The Doctor Is In by Rachel
Summary: In this little story, Jarod and Miss Parker have been together for a while. She still works at the Centre and Jarod still does his Pretender stuff and they get together whenever they can. This is one of their little adventures together.
Categories: Alternate Universe Characters: Jarod, Miss Parker, Other Non-Centre Related Character
Genres: General, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 15381 Read: 24581 Published: 26/08/05 Updated: 26/08/05

1. Part 1 by Rachel

2. Part 2 by Rachel

3. Part 3 by Rachel

4. Part 4 by Rachel

5. Part 5 by Rachel

6. Part 6 by Rachel

7. Epilogue by Rachel

Part 1 by Rachel
DISCLAIMER: I wish I owned the rights to the characters of Jarod, Miss Parker, Sydney, and Broots—but I don't. So please, don't sue me.

SUMMARY: In this little story, Jarod and Miss Parker have been together for a while. She still works at the Centre and Jarod still does his Pretender stuff and they get together whenever they can. This is one of their little adventures together.

PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK and tell me what you think (Good or bad--it's the only way I'll improve my writing.) Thanks.




"The Doctor Is In"

Part 1
by Rachel




FRIDAY EVENING
JAROD'S APARTMENT


Jarod put the final touches on the dinner table he set for him and her, but mostly for her. He smiled at the thought of her. His heart fluttered every time he thought of her. She is the most important person in his life. Tonight has to be perfect. It has been over two weeks since he'd seen her. He wondered how she would be. She's probably mad as hell not hearing from him for two weeks. It wasn't his fault and it wasn't on purpose. He'd explain it all to her when she got there. He felt nervous and excited at the same time—he played all the scenarios in his head but came up empty on how she would treat him. It could go either way. His thoughts were interrupted by a slight, hesitant knock on the door. "That can't be her" he said to himself. "For one, she would probably kick the door down before she knocked." Jarod buttoned up the shirt he was wearing and went to open the door.

"Dr. Jamieson? Can I come in?" the woman said meekly. She was the new patient that he saw that morning at the Psychiatric Clinic.

"What are you doing here, Barbara?"

"I followed you. I've been sitting in my car for the past two hours. I had to see you. You are the only one who can help me. You are the only one who seemed to understand me and relate to me."

"Barbara, it's not good for a patient and her doctor to see each other outside the Clinic."

"I know Doctor, but….but….." Barbara broke into sobs. Jarod lead her inside and sat her down on the couch.

***************************

THAT MORNING
MISS PARKER'S OFFICE


Miss Parker was in her usual foul mood today--she has been for the past two weeks. She hasn't heard from him in two weeks—TWO WEEKS. At first she was disappointed, then she got worried, then she got scared—what if something horrible happened to him?—but now she's angry, angry as hell. How dare he just disappear on her. How dare he not think of how she would feel. How dare he. Her anger now is turning to worry again—but she was still angry. Sydney and Broots have been keeping their distance. They wondered if not hearing from Jarod for two weeks had anything to do with her bad attitude. They were right. She constantly hounded them about news on Jarod. When they had none, she would storm out of the room with a "Hmmpf!"

But this morning was different. Broots peeked into Miss Parker's office holding a small package.

"M-Miss Parker? I-I have a….." Before he could even finish a sentence, Miss Parker pulled him completely in her office, grabbed the package from his hands and started ripping at it like a wild animal that has been deprived of food for a long time and meat was thrown at its feet.

"Is it from Jarod?" Broots asked nervously.

Miss Parker didn't even acknowledged his presence. She just kept on studying and fingering the contents of the package.

Without emotion, or maybe a combination of all emotions, she grabbed Broots by the arm and pushed him out the door. "Let's go."

**************************************

BACK AT JAROD'S APARTMENT

Jarod knelt in front of Barbara and tried to calm her by talking gently and lowly. It seemed to work at first but when she starts to talk, she breaks into sobs again, burying her face in her hands. Jarod didn't know what to do. Then all of a sudden, she lunges at Jarod, wrapping her arms around his neck, sobbing on his chest. Jarod felt very uncomfortable. He tried to pry her arms from his neck, but no success. With his mind concentrated on getting loose, he didn't hear the unlocking and opening of the door.

The door wildly swung open and a VERY angry woman stood in the doorway.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??!!" she said with so much menace and venom it caused Jarod and Barbara to turn their heads towards her and freeze in fear.

Miss Parker has arrived.

Jarod was in big trouble. Miss Parker entered the room and paced like a predator stalking its prey.

Jarod VERY slowly got up, urging Barbara to do the same, and VERY slowly headed toward the door where Sydney and Broots were standing. Jarod kept his sight fixed on Miss Parker, at the same time making sure NO ONE made any sudden movements.

"Sydney, this is Barbara.", Jarod whispered. "Would you and Broots take her home?" Broots and Sydney proceeded to leave the apartment, so many questions in their minds, but not daring to ask any.

"And Sydney?", turning his back on Miss Parker and looking at the older man, hopefully looking for understanding, Jarod pleaded, " Could you talk to Barbara? She really needs a friend right now. I'll deal with the jealous wildcat." Jarod grinned at his own comment, making Sydney even more curious, but decided to let Miss Parker deal with Jarod alone—or vice versa.

Jarod shut the door slowly, taking in deep breaths, his back still toward Miss Parker—knowing she was glaring at him. The hair on the back of his head stood. His mind battled on how to approach her. How do you approach an angry tiger?

He could give her the "I'm sorry" look. That wouldn't work. Or….he could give her the "I missed you" look. No. Maybe he could try to match her "angry" look. She would probably shoot him. Jarod went for the "defeated" look. He slowly turned around to face her. "I can explain." He begged.

"OVER TWO WEEKS, JAROD! I DIDN'T HEAR FROM YOU FOR OVER TWO DAMNED WEEKS! AND THEN I FIND YOU WITH ANOTHER WOMAN?! I'M NOT GIVING YOU A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN. WE'RE THROUGH!"

"I've missed you." Jarod said calmly, as if he didn't hear her outburst. He just stood there and looked at her with that grin of his. Dumb move on his part. Now she's really furious.

"Ggrrrrr!!!" She growled at him. "You are NOT going to charm your way out of this one!" She poked him so hard on the chest he was sure it was going to leave a bruise.

"But I DID miss you." He gave her his most pathetic look. She turned her back to him and clenched her fists.

"You are hopeless!" She was weakening—a little. "I'm hopelessly in love with you." Jarod wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck. Another not-so-smart move at the moment. Or maybe it was. For a second she didn't resist, but then he was rewarded with a sharp elbow jab in the gut.

"Ow!"

"Serves you right." She turned around and stared at him while he held his stomach.

"Can I explain now?"

"Fine."

"Would you like to sit?"

Miss Parker walked toward the couch and for the first time noticed the beautiful table setting—complete with candles, fine silverware, and champagne chilling in the ice.

"I'll stand." She said defiantly.

Jarod noticed how hurt she looked when she saw the table and he tried to reach out to her but she pulled away from his touch.

"I did this for you, you know" Jarod pointed at the table.

Miss Parker just stood there with her arms crossed across her chest and said nothing.

"Barbara, the woman that was here," Jarod began, noticing Miss Parker cringe at the mention of her name, "is a patient at the Psychiatric Clinic." Miss Parker had a disgusted look on her face, but still said nothing. Jarod sighed at her reactions and continued.

"I signed on at the Clinic yesterday to investigate a case on some missing children. Barbara came in this morning to talk about her two missing kids. She followed me here. She said I was the only one who understood her and really cared about her. She seemed so lost. Nothing happened." Jarod shifted on his feet. Miss Parker was unmoved, but her shoulders seemed slightly more relaxed.

"Now, about the two weeks of absence…." Jarod said cautiously. Miss Parker tensed up again. "I was in a bad accident two weeks ago." Jarod thought he saw slight panic in Miss Parker's eyes, but she held her ground, holding on to the stone expression she has perfected.

"I was driving out in the country in a bad rainstorm and I didn't see the deer cross the road until it was too late. I swerved to try and miss it and with the wet road, I slid and hit a tree then I blacked out. I woke up in someone's house but I couldn't remember who I was, where I was going, what I do. I couldn't remember a thing. The house belonged to a farmer and his family—they found me. Apparently I crashed right in front of their property. For over a week they nursed me back to health. Still, I couldn't remember who I was, except for a vision of a very beautiful woman, with piercing blue eyes, that kept invading my mind. I kept seeing your face, Parker. Then, talk about a turn of events. The farmer and his wife insisted I stay with them, but not only insisted, they forcefully wanted me to stay with them. They wanted me to marry their daughter. Then I started to regain my memory. Lucky for me, the girl was in love with a guy down the road. Her parents didn't approve of him so they banned her from seeing him. She helped me get out of there and get my things back. I hit the road and came here. I'm really sorry, Parker."

Jarod wasn't sure if Miss Parker believed his story or not. She just stood there and stared at him, making him nervous. The tension abated a little, but it was still thick. The phone rang and Jarod was relieved at the distraction, hurrying to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Jarod, I need you to come to Clinic tonight. I know you said you had plans but I'm really needing some man-power right now."

"I can't, John…..wait,,,," Jarod turned to look at Miss Parker and she showed no indication of forgiveness. Turning his back on her again, he resigned to go back to the Clinic.

"I guess I can come over, seems that I can't resolve anything here tonight."

