Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

A Pretender Story XIX A Pretender Story XIX Written By: Evanescent

Disclaimer: The characters in this story belong to NBC, MTM and Pretender Productions.

Jarod typed at a surprising speed, quickly absorbing every piece of information that would lead him to the escaped pretender. Ms. Parker, Sydney, and Broots only stood behind him and looked on in awe, though Jarod is Michael now, he is still the best pretender the Centre ever had. Jarod stopped typing suddenly, “I found out Jason’s location,” he replied, all heads turned toward him, it took us about 4 years to catch Jarod Ms. Parker thought, and now he caught another Pretender within a few minutes, unbelievable. “He’s in Toluca National Forest in North Central Oregon.“ Ms. Parker raised an eyebrow, Sydney and Broots gave each other a look. That’s where Jarod’s first love, Nia Pedron lives.

Raines came in, dragging his oxygen tank behind him, “The triumvirate has agreed to Mr. Parker’s proposal of temporary granting Jarod’s freedom for this case. He will go to Oregon.” More eyebrows were raised when he left.

Ms. Parker withdrew her cell phone from her jacket “Give me 5 tickets to North Central Oregon to Toluca National Forest,” She commanded into the mouthpiece. “We’re going to pay a little visit to your girlfriend Frankenstein.” My girlfriend Jarod thought bewilderedly, I have a girlfriend?

“My name is Michael.” Jarod said coldly, Ms. Parker turned her head and stared into his eyes for a minute, then look away.


Nia’s House

North Central Oregon

1200 Hours

“Thank you Nia.” Jason said, Nia smiles sadly, “I’m sorry to tell you the news about Jarod, but I needed your help, we need to get him back.”

“I will do whatever I can to help him,” Nia turned and handed Jason a cup of coffee,

“It’s my fault,” Jason cried, sitting on the couch, Nia put her hand on his shoulder, “I shouldn’t have told Mr. Raines where to find him, but—“

“Shhh,” Nia put her finger to her lips, “Raines threatened to kill your friend, you have no other choice.”

“But does that solve anything? Does it? He killed him in the end, he—“Jason broke down, sobbing, Nia wrapped her arms around his shoulders, comforting him.

“It’s okay…it’s okay…” Nia whispered, he is so innocent, she thought as she rocked him back and forth, just like what Jarod was…


Oregon

1500 Hours

Jarod knocked on the door, a woman answered it, “Jarod!” She cried and kissed him. He was shocked and frozen in place, who was this woman?! He thought but there was something…something special about her, then she pulled back and looked into his eyes, he felt as if he met her before…somewhere.

Ms. Parker stepped in between the two and held up a picture of Jason she got from the files, “Have you seen this man?”

“Yes, I have. He stopped here on his way over to Toluca National Forest and told me Jarod would be coming here, he doesn’t want to stay in my home though. He said he doesn’t like being in small rooms.” She said with a half-smile, gazing at Jarod. Ms. Parker looked away, that woman is all over Jarod she thought disgustedly and had an overwhelming urge to slap that woman across the face but she fought it down. Sydney and Broots both saw the jealousy burning in Ms. Parker’s eyes and exchanged looks.

Jarod continued to look at her as a memory flooded back into his mind…..


(Flashback)

Nia: Jarod!

(Nia shoots out a hand and Jarod quickly grabs it and bangs into the rock.)

Jarod: Ow!

(He pulls himself up the rest of the way and ends up on his side, face to face with Nia. Their eyes lock and relief, thanks and something else went through their minds)


“Nia.” Jarod whispered. Everyone turned their heads and stared at him, Nia smiled brilliantly at him and place her head on his shoulder. Ms. Parker turned her head so no one would see the hurt that flashed in her eyes.

“Do you know where’s the nearest hotel we could stay in for the night Ms. Pedron?” Sydney asked.

“The nearest one is about 100 miles. I don’t think it’s a good idea though, the hotel is not as good as it used to be. Just stay here tonight, you could find another hotel in the morning.” She replied smiling and gazing into Jarod’s face. Jarod looked back at her and smiled, Ms. Parker walked to the door, “Thanks for the…generous offer, but I would hate to spoil your…happy reunion with Jarod.” She said, nearly choking on her words, and quickly walked out the door to her car, Sydney and Broots ran to catch up with her.

When Nia heard the door shut behind her, she called, “Jason! You can come out now!” Jason walked into the room, and before Jarod could react, he pinned him to the ground.

“Jarod, you need to listen to me! Raines is going to kill your Father! Do you hear me? He’s going to kill your father and Mr. Parker! And he’s going to use me to do it so that’s why I escaped.” Jason yelled.

Jarod stopped struggling, “What?” He asked in a dangerously low voice, “Why should I believe you?”

“Because if you don’t, Raines will kill everyone you loved, including—“ Jason looked at Nia, she turned away, she knew who he’s going to say next, “Including Ms. Parker.”