Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

ANGEL SERIES:SPOILERS : This season. . . . This was part of a series that Imagine started with her angel, Chloe. It suddenly grew and others wished to protect and nurture the angels that protect and guide the members of the Centre. Aphrael is and always will be Angelo's angel, and if no one objects an older angel named Gryphon has been calling out to provide clues and insights in to young Master Ethan. . . . disclaimer is that i don't own the characters orginated by the series the Pretender at the moment they belong to FOX. . . . I do claim protectorateship on Aphrael and Gryphon and Tristan. . . .


Guardian Angel Series
3 - Soulkeepers
by Trisha





I had to attend a Guardian Angel, second class meeting, when suddenly Tristan, Guardian Angel, first class, stopped talking and looked at me, a wave of dread filling me. Cries of anger, pain, and fear echoed in my soul. My already purple wings had darkened at the noise, to shades of indigo and almost purple-black. My Angelo is tormented by demons that want to hurt his friend Jarod. My second thought is for Jarod. For if Angelo is this distraugt then Jarod must be in serious trouble, but Jarod is Chloe's charge. And someone else's story to tell.

"Aphrael, your charge needs you," Tristan's soft accented voice reverbrated in my mind," Go, I'll visit with you later."

Looking Tristan in his pain filled eyes as he continued to hear the anguished cries of my charge, I thanked him silently and acknowledged that we would have time later. Angels always have time.

Dissolving before my other fellow angels, amid the prayers and songs, I found myself in a small cell watching Angelo carve a cross in the cement wall of the building that housed his body but not his mind. Now you have to understand that Angelo's mind is so very different from most human minds, he feels the emotions of those he cares about. And right now at this moment it's all a jumble. Fear. Uncertainty. Anger. Confusion. Pain. The salvo of emotions hits me with such force that I nearly recoil from them.

Sam the sweeper ordered to protect Angelo from the sinister machinations of Raines and Lyle had him taken to one of the Sim labs that is used to store all the items that were collected over the past three and half years. Items that Jarod, himself, either touched or was invovled with in someway while out righting the wrongs of the world. I digress for Angelo is my primary concern. Once in the room, he is frantically rummaging through the items trying desperately to find the source of hatred and revenge against Jarod. My charge is dressed in the firefighter uniform and overcome by the fear that Jarod felt as he made his way through the smoke filled hallways trying to find the occupants of the burning building. Hovering directly above him, I see the others who even if they don't show it externally care for Angelo enter the room. Miss Parker with her caustic wit, is plagued with fear and doubt, Broots who without the aid of his trusty computer is helpless to solve a problem, and Sydney, the noble one, the one who has no qualms about voicing his concern for Jarod. As much as he wants to help make Angelo's task quicker, he knows that Angelo goes to where the feelings are. I so hope that makes sense to others. Reading the impressions from the various items, Angelo is torn, dejected and disoriented. I stay close, hoping my presence gives him some comfort and a glimmer of hope to succeed at the task at hand.

Spreading my wings I envelop his body in a cocoon of feather wings, in the hopes that my caring and concern will force him to calm down, as he swings in the rope trap that had lead to the one that wanted Jarod dead. Miraculously, he sinks down on the floor, his disjointed stare lasting only seconds before he brings his trembling hands to his face, while his body is wracked with sobs.

"HATE JAROD! KILL JAROD! HELP JAROD!"

Eventually, those that needed to know understand what Angelo was feeling, he singled out the one that hates Jarod and Miss Parker. Now that my mission is accomplished and I will stay close to him for awhile. The ordeal was stressful to him and he needs peace, if only for a little while. Until he is needed again in this dark place that houses him. It is not that far off in the near future. Meanwhile, Gryphon, my love, has become increasingly erractic lately, he complains of the evil voices and tries desperately to drowned them out of his charges head, in order to make way for the sweetest voice of all. . . his mother's. Catherine.



Feedback please : Ractrish@aol.com