Then Jarod felt a firm grasp on his arm from behind and a shiver ran up his spine at the low and threatening voice of Miss Parker. "You are not going anywhere."

"I am not going anywhere." Jarod repeated on the phone. "Sorry, John, I guess I can't make it back after all."

"Oh, never mind, Jarod. Dr. Stevens just walked in. Good luck."

"Thanks, bye."

"Parker…..I…."

Miss Parker turned Jarod around, wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips. Jarod's momentary shock quickly diminished and he returned the passionate kiss.

"Does this mean you forgive me?" Jarod asked between kisses.

"No. I just want to use you."

Jarod smiled and kissed her again.

"I've missed you, Parker."

"And I could hurt you for making me miss you so much."

"I love you, you stubborn, beautiful woman."

"And I love you, you pain in the ass."

"You know, now that I have you in my arms, I'm never letting you go."

"You better not."

"And if you keep kissing me like that you may never see the outside world again. I'm gonna keep you here and tell the Centre you've been kidnapped by a madman."

"You threatening me, Rat-boy?"

"Speaking of threats, remind me NEVER to make you jealous again."

"Damn right. If I ever see you in another woman's arms again, I shoot first, ask questions second. And I don't mean shoot her, either."

"Hey, since you're here, want to help me with another case?"

"Doing what and for how long?"

"A week, tops. Oh, and you have to pretend you're my wife."

"Hhmmn. I can handle the week off, but the wife part?"

"It wouldn't be that bad to be married to me, would it?"

"Let me think about that one."

"Ha. Ha."

"Do I have to cook for you?"

"Oh please, NO!"

"Hey!" Miss Parker smacked Jarod on the chest. "So, my dear Jarod, you said you set that table for me. Do I get my dinner now?"

"Um, why don't we have dessert first." And with that, Jarod slung Miss Parker over his shoulder and carried her to the bedroom. She let out a playful squeal and grabbed onto his back for support.

2 HOURS LATER

Miss Parker walked out of the bedroom wearing one of Jarod's shirts and Jarod followed her dressed only in his boxer shorts.

"Where's that dinner? I'm starved."

"Give me a chance to heat it up."

Miss Parker sat at the table and inspected it approvingly while Jarod got busy with the meal.

"So? What do I have to do as Mrs…, who are you this week anyway?"

"Dr. Jarod Jamieson."

"Mrs. Jamieson?"

"You'll accompany me to a formal gathering tomorrow night honoring a top group of Psychiatrists in the area."

"Ooohh—I get to go shopping for a dress."

"And, you have to try and get in with the circle of wives. I hear they're a tight group of spoiled, rich women. I have a feeling they're the key to this case."

"Great, " Miss Parker said dryly, " I have to hob-nob with the snobby bitches."

"You should fit right in."

Miss Parker gave Jarod a "You're such a jerk" look. Jarod walked behind her and placed the food in front of her, then leaned in to whisper in her ear.

"You were thinking the same thing."

"So?!"

Jarod kissed her softly on the lips before he walked over and sat down opposite her.

"Jerk," she muttered.

Jarod looked down at his plate and began eating, smiling from ear to ear.

*******************

THAT EVENING AT THE BANQUET

Jarod and Miss Parker arrived at the banquet and looked around the surroundings. There were about 200 people there milling around the room drinking champagne and eating fancy hors d'ouvres. Jarod squeezed Miss Parker around the waist before going further into the room. "Are you ready for this?" He asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be. Did I tell you you look quite handsome tonight?"

"Why, thank you, Mrs. Jamieson. Did I tell you you look gorgeous?"

"About 30 times already." Miss Parker smiled. Jarod looked around the room again and spotted the four men that were being honored that night. The two headed toward them, nodding at the others as they passed them.

"Good evening gentlemen." Jarod extended his hand to the four men.

"Congratulations on you accomplishments." The men shook Jarod's hand, eyeing Miss Parker and smiling at her.

"And you are?" One of the men asked.

"I'm Dr. Jarod Jamieson, the new psychiatrist at the Memorial Clinic. This is my wife Marissa." Miss Parker held out her hand and one by one the men reached for it and gave it a light kiss.

"We want to introduce you to our wives." One of the men said, looking about the room trying to spot his wife. "Oh, there they are. Come on. They are going to be pleased to meet you, Dr. Jamieson. And of course, you too, Mrs. Jamieson."

The four men walked ahead of Jarod and Miss Parker, giving them a chance to talk without being heard.

"Did you see that?" Miss Parker said in a hushed and annoyed tone. "They looked at me like I'm some piece of merchandise. I did not like the way they were looking at me. I usually don't mind getting compliments, but those men are like vultures and I'm just a piece of meat."

"Oh? I didn't notice." Jarod remarked ignorantly.

"Yeah, right, Jarod, you didn't notice." Miss Parker said sarcastically. "You practically cut the circulation off my waist, holding me so tight."

Jarod just looked at her and grinned.

They reached the group of women and immediately they pounced on Jarod with their eyes, probably imagining him naked. Miss Parker noticed how the women were practically drooling at the sight of him. Miss Parker elbowed Jarod in the ribs and smiled at the fact that he was oblivious to their lustful stares--unless of course he was just pretending to not notice.

"Ladies, this is Dr. and Mrs. Jarod Jamieson. He's the new psychiatrist at the Memorial Psychiatric Clinic."

"Hellooo, Dr. Jamieson. I'm Sabina Strand," she introduced herself, dragging every syllable she uttered, extending her limp hand to Jarod.

"Please call me Jarod. And this is Marissa." Miss Parker and Sabina gave each other half smiles before turning their attention to the other women.

The other three women were as obviously seductive to Jarod as Sabina. They introduced themselves as Bonnie Tanner, Lara Sampson, and Kara Hale. After some more "pleasantries", the men coaxed Jarod to join them, leaving Miss Parker with the other wives. Miss Parker wasn't intimidated but she was definitely determined to figure out what these women were up to--especially if it had to do with Jarod. She becameespecially curious when Bonnie's husband mentioned that they hoped she and Jarod would join in their *special arrangement * between the husbands and wives.
Part 2 by Rachel
DISCLAIMER IN PART 1
Author's note: Sorry Jarod fans, but Miss Parker is taking over!! (hee hee) Please let me know what you think--lots of times, the story improves (or gets scrapped) by what the critics say. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!




"The Doctor Is In"
Part 2
by Rachel




The women gathered around talking about their lives, about what they have, and what they don't have. Miss Parker was getting impatient and irritated at the empty conversations she was having with these high-society air heads. Miss Parker plastered on a sweet smile and offered her own bull.

"You know, Marissa," Sabina confided, "our husbands are looking for another partner and I think Jarod would be perfect." Miss Parker thought she heard Sabina purr when she said `perfect'. Miss Parker dismissed the thought and looked on with interest and decided this was a good time to ask about the *special arrangement* thing.

"Exactly what did your husband mean by Jarod and I joining you?" Miss Parker questioned Bonnie.

The ladies looked at each other smiling mischievous smiles. They talked among themselves as if Miss Parker wasn't even in the room. They asked each other if they should let her in on it, or if she would be willing to go along with it. Miss Parker was getting confused. But one comment made her blink twice and her eyes widen in shock. Sabina's words were, "Oh, Jarod just looks so yummy, so I get to be first."

Miss Parker shook her head to clear it and butted in. "Excuse me, Ladies, but what the hell are you talking about?"

"Marissa," Lara spoke slowly and calmly, "how would you like to obtain fame, fortune, and power?"

"Keep talking." Miss Parker said interested.

"Our husbands are nothing without us. WE make it happen for them. We are the reason they have the success that they have."

"How is that possible?" Miss Parker was really getting curious now.

"We'll share our secret with you if YOU'RE willing to share with us." Kara offered.

"Share what?" Miss Parker asked.

"Not what, Marissa, who. You have to share your husband." Sabina said like a vampire in need of blood.

Miss Parker smiled slowly, unsure if she heard them right, and then letout a sharp laugh. "Exactly what do you mean by `share'? " Miss Parkerasked, already knowing the answer.

"You know…." Lara said arching her eyebrows.

"You're telling me you want to sleep with MY husband? In return for?……"

"Fame, Marissa."

"And fortune."

"And power."

"And don't forget the fun! It goes both ways, you can have any of our husbands."

Miss Parker turned to look across the room at the group of men that were talking. She gave Jarod a quick smile and a wave and turned her attention back to the women. "Um, no thanks. Jarod is enough for me. "

"The way our husbands were looking at you, they wouldn't mind getting a piece of the action, if you know what I mean. But it's all up to you. If I had your Doctor, I wouldn't need a second opinion." Bonnie giggled, making Miss Parker sick to her stomach.

"This secret of yours must be something," Miss Parker said curiously," Why would you think I'd be willing?"

"You seemed like the type of woman who's willing to do anything to get what she wants. And you want it all, don't you Marissa?" Kara was sounding too hopeful.

"And Jarod is absolutely irresistible." Lara said dreamily.

"So all I have to do is convince Jarod to fool around with you four and you can guarantee his upgrade in status? How?"

"We have our ways."

"Are there any illegal dealings?"

"There are ways to get around the system." Bonnie responded.

"Think about it, Marissa. Don't you want your husband to climb this ladder of success? And you can get spoiled in the process. What wife wouldn't want that?"

"You really are all okay with this? Your husbands let you do this? THEY do this?"

