Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I don’t own these characters, they belong to NBC and MTM and I don’t make money of this...and so on!

Please note that this story was NOT corrected by a beta-reader! I am going to have one for my next fic but for this last time –please ignore my mistakes, considering I’m not native English!


**********************************************


Ben’s Inn
Upstairs –Broots’ room
14.15 pm


Entering the room, Jarod noticed Parker standing at the window, staring outside. Sydney was at Broots’ side, staring at the screen of the lap top lying in his lap, while Broots’ expression was excited. He slowly made his way to the bed to take a better look at it.

Staring outside, Parker noticed that it practically went dark. A storm was coming and she spotted several raindrops on the glass of the window. She loved rain but this time a strange feeling crept into her mind and the voices started to talk. She had no idea what they said but it was different than the last time. She couldn’t make out what they wanted but it was more intense and panic filled her. Dismissing the idea, she decided to ask Ethan later when Broots’ voice startled her.

„I found it!” He cried out. „It’s a zip file!” He said, frowning.

„Yeah! They probably have more records or whatever it is in one package!” Jarod said, turning the lap top toward him. Miss Parker walked up to them, putting her glass down on the small coffee table on her way. „Yes, these are security records!” Jarod said, looking up at Sydney as he crouched down. The pretender opened the file and guided the cursor to the play button when he stopped, looking up at his mentor.

„Can we see it?” He asked.

„What do you mean ’can we see it’?’ Parker asked impatiently. Jarod slowly turned to her with an annoyed expression on his face.

„This was in Sydney’s and Jacob’s personal data file so it probably concerns him!” Parker looked at Sydney who stood next to her, waiting for a reply. The old man just shrugged as he glanced from Parker to Jarod. „I don’t know what it may be, I don’t have secrets!”

„You sure?” Parker asked silently, receiving a sharp glare from Sydney. Jarod just nodded when he turned back to him and pushed the play button.



30/05/61
For Centre use only


The DSA showed Jacob’s office. Jacob was sitting at his table, reading a file. A frown appeared on his face as he went through it and he shook his head. Suddenly the door opened up and as he looked up, he noticed Catherine Parker glance around before she stepped in. Quickly closing the door behind, she ran into the room, stopping in front of him. Judging by her expression, she was excited and Jacob jumped up from his seat.

„Catherine! Did anything happen to you?” He asked, reaching out hand.

„Yes something happened!” She said, gently placing her palms on his chest as he touched her arms.

„What’s wrong?” He asked worriedly but after several second he saw that she was barely able to hold back her smile before she finally spoke.

„There’s nothing wrong! On the contrary! Jacob! I’m going to have a baby!”

„Oh my god, Catherine that’s...!” He said with a smile on his lips as he hugged her tightly. As he pulled back he saw tears in her eyes. And it was easy to see that those were the tears of joy. „Is it sure?”

„Yes it is!” She nodded, the smile never leaving her face. „I went to my doctor and he confirmed it! I’m 5 weeks pregnant!”

„Come, sit down!” Jacob said, as he pulled out his chair for her. Catherine took it as Jacob sat back on his desk. She grabbed his hand and pulled it to her stomach.

„You have no idea how happy I am, Jacob! A life is growing inside of me! I’ve been waiting for this for so long! Ever since I can remember I have always wanted a child and now my dream comes true!” The joy was evident on her face as she spoke and Jacob visibly had difficulties asking his next question. He took a deep breath as he pulled his hand back and his expression changed into a frown.

„And what does Mr.’ Chairman’ say about it?” He asked sarcastically.

„I know that you don’t like him, Jacob, but my husband isn’t always so bad!” Jacob just rolled his eyes as he stood up and walked away. Catherine closed her eyes as she lowered her head for a moment before she went on. „I know he’s... but he wasn’t always like that!”

„What does he say about it?” Jacob asked, avoiding to response.

„He said that we are going to talk about it!”

„Hahh... I knew you were going to say that!” He hissed before he suddenly spun around and walked back to Catherine to kneel down in front of her. „He’s going to cause difficulties, Catherine! Don’t let him destroy everything! You finally chose happiness and I know that he’s going to try to prevent you from...”

„No he won’t! I have a meeting with him in 5 minutes to talk about it!”

„Catherine, you of all people should know that he always leads you into illusions! You can’t believe what he says!”

„Jacob, I’ve mentioned him the baby! My husband knows that it isn’t his! There’s no doubt about it! We weren’t together for a month now, mostly not since I’ve had this relationship...”

„Raines always tried to stand into the way to your happiness and I think it’s obvious why! Parker always tries to appear innocent in front of you and he makes other people do the dirty work!” He stood up and added. „That’s another case that Raines never liked the idea of you leaving the Chairman! I just don’t know why! I’m just telling you to be careful with them!” Catherine let out a sigh before she rose to her feet.

