Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters in this story belong to NBC, MTM and Pretender Productions.
 
 


A Pretender Story
part II
by Evanescent





"Once again Jarod, where have you hide the DSAs?" Willy growled, jerking Jarod’s head back on the chair, "Answer me!"

Jarod, who’s handcuffed to a chair glared angrily at him but remained silent.

"Willy, let me handle this," Mr. Raines, "Jarod…Ms. Parker will die if you don’t give us the right answers this time."

Every muscle in Jarod’s body tightened with anger, his jaws clenched, he formed balls with his fists, tightening them so much they turned white.  He briefly closed his eyes, then opened them, and said, "Like I said before, it’s gone."

Mr. Parker suddenly walked in, he glanced at Jarod and then turned to Raines, "He’s right Raines, the DSAs was on the airplane, I saw it myself.  Leave him alone."

"And why should I take orders from you?" Mr. Raines said sarcastically.

"Because Raines, I own this place, unfortunately for you I am still very much live."  Walking toward Raines until he was just inches from his nose, he said in a dangerously low voice, "You pull a stunt like that on me again, you will live to regret that ever heard of the Centre in the first place & with Matombo here you better be praying that I didn’t mention this little "accident" to him."

Raines glared at Mr. Parker for a few moments but then lower his eyes.  "Fine.  This will not happen again but I want Jarod in my care for a few days."

Jarod, who was sitting quietly in his chair for a while, quickly looked up and locked eyes with Mr. Parker.  Mr. Parker opened his mouth and was about to say no when he seen Jarod slightly shook his head.   He was confused for a moment, but after looking at Jarod’s pleading eyes he understood.  In order to save Ms. Parker, Jarod will have to sacrifice himself, again.

"Fine," Mr. Parker said, "but be easy on him, we need him alive not dead is that clear?"

"You can trust me," Raines replied, "Willy, take Jarod to his cell."

Willy nodded, untying Jarod from his chair and jerking him to his feet, Jarod grimace in pain but remain quiet.  Mr. Parker remained in the room, hearing their footsteps grew smaller and smaller until he couldn’t hear them at all.

****

Blue Cove Hospital
1200 Hours

Ms. Parker slowly opened her eyes, Broots, who was sitting next to her, rose from his chair and shook Sydney awake.

"What…" Ms. Parker whispered, "Where’s Daddy?"

Sydney replied, "He’s still at the Centre, he has some things to straighten out with Raines."

Ms. Parker tried not to look hurt, not wanting to admit to Sydney or Broots and most of all herself that her father would always place her second in his heart.  "Where’s Jarod? Did he escape with his father on the plane?" She asked.

Sydney exchanged looks with Broots.  They both remain silent for a while, Ms. Parker became confused and worried but kept a straight face. "Well?"

Sydney said, "Jarod got caught, that’s also one of the reasons why your father was at the Centre.  His father was able to escape with the boy though."

Ms. Parker gave a triumphant grin,  "So your lab rat finally got back to its cage,"  she said, "I think after I get out of this hellhole I’ll go home and celebrate."

Sydney’s expression became sad, "Mr. Raines will be in charge of him for a few days."

Ms. Parker let out a gasp of shock.  Mr. Raines is going to take care of Jarod?  "Raines?! Syd, you know what will happen if Jarod is in Raines hands, why didn’t you stop him?"

"I’ve tried, but Mr. Parker ordered me to stay with you."

"What will happen to Jarod now?" She asked softly, afraid of the answer.

Sydney looked away, "I don’t know Ms. Parker, I just don’t know."

Ms. Parker slowly closed her eyes, trying to block her mind out of the thought of Jarod suffering at the hands of Mr. Raines.  She soon fell asleep, her mind filled with memories of her childhood, where everything was perfect.  Her mother was still alive, her father sill has control over the Centre, and of course Jarod was there…

Broots and Sydney quietly walked outside and closed the door.  Broots slowly leaned against the wall, "We’re going to get Jarod out of there,"  Sydney said with a determined look on his face.

Broots, astonished, asked, "You’re going through with the plan? When?"

"Tonight."

*****

The Centre
1800 Hours

Jarod sat at the edge of the bed in his cell, hugging his legs to his chest.  Usually in this sort of situation he’ll be thinking of ways to break out but this time he couldn’t because he knew that if he was to escape, Ms. Parker will die.  He kept on playing the last few moments of when she fell limply into his arms and when he saw her at the recovery room.

"You won’t be able to see Ms. Parker for a long, long time Jarod," Raines said, walking through the door, Willy and the other sweepers following close behind.  Jarod looked up, surprised.

"What the hell are you talking about?  You promised me that—" Jarod began.

"I promised you that I’ll take her to the hospital to save her life, but I didn’t promise how long she’ll remain that way."

Jarod was shocked, anger he never knew he had in him burst out as he hunge at Raines, Willy and the others held him back.

"You’re lying, you’re lying!" He shouted, trying to get away so he could attack again.  "I know you’re lying, her father wouldn’t allow that to happen to her."

Mr. Raines replied sarcastically, "You don’t know what he would allow Jarod, it’s only a small sacrifice to make in order to get you back Jarod." And as he walked out the door, he said, "Ms. Parker is dead Jarod, she should have been dead a long time ago so she wouldn’t have caused so much trouble."  Willy and the sweepers pushed Jarod against the wall and followed after him.

Jarod slid down the wall, his hands hugging his arms as he sat down, Mr. Raines words still echoed in his mind, "Ms. Parker is dead Jarod….dead Jarod…..dead Jarod…" "NO!!" He yelled, covering his ears, trying to block out what Raines said as tears ran down his eyes, "No….." As his shoulders shook, he cried, finally believing that his love has indeed died. "I love you….I love you Ms. Parker." He whispered
 
 

************
 

Any Compliments or Criticisms

Thank you!!