"Our husbands let us do whatever we want, with whomever we want, as long as we provide them with what they need to succeed. And we don't sleep around with just ANYBODY, they have to be part of our little group. Right, ladies? And it's all by consent, no force. See, Marissa, we want you and Jarod to be part of this. Besides, this way, there's variety," Sabina explained.

"And there's no fear of them, and us, having an affair with someone we don't know," Kara added casually.

Miss Parker arched an eyebrow and thought, `Variety, my ass, more like slim pickin's.'

"And what exactly is it that you provide them with?" Miss Parker continued her interrogation.

"Secret, Marissa. Are you game or not?"

"Are you all just bored with your own husbands?"

"Well, yeah." The four women said in unison. Then they began to giggle, making Miss Parker disgusted, but still convincing them she was very interested in the offer. `These people are nuts,' she thought.

An announcement was made to begin the dinner ceremonies and everyone headed toward the tables to sit.

Lara and Sabina took Miss Parker by each arm and whispered to her, "Let's do lunch tomorrow, Marissa. We'll give you ALL the details, if you want in. We know you want everything you can possibly get out of life. Whatever it takes, right? And a little sharing among friends won't hurt anyone."

Miss Parker gave them a consenting smile, but all she wanted to do was smack their faces. Then she began to laugh inside as she thought of telling Jarod about this little arrangement. She already formulated in her head how to make them think they'll go along with it, but convincing Jarod to leave the details to her would be some feat. Jarod won't like not being in charge of a pretend. She continued to be amused, unable to wipe the smile off her face. The thought of Jarod having to go along with this is just too funny. The absurdity of it all is just too funny. But he's right, these bimbos are involved in something corrupt. Exposing them is going to be great. `Gonna be a fun one!', she mused. She reached Jarod and took him by the arm, still unable to stop smiling. Jarod eyed her suspiciously, wondering what could be so amusing. The four women batted their eyes at Jarod as they passed him to take their seats with their husbands at the head table on the stage.

"How was the hob-nobbing?" Jarod whispered in her ear, giving her a kiss on the cheek to mask his questioning.

"Enlightening," Miss Parker responded.

"What is so funny, Parker?"

Miss Parker's smile became broader and she couldn't help the small laugh that escaped through her nostrils. "I'll tell you later."

They sat at the table and pretended to care about the awards presentation. Jarod sat close to Miss Parker, putting his arm around her shoulders protectively. Miss Parker would smirk at the four ladies occasionally and instinctively draw her hand up to caress Jarod's cheek.

Miss Parker didn't hear a word that was said by the speakers. So many thoughts flooded her head. For certain, none of them are getting their claws on Jarod. She figured out how to go along with it, but she would need Sydney's and Broot's help from the Centre. She would have to confide in them about what is going on between her and Jarod. She's been giving them lame excuses about why she always ended up being alone with him and not being able to bring him back. She was sure they suspected something, but they have been good about minding their own business. Besides, she's the boss. But it's about time to level with them. She's sure they'll keep her secret. She was relieved they accepted her weak excuse this time when she sent them back to Blue Cove.
Part 3 by Rachel
DISCLAIMER IN PART 1



"The Doctor Is In"

Part 3
by Rachel





The ceremonies concluded and everyone piled out of the room. Jarod and Miss Parker waited a little bit to say good bye to the four couples. One of the men shook Jarod's hand heartily and reminded him of their talk earlier. "Think about our proposal, Jarod. You won't be disappointed." Jarod gave him a nod and a smile. Then the men turned their attention to Miss Parker and kissed her hand again. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Jamieson." Miss Parker gave them a seductive smile, ignoring the tightened grip Jarod had on her arm. "The pleasure was all mine," she said slowly, causing the men to appear hypnotized.

The ladies smiled at each other. "See you tomorrow, Marissa."

"Tomorrow it is." Miss Parker responded.

Jarod and Miss Parker got in their car and as Jarod drove off, Miss Parker rested her head on the back of the seat heavily. "Ugh. That was the longest, most uninteresting ceremony I have ever been to. Next time you have to go to one of those, remind me I have other plans." Miss Parker closed her eyes and thoughts of her conversation with the ladies put a smirk on her face again.

Jarod looked over to her and questioned her. "Are you going to let me in on the joke, Parker?"

"No. I can't. Not yet. There's still some things I have to work out."

"What's there to work out? What did you find out?" Jarod was getting somewhat annoyed at her secrecy.

Miss Parker saw the hurt on his face and touched his cheek tenderly. "I'm having lunch with the ladies tomorrow to see if I fit in with their little group. You're right, there's something deceitful about them and they're up to something. I get all the details tomorrow. They told me that their husbands are looking for a new partner. Is that what the proposal was all about?"

"Yes. They offered a very handsome package."

"What's the catch?" Miss Parker asked suspiciously, wondering if the "deal" was revealed to Jarod.

Jarod eyed her with a confused look. "What do you mean, `what's the catch' "?

Miss Parker looked at him innocently, realizing he's clueless. "Nothing."

"There's something you're not telling me, Parker."

"Tomorrow, my dear, after I get all the details."

"Details to what?"

"Whatever they are up to."

"They're just going to tell you everything?" he asked unsure.

"Well, sort of. Will you trust me on this? I will find out what's going on. Believe me, you'll get your chance to get involved in this little pretend." Miss Parker blew him a kiss. Jarod shook his head and resigned to let her have her little fun-- she seemed like she's really enjoying her position. He leaned over and gave her a kiss, letting her know he's going to let this go for now.

"I have to stop at the office for a minute. I had some information on the doctors sent to me and it didn't come before I got home. Do you mind?"

"Not at all." `Good,' she thought, `this will give me a chance to call Sydney.'

Jarod parked the car and went into the building, leaving Miss Parker to wait in the car.

"This is Sydney."

"Syd, I……"

"Miss Parker, is everything alright?" Sydney questioned her abruptly.

"Everything's fine. I have something to tell you, and I need your help."

"What is it, Miss Parker?"

Miss Parker told Sydney her involvement with Jarod and the predicament she's in. Sydeny offered the help she needed and Miss Parker went on to call Broots.

"Hello?" Broots answered the phone from his home.

"Broots, I need you to do something for me." Miss Parker said.

"Miss Parker? What's going on? Is everything alright?"

Miss Parker told Broots what's going on and told him to go to the Centre that night to get what she needs.

"Tonight? Do I have to do it tonight?" Broots questioned.

"Yes, Broots. It's very important. Got it?"

"But…but…"

"No buts…. You must have some connection with somebody there. I need you to get this to me by tomorrow morning. People's lives are at stake here, Broots."

"Miss Parker, you're asking a lot. Does Sydney know about this?"

"Yes, Sydney knows. After you do your job, go to Sydney right away and he'll do the rest. Then get it to me pronto."

"A-alright, Miss Parker. If Debbie ends up without a Dad, it's your fault."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll send you and Debbie on a nice vacation. And Broots? Thanks. Gotta go, Jarod's coming."

"You're welcome." Broots whispered after Miss Parker hung up the phone. `I can't believe what she's involved in, WHO she's involved with,' Broots thought worriedly.

Jarod got in the car and handed Miss Parker the files. "Sorry it took so long, I had to get more information on the computer from a different source. Hope you didn't get too lonely."

"Not too lonely." Miss Parker began skimming through the files, becoming engrossed in them, unaware that Jarod was staring at her amazed at her dedication to this case.

"Wow," Miss Parker commented, "these doctors have amazing success records. How did you get a hold of information like this?" When she didn't get an answer, Miss Parker looked at Jarod and smiled when she saw him grinning. Now she was more determined to perfect her part of this pretend. Obviously, this man next to her is VERY resourceful--that's why he's so good at what he does.

They entered their apartment and got ready for bed, still talking about the case.

"Why did you think that these people have anything to do with the missing children?" Miss Parker asked.

"With all the success they're having, they've sucked all the other clinics dry of patients. They're TOO successful."

"Isn't that a good thing? They're helping heal families and curing children of mental disorders."

"Yeah, but for what price? Problem is, these men have been thoroughly investigated, but nothing. Their records are clean."

Miss Parker's eyes widened as if a light bulb just went on in her head. "The men have been investigated, but their wives have not. Is that why you felt they are the key to this case?"

"It's just a feeling. But I did talk to the families of the children that disappeared and all of them have had the *privilege* of meeting these women."

"What do you mean?"

"At one point, each of these women showed generosity to the families. They are the only connection I have found. The children that disappeared are from all different walks of life--no similar traits, no behavioral patterns--some have mental problems, some are perfectly normal, some are slow learners, some are sharp."

"How many have disappeared?"

"Ten in the last one and a half years--just the time the doctors were making some breakthroughs with their patients. Barbara's kids are the most recent disappearances."

Miss Parker noticed the sadness in Jarod's eyes. She knows how this is affecting him. They laid on the bed, Jarod staring up to the ceiling. Miss Parker snuggled close to him and studied his profile.

"You're still upset with me, aren't you?" she asked.

"Why would I be upset with you?"

"Because you I'm not telling you everything I know…..yet." She had to throw in that last part so not to implicate her too much.

Jarod turned his head to look at her and saw her playfulness. "Do you know how much I love you, Parker?"

"I have an idea," she smiled.

"These cases can be dangerous….."

"Don't worry about me. I can take those snobs. Besides, I have a strong (running her hand up his shoulder), handsome (stroking his face with her palm) man who watches over me (kissing him on the lips). And did I mention he loves me and will do anything to protect me?"

