smile, watching as something lit up in her brother’s eyes. „And there was nothing to give up anyways, Lyle!”

„Oh there was! You were allowed to walk around freely! Well after this little incident...” He intentionally trailed off but she didn’t seem affected at all. „Just tell me one thing! Do you know why Broots ran away?”

„No!” She said, knowing that she couldn’t let him know that she knew this truth. Truth usually costed lives. „And you?” She asked, having a weird feeling about this conversation.

„No idea! He just disappeared for nothing!” He said, shrugging his shoulders.

„You’re lying!” She stated in a low voice, her face neutral.

„You too!” Lyle replied and a short silence settled down between them but after a while he broke it. „You have no idea how much I’ve been waiting for this!”

„So? What are your plans?” She asked, ignoring his remark. „Taking back all the bunch to the Centre?” She asked, trying to get some informations.

„No! Only Jarod, Gemini and you! We don’t need the others any more, as a matter of fact you won’t need them either!”

„What?” She asked, this time seriously.

„My orders are to... finally get rid off everyone who’s not useful to the Centre anymore! Along with Broots, his daughter...” Parker’s eyes darkened as she watched his twin speak. „... and Sydney or... should I say our father!”

„You son of a bitch...!” Parker tried to jump forward but Willie grabbed her, pinning her arms to his sides. Lyle let out a chuckle and stepped forward as a smile appeared on his face, looking at her with a gleam in his eyes. „I know I’ve told you but... you’re beautiful when you’re angry!”

„And I’ve told you! You’ve never seen me angry!” She said, looking into his eyes.

„Oh I can’t wait to see you angry which I probably will when I’m going to kill Ethan as well!” He said, enjoying the power that he held in his hands. „We should have gotten rid off him much earlier!”

„If you dare to...”

„Dare what?” He asked suddenly, stepping dangerously close.

„Don’t touch my sister!” Ethan suddenly jumped up. Parker watched Lyle turned toward him, anger radiating from him.

„She’s only your *half*-sister! I have more right to touch her than you ever will!” He sneered and Parker couldn’t belive her eyes and ears. She would have never thought but... Lyle was jealous and it wasn’t a pleasant turn however it explained his antipathy against Ethan. „You’re just a bastard, coming from Raines’ lab and you try to tell me how to behave with my sister?” He asked, this time in a calm manner.

„Well, still a lot better than a psychopat, serial killer!” Parker interrupted. Lyle turned back to her and bit back.

„Desperate times, desperate acts!” She didn’t response, just watched him glare at her before he spoke again. „Well, we will have plenty of time to have chit-chat but right now I have a pretender to meet.” He said as he nodded at Willie. She felt him clasp her hands together behind her, putting a handcuff on. It stuck Lyle that she didn’t protest and it was strange. „Watch her!” He warned Willie before he winked at Parker. „See you soon, sis!” He placed her gun and the handcuff keys on the counter of the mini-bar and left.

„He’s your brother?” Zoe asked stunned, she didn’t know that ’little’ detail. Parker rolled her eyes and turned to her.

„My twin!”



Ben’sInn
Upstairs–Broots’ room
15.15 pm



„Don’t make things harder!”

„The DSAs are somewhere else!” He replied and Cox shook his head.

„Jarod! We have your father, your sister, your brother Ethan and a lot of other people that you call... innocent!” He said. „And you know what we can do to them!”

„I’ve told you! The DSAs aren’t here! But *I* know where they are and if you hurt any of the people here, you won’t see them again.” Cox let out a chuckle and stepped forward.

„It doesn’t work that way!” He said.

In that moment Jarod’s attention turned to the door because he spotted Lyle enter. His expression immediately turned into anger and hatred, watching as he walked in with satisfaction on his face.

„Well, look who we have here!” Lyle announced.

„Lyle!”

„It’s good to see you again!” He said with a huge smile on his face.

„I can’t say the same!”

„Yeah, I figured!

„And? What brings you here? No Japanese maffia to be occupied with lately?” Jarod asked and he watched his eyes darken.

„We have a small problem! Our pretender doesn’t want to tell where the DSAs are!” Cox said.

„Oh! We can do something about that!” Lyle said. „I just met your sister! She’s in good shape! Obviously better than I wanted her to be!” He went on and watched as Jarod tried to reach him but two sweepers were on him immediately, punching him in his stomach. Sydney took a step forward but the third sweeper raised his gun at him.

„Sydney!” Lyle said, turning to him. „I’ve always known that your loyalities were somewhere else!” The old man raised his head as he stared at him.

„Enough!” Sydney said but the sweepers didn’t listen to him.

„Isn’t it ironic?” Lyle said with disgust on his face. „You’re more concerned for your Lab Rat than for your own daughter!” Sydney slowly stepped up to him and suddenly grabbed him at the collar.

„You know nothing about me, Lyle!” He said and heared the sweeper uncock his gun.

„Sydney, don’t!” He heard Jarod say. „He isn’t worth it!” It took Sydney several seconds to ponder what he said before he released him.

„Yes, you’re right! *He* isn’t!” Lyle straightened his suit as he turned to Cox, talking to him discretely.

„She’s downstairs! Could you...”

„Sure!” Cox cut him off, knowing exactly what he was going to say. He nodded and left.

To be continued...




























Chapter End Notes:
You know guys! I’m DYING for feedback! Do you want me to post the other parts or it would be better if I took Miss P’s advice and I should „Climb up to the top of the roof and jump head first into the driveway?