Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

A Pretender Story (18 of ?) A Pretender Story (18 of ?) Written By: Archangel

Disclaimer: The characters in this story belong to NBC, MTM and Pretender Productions.

The Centre

2300 Hours

The Major leaned his head against the wall of his cell, how could he have let this happen? He thought Jarod…oh god Jarod…….he bowed his head and cried until exhaustion took over and he slipped into a dream full of sadness and torture.


Ms. Parker’s House

2300 Hours

Ms. Parker laid on the couch with tears streaming down her eyes…they have lost him…they lost Jarod…the thought echoed over and over in her mind as she repeated the events that happened today in her head. She cleared her thoughts, this is what she wanted, Jarod is back at the Centre, Major Charles is in his cell…she is free. But How come she felt as if someone had stabbed her through the heart?


Broot’s House

2300 Hours

Broots sat on the kitchen chair…what are they going to do? Now that Jarod is Michael, there’s no telling what he is capable of…

“Daddy? Are you all right?” A voice asked, Broots jumped and turned his head, Debbie was in her pajamas, she was peering down at her dad, her eyes filled with worry.

“Yes, I’m fine sweetheart. Come here.” Broots replied and embraced his daughter, just thinking what would have happened if they were the ones that Raines wanted disposed of made him wrap his arms around her even tighter with fear. They stayed that way for a long time and fell asleep together on the kitchen floor.


Hunting Shack

2300 Hours

Young Jarod called from his computer, “This is Sydney.” Sydney said into the mouthpiece.

“Sydney!” Jarod cried, “What happened?” He never heard that defeated sound in his voice before. “Jarod…Michael…killed the family…Jarod’s dead…he’s gone Jarod…” Sydney whispered and then the line went dead.

Young Jarod stood staring at the computer screen in shock for a long time, then he quickly broke into the Centre database to find out what went wrong. What he found out caused him to feel more alone than ever before.


The Centre

2300 Hours

Sydney hung up the phone, he stared at the object for a long while before he collapse on his couch…Jarod is dead…then the memories of what Jarod did came flooding back…over and over the screams and cries of the Petersons before they died repeated themselves in his head…NO! His mind screamed, but he saw the it all before him…Jarod pulling the trigger…the women’s body crumpled upon the impact of the bullet…he closed his eyes and tears dropped like rain onto his cheeks.


The Centre

2300 Hours

Mr. Parker gazed into the family picture he had with his daughter…what he would give to be with her right now he thought but he couldn’t, if he exposed his soft side to Raines, Raines would definitely take the chance to destroy them both and he couldn't allow that. He wouldn’t. He thought he knew Jarod…knew how he thinks…the man that the Centre brought back was Jarod…but not anymore, Jarod is Michael now. The phone rang, Mr. Parker picked it up, it was from the Triumvirate…


Jarod’s Cell

2300 Hours

Jarod laid in his bed and stared up at the ceiling, the plan was a success he thought grimly, yet he felt no triumph from it. He turned over on his side, he wanted so much to just give up the pretend, to tell his family he is still Jarod but he knew he couldn’t give up now, too much was at stake. He would rather have everyone he loved hated him than to have everyone he loved dying in front of him.


The Centre

900 Hours

“Last night I have received a call from the Triumvirate. Another pretender escaped from the Centre without our knowledge. They demanded the assistance of Michael and yours to find him, then break him.” Mr. Parker announced.

Silence filled the room, Sydney just stood and stared toward the wall, Broots placed a hand on his friend's shoulder, Ms. Parker just made her normal stance, gazing coldly into her father’s eyes. Jarod nodded and said, “Yes Mr. Parker,”

“Here is his file.” Mr. Parker handed him the file, and as they made eye contact, he looked into his eyes, they held compassion…looking away, confused, Mr. Parker sat down on his armchair.

“Jason.” He read and quickly absorbed the file. It looks like the man admired him, Mr. Raines had him performed a sim on him yet instead of catching the real thing, he became Jarod.

“I will give you the next few days to find him.” Mr. Parker said before abruptly turn and leaving the room.

“Now let’s get started shall we?” Jarod asked, when no one replied or made a move, he smiled smugly and walked over to the desk “Still upset about yesterday?”

“You son of a bitch!” Ms. Parker hissed,

“Temper Temper Ms. Parker, we wouldn’t want you do have another ulcer.” Jarod said slyly. Ms. Parker whipped around and gave him a look of surprise. Ulcer? Jarod thought, I knew Ms. Parker had an ulcer?

“I don’t care what you’re going to do Michael, if you want to kill me, then get on with it.” Sydney snapped.

I have to think of something Jarod thought. “What was your son’s name again Dr. Green? Nelson? Nick? Ah, Nicolas.” My memories is coming back to me Jarod thought happily. Sydney’s eyes filled with fear and anger as he gaze at the man but he was right, the Centre always have ways of making him do things, first his wife, then Jarod, now his son.

“And do you have anything to add to this little game Broots?” Jarod asked.

“Umm….no.” Broots mumbled.

“Then let’s get started, shall we Ms. Parker?” Jarod walked over to the door and held it open for her.

“Go to hell!” Ms. Parker yelled, her eyes filled with rage as she walked through the door.