"Do you always get your way, Parker?"

"It's because I'm goooood….." Jarod pulled her to him and kissed her deeply.


THE NEXT MORNING

Miss Parker woke up alone on the bed. She groaned a little and sat up. She took in a deep breath and her senses were assaulted with the most wonderful smell--coffee. The smell of waffles was also in the air but it's secondary to the aroma of the coffee. She put on her robe and strode lazily toward the kitchen where Jarod was busily preparing breakfast. He was already dressed for work. Jarod sensed her presence and greeted her without turning around, "Mornin' Sunshine."

Miss Parker wrapped her arms around his waist tightly from behind and rested her head on his back. She closed her eyes and savored the closeness. "Mmmmm….I could wake up like this every morning," she said with pleasure in her voice.

Jarod smiled. "With me in your arms?" he asked.

"No. With you making me breakfast." She kissed him on the back of the neck before letting go and then sat down at the table.

They ate breakfast and when Miss Parker was about to finish her last sip of coffee, the doorbell rang. Miss Parker hurriedly put her cup down and ran to the door. "It's for me," she explained.

Jarod looked at her with narrowed eyes and proceeded to follow her to the door. Miss Parker took the package from the delivery boy and pushed passed Jarod. "Pay the guy, will you, Jarod?" Jarod took some money from his wallet and tipped the boy and when he turned around, Parker was shutting the door of the bedroom. When Jarod checked the door, it was locked. "Parker? What's going on?" Jarod asked, banging on the door. Miss Parker opened the door slowly and smiled at Jarod sheepishly. "Will you trust me?" She pleaded, "It would really mean a lot to me. I'm coming to your office later this afternoon and tell you EVERYTHING. I promise."

Jarod sighed and kissed her on the cheek. "I'll see YOU later." And he left. Miss Parker got ready for the day, her heart racing. She looks like a little girl excited about a long-awaited field trip. Her plans are coming into place. What's left now is to convince the ladies she and Jarod are willing to participate in their little dealing AND to tell Jarod. That last part is going to be tricky. But she's good. Jarod might be a genius, but he's putty in her hands--just like she is in his.
Part 4 by Rachel
AUTHOR'S NOTE: I hope I'm not dragging this story too much. Please tell me what you think. An author without feedback STARVES! DISCLAIMER IN PART 1



"The Doctor Is In"

Part 4
by Rachel




Miss Parker entered the high society restaurant and strode toward the table where the ladies were sitting. Miss Parker fit right in--she was stylish, beautiful, and self-confident.

"Marissa!" Sabina exclaimed, "I am SO glad you came!"

"Ladies," Miss Parker said cooly as she sat.

The women looked Miss Parker over and approved of her. "You are so perfect for this group, Marissa. You definitely fit right in."

"So?" Sabina asked excitedly, "what did your handsome husband say about our little arrangement?"

"He definitely like the success part. And he was quite flattered you wanted him. As a matter of fact, he was a little too excited, much to my dislike. But I guess a little distraction might do us some good." Miss Parker tried her hardest to look dismayed. She was good--so good that the women gave her sympathetic looks mixed with looks of ecstacy at the thought of having Jarod.

"Do I sense a little trouble in paradise?" Kara questioned. "You two looked so much in love at the banquet. Really, I have never seen any other couple so attracted to each other."

"What can I say?" Miss Parker responded. "We can pretend when we have to. Sure, Jarod and I love each other, but he’s been working a lot and you could say our time together in the bedroom lacks ‘sparks’".

"Well, Marissa, maybe WE can help put the spark back into your sex life," Sabina crooned. "I, for one, am a very energetic and exciting lover. Maybe I can figure out what Jarod needs and I can teach it to you." The women began to giggle and Miss Parker wanted to hurl. ‘I hate these people,’ she thought.

"Yeah, you’re energetic alright." Bonnie was struggling to contain herself from laughing.

Lara and Kara started holding their breath so not to laugh out loud, making muted snickering sounds.

Sabina looked a little embarrassed, but not enough to stop her from gloating about her love-making trait.

"What’s so funny?" Miss Parker asked smiling, joining in their amusement.

"Our dear Sabina here," Bonnie explained, "is very ‘vocal’ when she’s having sex."

"What do you mean by vocal?" Miss Parker was confused.

"We call her the jungle queen……." Lara said.

"Lots of loud ooh’s and aah’s, and the Tarzan yell!" Kara finished.

"Did your husbands tell you about her savage ways?" Miss Parker asked, giving the giggle thing a shot and hating it.

"They don’t have to tell us. Sometimes we listen in." Lara whispered.

"Oooh, you ladies are so wicked!" Miss Parker said, pretending to be amused. ‘I really would like to inflict bodily harm to these morons,’ she thought morbidly.

The women ate their lunch and talked about more nonsense. Miss Parker decided to get this conversation going so not to stay in their presence too much longer."So? What is your secret to this amazing, wonderful lifestyle you all have?

Bonnie got serious suddenly. "Okay, first of all, we have to make sure you’re willing to be committed in joining our little group. So tonight, Sabina gets to be queen of the jungle with your husband." Miss Parker looked over to Sabina, whose eyes were wide with delight and she was clapping like a seal in heat.

"Pick a time and place, Marissa. If your Jarod is worth it, which I’m sure he is, you are in for a very profitable future. Then tomorrow, we’ll take you on a little field trip and show you the secret operation. You will absolutely be impressed with our genius little project."

"Can you at least give me a hint?" Miss Parker pursued.

"Let’s just say, we’re ‘experimenting’".

"You really have my interest peaked," Miss Parker commented.

"Well, it’s like this….."Kara began.

Bonnie gave Kara a look and she shut her mouth quickly.

"We’ve said enough already," Bonnie warned.

"But you haven’t told me anything." Miss Parker insisted.

"Be patient, Marissa. How about a time and place for tonight?"

"I’ll reserve the Honeymoon Suite at the Royal Motel. Eight o’clock."

"Well, then, you’d better get things ready. Everything depends on Sabina’s experience. You better make sure it’s perfect."

Miss Parker was taken back by Bonnie’s sudden change of attitude, but Miss Parker played along and pretended to be at their mercy, making sure they think she’s willing to do anything to fit in and be part of them--even if it means obeying them in their little sick game. Bonnie gave her a sickening sweet smile as Miss Parker stood to leave their company. Miss Parker turned to Sabina and addressed her, "Jarod will be waiting." Sabina’s eyes gleamed again and the anticipation on her face made Miss Parker wished she could use her 9mm on the bimbo.

When Miss Parker exited the restaurant, Lara turned to Bonnie and asked her in a hushed voice, "I really like her. Are you sure you want to do this to her?"

"We’re getting a little sloppy with the children. We need someone to take the heat if anything goes wrong. She’s the perfect sucker."

"I don’t know."

"Quit worrying. She’s a wimp. And did you see how her face lit up at the thought of getting rich? She’ll do anything. Come on, she’s willing to ‘share’ her husband."

"Yeah, " Sabina said dreamily, "he’s sooooo handsome and sooooo desireable."

"I guess that’s a plus. Can’t wait for my turn!" Then they laughed and teased and joked about how smart and cunning they are.

*****

Miss Parker walked through the door of the Clinic and stood in front of the reception desk impatiently. The young receptionist was on the phone and had her back to Miss Parker. The girl was laughing and talking, obviously engaged in a personal conversation. Miss Parker slapped the top of the counter and cleared her throat.

The girl behind the desk jolted and abruptly turned around, wide-eyed with apology and shame for being caught. "Gotta go. Bye" and she quickly hung up the phone. "Can I help you?"

"I have an appointment with Dr. Jamieson."

The girl looked through the appointment book and found her name. "Yes. Are you Miss Parker?" Miss Parker nodded.

"Please fill out these forms and take them to Room 108 with your payment before you see the Doctor. Dr. Jamieson is in room 165, down the hall."

Miss Parker handed the girl an envelope with cash. "Here’s my payment for the hour of the Doctor’s time. YOU take it to Room 108 and I’ll let Dr. Jamieson handle the paperwork."

The girl didn’t know what to do. This was not policy, but she knew that there’s no argument could be won with the tall, domineering, intimidating woman in front of her. She shrugged her shoulders and announced Miss Parker’s arrival. "Dr. Jamieson?"

"Yes, Sheila?" Jarod’s voice came over the speaker. Miss Parker still gets a chill up her spine at the sound of his voice.

"A Miss Parker is here to see you."

"Send her down. I’m expecting her. And Sheila? Can you please make sure we’re not disturbed?"

"Yes, Dr. Jamieson." Miss Parker noticed the disappointed look on the girl’s face and smiled at the thought of Jarod charming another one. Poor girl.

Miss Parker opened the door slowly, stood in the doorway and breathe out, "Hello, Doctor." Jarod put the papers he was studying on the desk and turned around to face her. He leaned on the edge o the desk and watched her glide across the room, her every move inviting and well choreographed. All this time they’d been together, he still gets intoxicated at the sight of her.

"Hello, Miss Parker, what can I do for you today?" Jarod tried to sound professional, but failing. If he wasn’t working, he’d take her right then and there. Miss Parker sensed his desire and played along. She stood in front of him, just out of his reach and gave him a pouty look. "I hope you can help me, Doctor. I think I’m going crazy."

"Oh?"

"Yes, I’m absolutely crazy in love with a wonderful man. What should I do, Doctor?"