„Well, I’m going to my husband now!”

„What are you going to tell him?”

„I don’t know! I will let him know that my doctor confirmed that I’m pregnant! But about other things...!” A small smile appeared on Jacob’s face as he stepped closer. He kissed her on the forehead and Catherine smiled back at him before she left.
The record ended here and as Jarod turned around he saw the frown on Parker’s face. She turned to Sydney, her brows furrowed.

„It’s not Raines! Raines is not my father!” Sydney didn’t response, he was just staring at the screen. It took him several seconds to finally realize what Parker said and he turned to her.

„It seems. And he never told anything about it!” He said because she knew what her next question was. She wanted to ask whether he knew it too. A strange, suspicious feeling crept into him as he asked. „Are there more?”

„Yeah!” Jarod replied as he opened the next one.



30/05/61
Chairman’s office
For Centre use only



„So?” Raines asked, standing next to Mr. Parker. He was healthy, he didn’t have his oxygen-tank with him and they were both much younger.

„She’s pregnant!”

„Perfect! What’s your problem then?”

„That it’s not mine!”

„You can’t be sure! We...”

„It is sure! We haven’t been together for a month!” He said with his brows furrowed, turning his head away.

„What?!” Raines asked angrily. „I thought we agreed that you are going to sleep with her to make the illusion before the artificial insemination!”

„Yes, I know!” Mr. Parker bit back angrily. „But she seems to be faithful to him and didn’t want anything with me! I tried everything!”

„Obviously didn’t try enough!”

„What the hell should have I done? Force her?”

„For instance!” Mr. Parker just turned his head to look at him.

„That’s not *my* style!” Raines just rolled his eyes.

„Are we sure who the father is?”

„Hundred percent!” Mr. Parker said, the annoyance evident in his voice.

„Well he has the genes just like Catherine, there’s no problem then!!”

„Yes but for God’s sake, Raines, we didn’t want her to fall in love!” Raines just let out an annoyed sigh.

„Now all we have to do is to make sure she remains on your side!”

„That’s going to be a problem! Slowly people will notice them together and they are going to talk! Moreover she’s too involved with him! I can’t believe that I let it happen!”

„The solution is simple. Forbid her to leave you!”

„I hoped that I can convince her but it seems there’s no other way.”

„Just don’t forget one thing! We have to keep her on your side otherwise she’s going to ruin not one but two Centre projects! The Triumvirate is at my back all time, demanding to finally start them! Moreover you know that child, growing inside of her is...” Suddenly the door opened up and turning there they both spotted Catherine Parker stepping in.

„Oh I’m sorry! I thought you were alone! I’ll come back later!” She said before she turned to leave.

„No! Come in Catherine!” Mr. Parker said with a slight smile on his face.

Catherine turned back and slowly walked up to them. Mr. Parker reached out a hand and as she stepped closer he put his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to give her a kiss on the cheek.

Miss Parker let out a sigh and closer her eyes for a brief second. Her father used to do that to her as well.

„I just told Mr. Raines that we are going to have a baby!” Catherine’s head snapped up to look at him with confused eyes. She seemed reluctant to talk in the presence of Raines but when she saw that he didn’t intend to leave at all, she spoke.

„I thought we talked about it!” She said as she pulled away. „You know it’s not yours!”

„Biologically not! But I’m going to love our kid as my own!”

„I’m sorry but it won’t work! I’ve told you that... my feelings changed and I...”

„It will work! I was thinking, Catherine, and... you can’t just leave me!” Mr. Parker said, trying to reassure her.

„We’ve talked about it! I don’t want it! I want to be with...”

„He’s not going to take care of you and the baby!” He said angrily.

„We love each other!”

„He’s going to be the leader of the Centre’s new project! He won’t have time for you or the baby!” Raines interrupted.

„Well, I think he has to be the one to decide this one!” Catherine said sternly. She was about to turn around when Raines stepped into her way.

„I hoped I can convince you in a normal way but...” Mr. Parker said, letting out a sigh.

„But what?!” She turned back angrily.

„We can’t allow you to ruin everything.” Raines hissed into her ear.

„Let’s talk earnestly!” Mr. Parker said sternly. „We *won’t* get divorced! Your ’knight’ is needed to the Centre’s brand new project and we can’t let you destroy our plan by distracting his attention! The Triumvirate has the same opinion!”

„The Triumvirate? What do you mean?” Catherine asked worriedly.

„Either you stay with me, claiming the child to be mine... or someone important to you may get hurt!” Catherine’s eyes went wide.

„You can’t just go and hurt everyone who I...”

„We know that you and Jacob are close!” Mr. Raines growled into her ear. Catherine Parker stood there dumbfounded.

