Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters in this story belong to NBC, MTM and Pretender Productions.
 
 


A Pretender Story
part VIII
by Evanescent




Ms. Parker and Sydney just walked through the door, they both froze when they saw what Jarod was doing.  "Hello Ms. Parker, Dr. Green, I’m glad that you’ll be able to join us," Jarod smirked,

"Jarod—"Ms. Parker said,

"Michael!" He shouted.

"Fine. Michael, let my father go, do you know what you’re doing?"

"I’m going to kill everyone in the Centre," he took about another gun and pointed it back to Mr. Parker’s head.  He looked over at Mr. Parker, "Starting with you." Moving his other gun until it was pointed directly at Sydney.

****

The Centre
2430 Hours

"Hey, Dad—"Jarod whispered,

"Shh!" Major whispered, putting a finger on his lips.  After crawling around in air vent for the past half-hour, he needed all his concentration if he wanted to get Jarod out of here alive.

A hand touched his shoulder, he slowly turned his head around, his hand on his gun ready to shoot. "Angelo!" He whispered happily

Angelo smiled, Young Jarod said in a low voice, "What’s what I’ve been trying to tell you, Angelo is here with us,"

"Angelo, can you help me find Jarod?" Major asked desperately,

Angelo’s smile disappeared, he sadly said, "Jarod…..dying……Michael now."

Major stopped crawling, shocked, Young Jarod put a hand on his shoulder, "Dad, does this mean that we have to kill--" he asked reluctantly

"No!  Hold on, Angelo said that Jarod is dying that means that Jarod is becoming more and more like Michael but we haven’t lost him yet.  If we could just reverse the effects…I got it!  I read in the file that the only way that Alternations would fail is if the subject really wanted it to happen…but how are we going to do that when Jarod is Michael now?"

Angelo began crawling, gesturing them to follow.  Young Jarod and the Major fell silent and crawled after him.  Soon they heard voices coming from the vent, they looked down and there was Jarod……..pointing the gun directly at Sydney…………

****

Mr. Parker’s Office
100 Hour

"Say good-bye Dr. Green," Jarod said, he was about pull the trigger when another unfamiliar memory flooded his mind……

(Flashback)
(Young Jarod hands Sydney a Father's Day card that depicts a man holding the hand of a boy. It is hand drawn.)
Sydney: Jarod I told you I can’t accept this.
Jarod: But I made it for you.
Sydney: This card is meant for someone else.
Jarod: Don't you love me Sydney? (Hurt in his eyes)
Sydney: (Deposits the card in a waste bin.) We have work to do.
"Jarod, what’s wrong? Jarod!" Sydney cried when he saw his beloved pretender seem to have a blank look shown on his face and would not respond to his calling.

"Who the hell are you?" Jarod yelled at him, he took a step back, he shook his head, and switched his left target at Ms. Parker when Mr. Raines, Brigitte, and Lyle came strolling in, they also froze in their position when they saw who was holding the gun.

"What are you doing Michael?" Raines demanded

"Shut up.  This shouldn’t take long." Jarod replied, Mr. Raine’s eyes burned in anger but he fell silent.

With his gun pointed at Ms. Parker now, he tried to pull the trigger but he couldn’t, something wouldn’t let him, then he remembered…….the smell of a women’s hair…….those beautiful eyes………the most beautiful woman he had ever seen…….who was that women?  He looks at Ms. Parker, she’s so beautiful………… no, it can’t be her, he thought, and made one last attempt to pull the trigger, his fingers weren’t cooperating,  his mind isn’t thinking clearly, all he could think was the unknown women, where had he seen her? How come he couldn’t see her face, only her eyes? He took another step back; his plan is not going as well as it should…

Ms. Parker looked at Jarod with confusion and worry, what’s wrong with him? She thought.  She took a step forward, just as Broots came in.  His eyes flew to the gun but remained standing, he could not run now, his friends needed him.