"Hmmmm…" Jarod considered a diagnosis. "In your state, Miss Parker, I think you should kiss him."

"Kiss him? You’ll have to show me how intensely."

Jarod grabbed her by the waist and kissed her deeply and passionately.

"What else, Doctor?" Miss Parker managed to ask breathlessly.

"You can definitely use your body to your advantage."

"What if I do this?" Miss Parker molded her body onto Jarod’s, wrapping her leg around the back of his leg, grinding against his form, causing Jarod to moan in pleasure. Miss Parker then brushed her lips against his lips and mouthed, "I love you."

Jarod held her tightly, lovingly, securely, and they hugged each other for a few minutes.

Miss Parker pulled back and smiled. "Sorry to tell you, Doctor, but you didn’t help my condition at all."

"I’m not actually a Doctor." Jarod said slyly.

"Really."

"Really. Now, my dear, how was lunch?" Jarod asked.

Miss Parker distanced herself from Jarod’s embrace. "It was interesting. You get a chance to get involved, I mean, really involved in this little pretend."

"How so?"

"You have an appointment tonight with Dr. Strand’s wife, Sabina."

"What kind of appointment?"

Miss Parker paused a few moments and told Jarod in a tone quieter than usual, "You have to go to bed with her."

Jarod stood up completely and paced the room. Then he started laughing. "For a minute there I thought you said I had to go to bed with her."

Miss Parker joined in his laughter. "I did!"

‘"HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!" Jarod said loudly in disbelief and scorn.

"That was the deal. I share you, they share their secrets. But you won’t actually sleep with her, just pretend."

"How am I supposed to pull that off? And don’t tell me I’m the genius, so figure it out."

"Nope, I have it all worked out." Miss Parker reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out a vial of liquid and held it up for Jarod to see. "With this."

"What is that?"

"It’s something that will ‘deaden’ her consciousness, but heighten her sexual senses--depending on what she feels and hears."

"And where the hell did you get that?"

"From hell itself, " Miss Parker said cockily. "Broots stole from the Centre labs and Sydney concocted it for me. All you have to do is slip it in her drink and….."

Jarod shook his head in disbelief. "So you want me to knock her out before I knock her up?" That comment received a shocked look from Miss Parker. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. A phrase like that could not have came out of his mouth. Jarod was little surprised himself at what he said and grinned at Miss Parker’s reaction.

"No!" Miss Parker interjected, "I’ll make sure we do it right."

"We?"

"Yeah, I’ll be in the room after she’s knocked out."

"Kinda kinky, don’t you think?" Jarod teased. At this point he figured out what she was up to. He still doesn’t like it, but there’s no backing out now--especially if Parker has her way, which she will.

"Will you get over the sex part?! You are NOT touching her. Will you just go along with this?"

"Fine." Jarod conceded. "You know, I could have obtained the drug for you. You didn’t have to involve Mr. Broots and Sydney."

"I know that you probably could have cooked up something on the kitchen counter, but I wanted to know I can do this myself, that I can be as resourceful as you. Besides, Broots and Syd are suspicious about us anyway, so I just put their suspicions to rest."

"This better work, Parker."

"Trussst me." Miss Parker grinned evily." Ssssshe won't know what hit herrrr. She’ll wake up and think she was royalty--crowned queen, to be exact. She is going to be ssssoooo captivated by you, it will make her head spin--literally."

"You’re hissing like a cobra, Parker."

"Just call me Sly. This will convince them we want to get involved in their little scheme."

"One problem," Jarod said calmly.

"What?"

"Before the drug goes into effect, what am supposed to do about foreplay? From what I’ve noticed, and yes, I DID notice, she doesn’t seem like the calm, tame, timid type."

"Play along…….just don’t have too much fun. Pretend you’re a gigolo or something."

Jarod’s expression fell and he glared at her.

"Ooops, " Miss Parker cowered. Then she slithered up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I forgot. You’ve been there, done that. And from what you’ve told me, you sucked at it." Miss Parker’s playfulness has melted Jarod. He never could resist her.

"I did NOT suck at it. Those lonely women just needed someone to talk to and someone to open their eyes to the truth of their feelings. The pay was definitely worth it."

Miss Parker kissed him lightly on the lips. "Will you be my little gigolo?" she cooed, "The pay is minimal…..but so is the talking."

Jarod gave her a quick kiss and got back to the business at hand, much to Miss Parker’s disappointment. "What else did you find out?"

"Kara said, they’re ‘experimenting’, whatever that means, but hey wouldn’t expand on it. If you’re worth it, they’re taking me on a trip tomorrow to view their little operation. So you’d better be good tonight."

"How good should I be?"

"Why don’ you come home early and we can practice." Miss Parker gave Jarod another kiss and headed out the door. "Gotta go, lover boy. I have some preparations to do. I’ll see you later."

"Hey!" Jarod called out to her, "I’m still not too happy about this."

"I’d be worried if you were." She said non-chalantly and shut the door behind her, leaving Jarod shaking his head.
Part 5 by Rachel
Author's note: Thank you to those who gave me feedback. I really appreciate it. Please, please, let me know what you think on this part, too. I wanted to throw in the part with Broots and Sydney cause I didn't want to leave them out. Sorry if you think it didn't really fit with the story. Anyway, I'm just having a little fun with the characters--don't take them seriously--I sure don't!



"The Doctor Is In"
Part 5
by Rachel




AT THE CENTRE

Broots walked into Sydney's office and plopped on the chair, heaving a big sigh, a worried look on his face.

"Something bothering you, Broots?" Sydney asked concerned.

"Yeah. It's Miss Parker. You and I have talked about our suspicions about her and you know who, but to actually know about it. Syd, if the Centre ever finds our and if they find out WE know…." Broots shivered at the thought of facing another T-Board.

"She'll be fine." Sydney reassured Broots.

"It's me I'm worried about--especially when she has me stealing from this place."

"What you did was very brave, Broots. You pulled through for her."

Mr. Lyle walked through the door, angry with anticipation. "Where is Parker?" he barked. "She's been gone for days."

"Sh-she's tracking Jarod."

"Why aren't you with her?"

"She said we would just get in the way. This way, she can be less conspicuous," Sydney explained.

Mr. Lyle got close to Broots' face and stared him down. "You wouldn't lie to me, would you?"

Broots shook his head nervously. Lyle walked away and studied Broots and Sydney back and forth. "She'ss been disappearing quite a bit lately. Shouldn't happen to be `seeing' anyone, would she?" Lyle asked suspiciously.

"No one outside the Centre, Mr. Lyle. I know that for a fact." Somehow Broots mustered up some confidence. Sydney got nervous, but he didn't show it too much.

"And WHY are you so sure?" Lyle asked. Sydney looked at Broots, curious to know how he was going to handle this one.

"Well, " Broots smiled mischievously, "Miss Parker and I are getting really close, if you know what I mean."

"No. I. Don't" Lyle said slowly and disbelieving.

"It's like this," Broots put an arm around Mr. Lyle's shoulders but quickly removed it when Lyle gave him a `Don't Touch Me' look. "Miss Parker has realized that I am her only true friend and that she wouldn't have to keep secrets about her line of work. We work very closely together and have the same goal to bring Jarod back. You could say we are soul mates." Sydney tried to give support but he was struggling to keep from cracking a smile. He worried for Broots, but was somewhat impressed he was lying to Lyle's face.

Lyle smiled a condescending smile. "You mean to tell me that YOU and Parker are?????"

"Why is that so hard to believe?" Broots asked defensively.

"Because you're just a….." Lyle couldn't think of an appropriate word.

"A what? A computer geek? Well this geek happened to have captured the heart of YOUR sister. Who knows, you might have to call me brother."

"Enough of this nonsense!" Lyle demanded.

"You don't believe me? I'll prove it to you." Both Sydney and Lyle looked at him curiously. Broots leaned over on Sydney's desk and dialed a number, putting the call on the speaker. Sydney shot him a `what are you doing' look.

"What?!" Miss Parker answered.

"Parker? Honey? How are you?" Broots asked.

"Broots!! What………."

"Before you say anything else, Mr. Lyle here was wondering when you were coming back."

"Hello, Miss Parker," Sydney called out to let her know she was on the speaker phone.

"Anyway, Lyle here thinks you might be seeing someone so I had to tell him the truth about us. So? How is the tracking of Jarod going?"

"Oh Brootsie," Miss Parker's voice softened. "That bastard Jarod slipped away from my fingers again. I was so close. But I'm on his tail. I know where he is and he's clueless that I'm on to him. I'll be here for another three or four days. I miss you, my Brootsie Wootsie."

"I miss you, too. Do you need any help?"

"No. Looks like the Lab Rat has acquired a girlfriend. I'm going to use her to trap him--torture her if I have to. I have to go. I think I spot her alone. Talk to you soon, Baby." Miss Parker hung up. She was so sweet, Broots beamed with pride, giving Lyle a look that said, `I told you so.'

Lyle shook his head and glared at Broots. "I am NOT calling you brother," he threatened and walked out of the room.

After Lyle left, Broots and Sydney laughed, Sydney giving Broots a pat on the back. Then Broots started to laugh nervously. "What do you think she'll do to me, Syd?"

"She's either going to be grateful to you, or she going to hurt you."

"Thanks a lot, Sydney." Broots sighed.

When Miss Parker hung up the phone, her first thought was to hurt Broots. She thought about it more and then she began to laugh. "Well, well, Broots, you're not as dumb as you look. You just bought me the perfect cover."