„You are threatening Jacob’s life...”

„Exactly!” Mr. Parker said, leaning close to her face. „Now, it’s your turn to decide, Catherine!”

„Now, the point is. Your child is going to be your *husband’s* child and you are going to raise it together! And the real father can NEVER get to know about it! Or we’re not only going to kill Jacob... but the child as well.” Catherine’s eyes welled up with tears as she turned away. Mr. Parker suddenly grabbed her arms roughly, making her look at him. „What it’s gonna be, honey?”

„Alright!” She shouted as she pulled away. „He will never get to know about it! But don’t you dare to hurt Jacob or my child!” She said as she turned around to leave.

„We want you back here in an hour to talk about the details!” Raines called after her.

„Catherine!” She stopped and turned back to Mr. Parker, waiting for him to say what he wanted. „Don’t even consider running away!” She just lowered her eyes to the floor. „Does Jacob know about the child?” She didn’t reply, she just stood there silently. „Answer me!” He shouted, losing patience.

„Yes!” She answered in the same manner.

„Then tell him that it’s mine!” Without any reply Catherine Parker turned around and left. As soon as she stepped out of the door, Mr. Parker turned to Raines. „Have you gone crazy? You threatened the offspring’s life! We know how important that growing life is!”

„We do but Catherine doesn’t!”




„Is that all?” Parker asked as the record ended.

„No, no there’s more! It was just cut! Let me find the other part!” Jarod said, typing.

Parker let out a sigh. She knew that her father wasn’t earnest with her but... this was more than she expected. He was so cruel and rough with her mother that it pissed her off and she was sure that if he had been alive, he would have had to face her anger. Sydney saw that she had troubles with dealing with the information about her father and gently said tho his voice was strange.

„Maybe we should watch it later, Parker, I know it’s hard...”

„I’m fine, Sydney! I’ve seen worse!”

„It’s not about good or bad, it’s about the...”

„Cut it, Freud!” She said, shooting him a warning glare. He just let out a sigh and nodded. Parker saw that something was bothering him as well and folded her arms in front of her.

„You know something about this, don’t you?” She asked sternly.

„No, I don’t!”

„I can see it on you!” She said in a low voice. Sydney turned his head to look at her and Parker knew that look. It was his privacy and didn’t want to tell it.

„It just reminded me of something, nothing else!” And with that he turned back to the screen.

„Here we go!” Jarod said as he pushed the play button again. Broots watched as Parker slowly turned her attention from Sydney to the screen as she lowered her hands and he followed suit.



„In fact she has no idea what that child means to the Centre!”

„But we can’t allow her to tell him that he’s the father! We both know that he would leave the Centre if he got to know that it’s his! He would want to go and take the child along with Catherine as well!”

„Do you think I don’t know?!” Mr. Parker barked back. „He has to concentrate on his work!”

„That’s not your only reason, is it?” Raines asked with a small evil smile on his face.

„He took Catherine away from me! Now I’m going to take his child!”

„Well, it’s going to be a satisfaction for you but... it won’t really hurt him until he finds out about it! And we both know that he can’t learn about it for a long time... if not ever!”

„That doesn’t matter! Only the knowledge that *his* son will be mine... the perfect revenge!”

„And what if it’s a girl?”

„We both know that it would be a wonder! It seems that *no* female child exists that has the proper genes that we want. But *if* that happened, she would be *my* daughter!” He said, the hatred and satisfaction flashing in his eyes.

„And the Centre’s!”

„And the Centre’s!” Mr. Parker nodded. „But it doesn’t seem possible. When Catherine’s going to give birth to the boy, we won’t have problems with keeping her occupied in raising it! And I’m gonna have a son!” He said, not sounding thrilled. „I just hope that the child won’t take after the father. And anyways! It’s going to hurt him enough to think that Catherine slept with me while they were together and that she’s choosing me!”

„You hate him!” Mr. Raines stated, looking at him.

„Of course I hate him! But Centre interests have a huge influence in this case as well and this is my luck! We have to concentrate on our duties...” Mr. Raines just nodded. “...for example the Pretender Project!”

“Speaking of which! That was the other reason why I came here! Everything is ready to start.”

“So soon?”

“Well, not right now!”

“What was the name of the boy again?” Mr. Parker asked, his brows furrowed.

“Jarod! He’s three years old and he’s perfect! Among all the other children he’s the best!”

“Tell everyone to get things ready. As soon as he’s ready bring him in! Keep him under surveillance in the meantime but make sure that the parents don’t notice it!”

“Of course! We can’t blow it! He’s special, we can’t let him slip away!”

“Perfect! And it will keep Sydney busy while I’m going to raise his child!” A satisfied, evil smile appeared on Mr. Parker’s face and he turned to Mr. Raines.




To be continued...