Jarod was becoming agitated, where are these memories coming from?  They must have succeeded in brainwashing him, no, he must break away, if he let his emotions get in the way, he may end up like Jarod…….he is Jarod he thought grimly, could these be his past memories? Damnit.  He couldn’t think straight, they did this to him, now he will have his revenge.  He smiled dangerously and directed his gun to Mr. Raines, "Good-bye Mr. Raines." He said softly, he laughed and was about to pull the trigger when something fell from the air vent and landed in back of him. Before he could react, the blow to the back of the head knocked him out.

"Major Charles." Ms. Parker whispered, grateful that he saved her father.

"The fun isn’t over yet," The Major said, he pointed the gun he had in his hand at Mr. Raines, "I ought to shoot you for what you did to my son, but right now I don’t have the time.  Jarod!" He called to the boy in the vent, "Come down, it’s safe now,"

Young Jarod jumped down, he smiled shyly at Ms. Parker.  "Okay, Jarod, get the chopper ready," Major told him, Young Jarod nodded, he looked down at Jarod, lying on the floor and became worried, "Are you sure you didn’t hit him too hard dad?" He asked.

"I’m sure son, now hurry up and don’t let anyone at the Centre see you." Young Jarod nodded and ran off, out of the room.

Raines, burning in anger was unable to speak, both of his best pretenders had escaped him, again.  Lyle and Brigette glanced at each other and knew that the triumvirate isn’t going to like this.  Major Charles pointed the gun at Ms. Parker, "Ms. Parker, Sydney, Broots, get in the chopper, I need you to help me with something,"

"With what?" Sydney asked

"Getting Jarod back."

*****

Hunting Shack
Delaware
900 Hours

Jarod opened his eyes, where am I? He thought, he got up, rubbing his head, the pain of the blow had not went away. "Good morning," A man said, standing in the doorway, he walked in.  "Do you want any breakfast?"

"Who the hell are you?" Jarod demanded, immediately the back of his head began to throb, he sat back down onto the bed to stop the dizziness the pain had caused him.

"Sorry about that," The man said, he walked over and sat down on a chair beside the bed.

"About what? You are the one that did this to me?" He asked, his temper rising.

"Yeah, son.  If I hadn’t you would’ve killed everyone at the Centre by now."

"That was my intention,"

"This is going to take longer than I thought," Major replied, rubbing his temples with his fingers. "Jarod--"

"Michael," Jarod shouted.

"Jarod!  Don’t you remember anything?!  I’m your father, don’t you remember?" his father shouted

Jarod mind again was flooded with another unknown memory….

(Flashback)
(Jarod was running, quickly looking for a place to escape when someone grabbed him by the shoulders)
Major Charles: Oh my…..God in heaven, it’s you!
Jarod: Dad!
Major Charles: Look at you!  It’s been so long…
(Jarod so happy and filled with love of his father only gaze at him in wonder)

(Another Flashback)
(Major Charles from the window of a plane)
Major Charles: I love you son!
Jarod: (whispered) I love you too Dad…
"Jarod?  Jarod!" Major cried.  Jarod closed his eyes for a moment, pushing the memory out of his mind.

"All I know is that you have ruined my plans and once I get out of these handcuffs, I will kill you." Jarod yelled, his eyes gleaming with hatred.  Immediately after those words were uttered from his lips, he already regretted them, he hated the man, but it was because of the memories that he does not know he had of this man that caused him to lash out.  He never experienced these feelings before, and he sure as hell is going to keep it out of his system if he was to get away.

"Jarod--" Major he said

"Dad, I think you should come and see this," Young Jarod stepped into the room, he walked toward the Major and smiled at Jarod.

"And who the hell are you?" Jarod asked sarcastically.

"I’m you." Young Jarod said simply.  Jarod’s eyes widen in surprise.

"I’m your clone," Young Jarod replied, a half-smile curved from his lips and amusement danced in his eyes.

Jarod remained silent, I have a clone, he thought in awe.

"Oh yeah," Young Jarod turned back to his father, "Dad, I need to talk to you about something,"

"But—" Major complained, but when he saw the look on Young Jarod’s face, he shut his mouth and followed his son outside, shutting the door behind him.
 
 
 

Any Compliments or Criticisms

Thank you!!