*****

AT THE ROYAL HOTEL
HONEYMOON SUITE


Jarod sat on the bed while Miss Parker scampered around the room making sure everything was perfect.

"Alright, " she said, "the drug will take effect in…"

"I know, 5-7 minutes."

"I'll be in the bathroom listening. Don't do anything that will make me hurt you later." She pointed a finger at Jarod. Jarod grabbed her and kissed her.

"Keep that thought ONLY for me," she smiled.

"I'll have to be convincing so when I seduce her, I'll just pretend it's you."

Miss Parker narrowed her eyes and stared at Jarod."Oh no, you don't," she warned, "there will be NO seducing for you."

"But.." Jarod protested.

"No buts. You won't need to anyway. She'll be sickening enough on her own."

The knock on the door startled both of them out of their loving embrace. Miss Parker pointed to the bathroom and gave Jarod a warning look. Jarod waved her off to leave. Jarod opened the door and was greeted with Sabina seductively looking at him. "Hello, Doctor."

"Hello, Mrs. Strand. Come in."

Sabina waltzed into the room and looked around approvingly. "Please call me Sabina."

"And please call me Jarod."

"Okay, Jarod. What's Marissa up to tonight?"

"She's out shopping, spending all my money."

"I'm not the type to beat around the bush, so let's get down to business," Sabina said determined.

"I thought this was a pleasure visit, not business," Jarod said smiling. This has got to be one of the hardest pretends he's ever done.

"Ooooh, since you put it that way…" Sabina stood in front of Jarod and began to slowly undo her coat. She opened her covering and pushed it off of her shoulders slowly to reveal she's only wearing a skimpy, leopard-print, bra and underwear."

"See anything you like, Jarod?"

Jarod looked her up and down and began to breath irregularly, causing Sabina to smirk in delight. Jarod became uneasy but couldn't give away his discomfort. He continued to pretend to be aroused and seduced. He had to admit, she looked good. Then he kicked himself for thinking. He felt ashamed for even looking. `Think of Parker. Think of Parker. No. Don't think of Parker.'

"You're a very beautiful woman, Sabina."

"I have something for you." She reached into her coat pocket and handed a box to Jarod. "I want you to put this on, " she purred.

Jarod took the box, thinking it's some kind of sex apparatus. He opened it and pulled out a leopard-print speedo. He arched his eyebrow and grinned at Sabina. She stood there, licking her lips, wide eyed with pleasure.

Jarod went over to the table with the champagne and poured Sabina a drink. "Why don't you relax and I'll put this on in the bathroom. And when I come back, we can play `Doctor'.

Sabina took the glass and hurried to the bed, jumping on it and crouching on her hand and knees, she gave Jarod a purring growl. "Let's not play doctor, let's play jungle games." She took another sip of the bubbly and growled again.

Jarod walked toward the bathroom, fighting the urge to run--actually, run away. He walked in then turned on the sink faucet. Miss Parker sat on the closed commode chuckling softly. Jarod glared at her and held up the speedo. Miss Parker almost fell off the toilet seat trying not to laugh out loud. Jarod couldn't help but smile at her infectious amusement. "You are enjoying this!" Jarod mouthed at her. "Why didn't you warn me she's an animal?"

"And spoil all your fun?" she responded coyly.

Jarod changed into the underwear and put a robe on. Before turning off the water, he took three deep breaths, straightened up his shoulders, and walked out of the bathroom.

Jarod walked casually toward Sabina and stood at the foot of the bed. She crawled up to him like a lion ready to pounce and kneeled in front of him. She untied his robe excitedly and hurriedly, like a kid unwrapping a present, no, like a hyena devouring a carcass. She ripped the robe off of his body and gasped at the sight of his muscular, gorgeous form. She ran her hands up his arms to his shoulders, making monkey noises, growling, and shrieking in delight. Then she licked his neck, from the base of his throat to the tip of his chin. Jarod was having trouble breathing. If Parker found out he was actually getting a little aroused (just a little), she would shoot him. `Think of Parker. Think of Parker. No. Don't think of Parker.'

Sabina continued to kiss Jarod on the neck and chest, pulling him down on top of her.

"Are you ready to go wild?" Jarod asked invitingly.

"Aaaawoooooo!!!" she howled. "Oooh, Jungle Love!!"

Jarod began kissing her on the neck and worked his way down to her chest.

Miss Parker peeked through the crack of the door and clenched her fists. `I hate that woman,' she sneered.

Jarod continued to kiss Sabina's skin, noticing that she has stopped making noise. "Sabina?" he asked against her flesh. "Saaa…bii….naaaa," he sang. When she didn't respond, he motioned for Miss Parker to get in the room, but he didn't stop kissing her upper body.

Miss Parker rested her elbows on the bed, her face close to Sabina's ear, and made groaning and moaning sounds while Jarod caressed Sabina's arms, legs, stomach, and face. Miss Parker did NOT like to see him do that so she pushed him off of Sabina and SHE straddled her, still not missing a beat in her ooh's and aah's. Miss Parker then resumed what Jarod was doing. She looked at Sabina's breasts and decided, `What the hell….' and she put her hands them, massaging them tenderly, yet firmly. Miss Parker made a disgusted face, but continued her ministrations, feeling Sabina tensing up a little. Jarod tapped Miss Parker on the shoulder and held out his lightly cupped hands, pointing to himself then to Sabina's breasts, offering his assistance. Miss Parker slapped his hands annoyingly and pushed him off the bed.

Miss Parker continued to work on Sabina, touching her everywhere, bouncing the bed, making loud grunting sounds, intensifying, and finally she let out a Tarzan yell. Jarod looked at her shocked and surprised. Miss Parker ignored him. She then started to pull off Sabina's underwear but stopped when she realized Jarod was looking. She immediately looked toward him and ordered him to turn around. Jarod gave her a pouty expression and asked why he can't watch. If looks could really kill, Jarod would have keeled over dead. So he turned around, ready to burst out laughing.

Miss Parker got Sabina under the covers and talked in her ears, giving her suggestive ideas about the evening with Jarod. Then she went around the bed to stand in front of Jarod. Jarod grabbed her by the waist and held her close to him, whispering in her ear, "Will you do that yell for me later?"

Miss Parker smiled and directed Jarod to lay on the bed with Sabina. Jarod got under the covers and scooped Sabina into his arms, her head resting on his chest. He snuggled her closely, making facial expressions that he was enjoying himself, knowing that Miss Parker was fuming. He turned his head to look at her and she stuck her tongue out at him before going back to the bathroom to wait for Sabina to wake up and leave.

****

THE NEXT MORNING

Miss Parker got in the car where the 4 women were waiting. They were all smiling--must be having a really good morning.

"You all look like you're in a good mood." Miss Parker said lightly.

"Tell her, Sabina!"

"Oooooh, Marissa, Jarod was soooooo amazing. Did he say anything about me?!"

"We really didn't talk about it." Miss Parker tried to look downcast, lacing her voice with jealousy.

"Come on, Marissa, what did he say?" Sabina insisted.

"Okay, he said I should learn a thing or two from you."

"See? That spark might come back after all!" Sabina said happily. Miss Parker wanted to deck her.

"Tell her how it was!!" Kara said excitedly.

"I climaxed so intensely, I think I passed out. That has never happened to me before. Your husband is something else. I can't wait for my turn again!!" Sabina was definitely eager to share her experiences. Miss Parker tried to look interested, hoping to learn a thing or two. Yeah right. `I'll make you pass out, you slut,' she thought, `I'll just wrap my little fingers around your neck and squeeze.'

Bonnie looked back at Miss Parker and smiled. "Looks like you and Jarod have earned our trust. You deserve to know our plan. In a few minutes, we'll reach our destination. Welcome to the group, Marissa." Miss Parker smiled and joined in their cheerfulness, "Oh, thank you so much!"

"One question, Marissa. How do you feel about children?" Lara asked. Miss Parker noticed the hate in her voice when she mentioned `children'.

"I don't care for them at all. Jarod and I will NEVER have kids." Miss Parker said with spite.

"Us, too!! We can't even imagine taking care of brats. We take care of ourselves, that's enough. We don't even have pets."

They reached an old abandoned warehouse, just outside of town, and Bonnie pulled into a garage that concealed the car. They got out of the car and all grimaced at the sight and smell of the place. They stood in front of an elevator that looked like it's out of order. Bonnie took the panel cover off to reveal a high tech security system. She reached into her pocket and cursed. "Damn! I forgot my code numbers! Do any of you have yours?"

"I do!" Kara offered and she took a small black box out of her purse. She took out a small metal strip and placed it close to the number panel. She started punching in the numbers, calling each one out loud.

"Ahem!" Bonnie cleared her throat. Kara turned around and Bonnie was darting her eyes toward Miss Parker. Obviously, they don't want her to hear the entrance code. Kara threw up her arms and exasperatedly cleared the numbers. "What? Like she's going to remember 12 numbers! Now I have to start over!"

"You're right," Bonnie resigned. She turned to Miss Parker and apologized. "Sorry, Marissa, this is still a very delicate matter. You understand, don't you? You understand why we are still somewhat reluctant?"

"Of course I do." Miss Parker said sweetly and convincingly. Bonnie was pleased.

"Okay, " Kara shushed everyone, "let me get this done." She called out each number as she punched it on the panel. It's a good thing they think Miss Parker is as ditsy as they are.

The door to the elevator opened and the ladies piled in. Lara pushed a button and the elevator descended. After a few moments, the door opened again and the ladies walked out to a brightly lit room.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Sabina asked Miss Parker. "Walking into a dirty old warehouse, which is actually a front for our laboratory."

"Very ingenious." Miss Parker said impressed. "So when does Jarod get to see this place?"

"Oh, he never will. None of the men have ever been here. They stay out to keep their records clean. We run everything."

"What exactly is it that you do here?"

"We'll show you." They led Miss Parker to a viewing room and when they opened the curtains, Miss Parker couldn't help the sharp intake of breath that escaped her mouth. "Wow," she tried to cover her shock, "that's quite a set up." She tried hard to pretend she was impressed with what's going on, but her heart was racing and her palms were beginning to sweat. `How could they do this?!' her mind screamed.
Part 6 by Rachel
DISCLAIMER IN PART 1
Author’s note: I’m really not very good at writing details, so I hope this didn’t fly too quickly that I missed some stuff. I also suck at writing angst, so I hope no one minded I kept it light, even with the severity of the subject. Please let me know what you think.



"The Doctor Is In"
Part 6
by Rachel




Miss Parker walked into the apartment and shut the door quickly. She leaned against the door and finally the tears of frustration, anger, and compassion came. For a minute the flood of emotions that came over her paralyzed her.

"AAAAGGGGHH!!!" she let out. After a few moments absorbing the echo that rang through the room, she relaxed a little. "Okay, that felt good," she sighed.

Then her mind went on a rampage again and she was bombarded with ideas of revenge, escape, rescue, revenge, ways to inflict harm to a certain group of women and their husbands, ways of exposing their rotten ways, revenge, revenge! "Stop! Parker!" she screamed at herself. "Calm down, breathe, calm down," she tried to calm herself. When her heartbeat returned to a somewhat normal rate, she picked up her phone to talk to the one person who can bring her back to sanity, but who also shares her passion.

"This is Dr. Jamieson," Jarod’s reply came on the phone.

"Hi Jarod. Is there a chance you can come home now?"

"What’s wrong, Parker?" Jarod asked worried.

"I’ve seen them," Miss Parker said sadly.

"Seen who?"

"The children. I’ve seen the missing children. Jarod, I know where they are."

"I’ll be right home."

Jarod hurried home and when he got to the apartment, he found Miss Parker sitting on the couch, her legs tucked beneath her, fury (possibly rage) evident on her face. Jarod rushed to her side and hugged her tightly. After releasing the breath she didn’t know she was holding, she melted into his embrace, releasing the anger, but replacing it with determination. She pulled away abruptly and held Jarod by the shoulders firmly. "We have work to do," she said, ready to stand up, but Jarod held her down.

"Parker, what did you see?" Jarod asked softly.

"It was awful. Some of the children were hooked up to a ton of electrodes, some were in cages like animals, some were strapped to a chair. Jarod, they were being used as guinea pigs! Experimented on! Treated with cruelty! The fear and hopelessness in their eyes were unbearable. I wanted so badly to take them away from there. And I wanted so badly to cause pain to those who hurt them. I could have done it," Miss Parker began to talk through clenched teeth, "I could have knocked them all out with one swift move." Her blood was beginning to boil. There was no mistaking, the woman is ticked--and that’s putting it mildly.

"Calm down, Parker, you’ll get your chance. How can they just admit to kidnapping and illegal experimentation?"

"They made up some bull about the families volunteering their children for the ‘tests’. They tried to convince me the tests were safe and harmless. My God, those children were in pain! The children saw me and they pleaded for my help. I had to pretend I didn’t care!"

"How do the husbands fit in all of this?"

"They reap the harvest. The children are induced with some kind of mental illness and then they create a drug to cure it. When the drug is perfected, it’s sent off to the quacks and that’s what they use--some medical breakthroughs, huh?"

"You’re amazing, Parker." Jarod smiled at her. Miss Parker looked at him bewilderedly.

"You picked all this up in one visit?" Jarod asked impressed.

"I was nosy alright, yet still remained air-head." Miss Parker responded, with an expression on her face that looks like a breeze is passing between her ears.

"Were all the children there?" Jarod asked, becoming serious again.

"Only eight. They said the two 3-year olds were sent home."

"There were no reports of any of the children being found."

"I know," Miss Parker had a faraway look as if her mind was straining to recall something. "Where are those credit card statements that we were looking at the other day?" she asked urgently. Jarod got up and went over to the desk and retrieved the papers. "Here. What are you looking for?"

"So glad you’re so sneaky and resourceful," Miss Parker mumbled as she skimmed through the sheets.

Jarod tried to be patient, wanting to help, but Miss Parker was caught up in her own world.

"Damn, these women spend a lot of money."

"Parker!!" Jarod couldn’t hold in his curiosity any longer.

"Here! Right there!" Miss Parker pointed to a couple of line items. Jarod stared at it blankly.

"Madison Funeral Home--pet cremation," he read. "So they had a couple of pets cremated."

"They don’t HAVE pets." Miss Parker said through gritted teeth.

Jarod closed his eyes, the muscles on his neck tightening. Miss Parker took hold of his hands and gripped them tightly. "We have to make them pay," she said.

Jarod opened his eyes and stared into Miss Parker’s. In moments, he was joining her in her conniving, mischievous, sly grin. "And pay they will," he grinned back.

Jarod got up from the couch and set up his computer on the table.

"What should we do?" Miss Parker asked, her voice almost giddy. "Tar and feather them?" Jarod continued to work, clicking away at the computer, ignoring her crazy idea. "How about we drug them and leave them naked in a truck full of pigs en route to Pigville, USA?" That received a glare from Jarod. Miss Parker just smiled evily.

"No, Parker," Jarod said calmly.

"How about we tar and feather them and THEN put them in a truck full of chickens to a slaughter house!?" Jarod just shook his head no.

"You are no fun, Jarod," she whined, resting her chin on his shoulder as he typed away. "What’s your brilliant idea, then? I know you have one cause you haven’t been able to wipe that smirk off your face."

"What would be the most damaging thing we could do to them? Besides sending them off to jail--which they will." Jarod half-asked and half-stated.

"Mess with their looks and with their checkbooks." Miss Parker responded.

"Exactly."

"So what are you doing?" Miss Parker asked in sing-song way.

"I’m messing with their checkbooks." Jarod said.

"Then I get to mess with their looks! Oh goody. I know exactly what to do to make them squirm."

"Nothing crazy, Parker." Jarod warned lightly.

"Me? Crazy? Seriously, now, Jarod, we will get the children out tonight, right?"

"We can’t just yet. We need evidence. Were there any surveillance cameras in the place?"

"None. They said any physical evidence is risky."

"Then you need to get back there and get them on tape, both audio and video. We’ll go in there tonight so I can tap into their computer data base. I’m sure they log everything in their system. What kind of security system do they have?"

"Kara punched in 12 numbers and we went in."

"Twelve numbers? Hmmm. That may be tricky. Cracking that code would require some sophisticated equipment. This would definitely delay getting those kids out of there."

"We won’t need any code-cracking equipment. You just need me."

Jarod turned his head from the computer and waited for an explanation. Miss Parker came around the chair and straddled him, resting her arms on his shoulders. "You see, your sophisticated wife has the code right here," she bragged, tapping her temple.

"I’m impressed." Jarod kissed her long and passionately but broke it off sooner than Miss Parker desired. "Now, let me get some work done," he said, helping Miss Parker off his lap.

"Party pooper," she grumbled as she reluctantly slid off of him. "How exactly are you hurting them financially?"

"I’m maxing out all their credit cards and liquidating all their assets."

"You can do that?"

"A little click her and a little click there……."

"What are you going to do with all that money?"

"I’m transferring it to the bank accounts of the families whose children were stolen."

"Ooooooh, You are sneaky," Miss Parker complimented.

"The ladies will go to jail, but I fear the Doctors will be able to plead ignorant and get acquitted. They are as guilty, and if they won’t serve time, they might as well be penniless."

"I better call Bonnie and set up another trip tomorrow."

******************

THE NEXT DAY

Miss Parker got in the car where the four ladies were waiting. They weren’t as cheery as the morning before.

"Good Morning, Ladies!" Miss Parker chirped, placing a bag at her feet. "What’s wrong? You all look a little nervous."

"Marissa, " Bonnie began grimly, "you said you know about the children. What exactly is it that you know?"

"I know how you REALLY got the children." Miss Parker said cryptically.

"We told you their families volunteered them," Lara said nervously.

"Right. I can understand why you won’t trust me completely. This is not exactly on the up and up. But you’re worried about nothing!" Miss Parker explained happily. "I wanted to let you know that I’m ready to do my part. I’m ready to replace those two that were ‘sent home’, as you put it. What do you say? I can get the kids for us, just tell me how it’s done--you ARE the experts. I am REALLY loving the thought of being completely part of this group."

The women’s eyes widened in pleasure. The perfect scapegoat has been hooked, they thought.

"Oh, Marissa! We are so excited to have you part of us!" Sabina exclaimed. "So, you know that the children aren’t exactly here on their own will. You’re fine with that?"

"If that’s what it takes. Tell me all about it." Miss Parker said, her eyes gleaming with interest.

The ladies began spewing secrets about their operation.

They arrived at the warehouse and Miss Parker continued to view the surroundings with her hidden camera and microphone while Jarod followed undetected in his car.

Miss Parker made sure that she got the faces of each child in camera view. It was hard at times not to wince when the women abused the children, slapping them and poking them with a stick. But she got it all on tape. Miss Parker could not wait to give them what they deserve.

They left the building and when they got in the car, Miss Parker took out a bottle of champagne and glasses. "Let’s celebrate, Ladies!" she offered. The women all took a glass readily and toasted. "To success!" "To success!" they said in unison.

**********

The four women opened their eyes slowly and tried to move but found that they were each restrained to a chair. They were back in the grimy warehouse front, Miss Parker and Jarod standing in front of them smirking.

"What is going on here, Marissa?!" Bonnie demanded.

Miss Parker didn’t reply. She just put on a boxing glove and approached the first person in line. That would be Sabina. Sabina’s eyes widened in fear. "Wh-what are you doing with those?"

"You’ll find out soon enough," Miss Parker sneered.

"Why are you doing this?" Sabina said, almost in tears. "Jarod! Help me! You and I made jungle love together! She’s crazy! If that’s what this is all about, I thought it was alright with her!"

Jarod calmly stood beside Miss Parker and casually smiled at Sabina. "I faked it."

"What are you talking about? How could you fake something that awesome?!"

Jarod smiled smugly, Miss Parker scowled at him.

"Sorry, jungle queen, I still faked it. Ask her (pointing to Miss Parker), she was there."

"She was there!?? I DON’T UNDERSTAND!" Sabina cried.

Miss Parker just grinned.

"Marissa, please….."

Miss Parker hit Sabina in the face, breaking her nose. "That’s for thinking you screwed my husband." Sabina screamed in pain.

Then Miss Parker stood in front of Lara. Lara squirmed, but couldn’t get free. "Please don’t hurt me," she begged. Miss Parker hesitated for a minute, but that soon passed. One punch and Lara joined Sabina in a chorus of painful screams. "That’s for thinking about screwing my husband."

"I hate you!!" Lara bit out.

When Miss Parker stood in front of Kara, Kara had her eyes tightly shut, bracing herself from the blow. Miss Parker actually felt a little sorry for her, but that thought also quickly vanished. Pow. "That’s for thinking."

Bonnie glared at Miss Parker with hate. "You will pay for this, Marissa!" she threatened.

"Don’t have to. YOU already did. The families of the children appreciate your generosity," Miss Parker said sarcastically. "They should all be living high on YOUR money, ALL your money." Miss Parker straightened her glove and smiled evily at Bonnie. "I’m going to enjoy this the most."

Now the four women were crying in unison.

"You really should thank me. This was nothing compared to what I REALLY wanted to do to you."

Miss Parker then picked up a bag and started sprinkling little pellets all over the women, on their clothes, on their laps, on their hair. They looked on with fear and confusion

"Wha-what are you doing now?" Lara asked between sobs.

Miss Parker and Jarod continued to spread the pellets around making a trail to a large wooden box on the floor. "Gotta go. Jarod and I can’t miss the reunion of the children and their families," Miss Parker sang. "Your husbands should be here in a little while, followed by the authorities to haul your sorry asses to the slammer. Tah! Tah!"

Miss Parker stood behind the box and reached over to a handle of the trap door. "Before we leave, there are some rodents here who felt left out because their services weren’t utilized for your experiments. They would like to get to know you." Miss Parker lifted the door and huge rats exited the box and hungrily devoured the trail of pellets that lead to the four hysterical women. Jarod and Miss Parker walked away arm in arm.

"Aren’t the rats a little too drastic?" Jarod asked Miss Parker.

"I was going to use snakes," Miss Parker replied.

**************

THAT EVENING

Jarod and Miss Parker sat on the couch in each other’s arms recollecting the events of the week. The joy of seeing the children reunited with their families lingered. Their reminiscing was interrupted by a news flash on T.V. It was showing the four doctors and their wives being taken away with a slew of media crews crowding for a statement. Miss Parker and Jarod laughed when they saw the women trying to conceal their broken noses and to wisk away the rat poop from their hair. They stopped laughing to hear what Bonnie had to say when she got close to the camera and hissed. "Marissa! Jarod! When I get out of this, I’m going to hunt you down and kill you!"

Jarod snorted and remarked, "Take a number."

Miss Parker laughed heartily and tackled Jarod, pinning him on the couch. "What do you say, we play "doctor" again?"

"Well, my dear Parker, the Doctor Is In!"
Epilogue by Rachel
DISCLAIMER IN PART 1



"The Doctor Is In"
epilogue
by Rachel




„Are you sure you don’t want me to take you to the airport?" Jarod asked hoping she’d change her mind.

„I’m sure. It’s too dangerous for us to be seen together in public." Miss Parker squeezed him tighter around the neck, not wanting to let go. „I miss you already," she said, tickling his ear with her breath.

Jarod and Miss Parker held each other tightly, knowing they have to let go sometime, but their hearts and bodies don’t seem to want to cooperate. She heard the ticking of her watch and sighed. „I’ll miss my flight, Jarod."

„Good", he mumbled.

„Come on, Jarod, let go. It won’t be any easier later."

„Nope. Not letting go. I can’t. My arms have a mind of their own."

Miss Parker looked into his eyes and saw so much love for her she shivered. It gets harder and harder every time, parting. They both knew it and felt it.

„I have to go," she whispered sadly.

„I know. I love you."

„I love you, too."

They kissed one last time and she slowly peeled herself from his embrace, making their contact last as long as possible until only their fingertips was touching. With one small step back, they were completely separated. Miss Parker walked out of the apartment, giving Jarod a small wave and a final ‘I love you’. Jarod stood in the doorway and watched her walk away. He knows he should just go back in the apartment and shut the door, but he couldn’t. Every part of him wanted to just run after her and hold her one last time. She’d probably get mad--that would show how weak he is. But he’s only weak when it came to her. She’d understand, wouldn’t she?

Miss Parker walked slowly, talking herself into not looking back at him, because if she did, she would end up running back into his arms--then the whole goodbye thing would start all over again. ‘Don’t look back. Don’t look back!’ ‘But I just want to see him one last time’ and she attempted to turn her head. ‘NO!’ her mind screamed and she held her head forward. Then she realized she has quit walking. She looked down at her feet and she was just standing there, in the middle of the hallway. ‘MOVE, FEET!’ she ordered, but they didn’t obey. Well, you can probably imagine what came next. Two strong-willed people, unable to conquer their weakness: each other.

****

AT THE CENTRE
TWO DAYS LATER


Miss Parker, Broots, and Sydney stood around in her office talking and laughing about Miss Parker’s recent excursion with Jarod.

„Would you really have left those women with the pigs?" Broots asked amused. Miss Parker nodded, unable to hold in a laugh. „In a heartbeat."

„Naked?"

„Oh yeah. To think of it, that’s something I’d like to do to Lyle." They all burst out laughing at the thought of Mr. Lyle naked in a truck full of pigs.

„What’s so funny?" Lyle asked as he walked toward the three hyenas.

„It’s a private joke." Miss Parker sneered, putting a hand on Broots’ shoulder.

„I see you botched up another job, Parker." Lyle said smugly, anger evident in his voice.

„I guess I underestimated Jarod’s attachment to his woman. I was lucky to get out alive." Miss Parker noticed how Lyle got disgusted at the sight of her and Broots, so she lovingly caressed Broots’ cheek. „A man in love is unstoppable. Right Broots?" She said, winking at Broots. „But you wouldn’t know anything about that, would you, Lyle? You don’t even know what it’s like to be liked," she said lightly. Mr. Lyle clenched his teeth and glared at her. The tension was thick. Lyle knew he was outnumbered. The interruption of someone knocking on the door didn’t help his outrage.

„Come in!" Miss Parker called out. „I have a package for Mr. Lyle."

Lyle grabbed the box and inspected it. Miss Parker, Broots, and Sydney looked at each other, shrugging their shoulders in confusion.

„Who is it from?" Broots asked.

„Doesn’t say."

„Hope it’s not a bomb. I’d hate to have to clean up my office." Miss Parker joked lightly, thinking the ‘present’ might be from Jarod.

Lyle opened the package and studied the contents of the box, not letting the three see what was inside. His eyes narrowed and his face began to scowl. He slowly pulled out the content and held it out for them to see. At the sight of it, Miss Parker clenched at Broots’ shoulder and bit her lower lip. She fought hard to control herself from laughing out loud. Her eyes were beginning to water and she was trying to hold her breath. Broots and Sydney were struggling to keep calm. Most of Broots discomfort was coming from Miss Parker’s nails that were digging into his shoulder, but it was still secondary to his urge to burst.

Lyle was livid. „Another sick joke from that damned Pretender!" He slammed the thing on Miss Parker’s desk stormed out of her office.

The three let out unbridled fits of laughter. Lyle’s gift was a toy truck with miniature plastic pigs and a naked doll highly resembling Mr. Lyle’s face. The ringing of the phone finally calmed them a little.

„What?" Miss Parker answered the phone between breaths.

„Are you alright?" Jarod asked at the other end.

„I’m perfect. Did I ever tell you that your timing is impeccable?" Miss Parker asked still very amused.

„I do my best. I presume Lyle got his gift?"

„Is it a clue to your whereabouts?"

„I’m helping a farmer find out what’s killing his herd. I’ll tell you about it later."

„Talk to you soon, „Babe"." Miss Parker hung up the phone and laughed again. Then she laughed harder when she realized Jarod probably didn’t get the „Babe" pun.


THE END
This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=3940