Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

DISCLAIMER:- in part 1


DELUSIONS
PART 2
by Krystal McDermott




Oh, what a shame, she's already busy talking to someone else. I pity the poor person who got stuck talking to her. I probably should go and rescue them. Yeah I will. Mr. Wonder-Boy Wannabe has put me in a generous mood. Just thinking about him makes me laugh. What a whacko. Who could honestly believe that the Centre existed and even if they did and Jarod was here, there's no way in hell Miss Parker would come to Pine Rivers! Ha! She'd di.......I take that back.

This is not happening. It's just not possible. Krystal you've finally cracked. You've crossed the line between writing fanfic to actually living it. OK now *try* to think straight. You hit your head this morning, you had a weirdo teacher who looks like Jarod, thinks he is Jarod and it's just affected your brain. You're probably still high on pain killers and this is all just a delusion. She's probably not really there. If you just continue walking straight past her she'll vanish and then you'll know that you were dreaming.

OK slowly now left foot, right foot, left foot, good, we're getting somewhere. Alright now I'm beside her, I'll just wait here a moment and then she'll vanish. One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi and she's not vanishing!

"You got a problem shorty?!" her icy voice cuts into my thoughts.

Well yes I do as a matter of fact. You are not real! You don't exist. It's just not possible! Why is she staring at me? She's the one with the problem. Stop staring at me! Why won't she st....Oh that's right. Good one genius, she asked you a question, she's waiting for your answer. My we're quick today aren't we? Well what can I say? This woman's kinda scary. Come on think of something, quickly before she shoots you.

"No" I say rather sheepishly. She's still staring at me. Not the cold, hard glare that she gave me before. No, this one's different. It's almost.....recognition? No, you're still in your delusional world Krystal. You're probably still asleep, just close your eyes open them and this woman will be gone. OK now close your eyes, open and she's.........gone? Huh, I didn't expect that to actually work. Where'd she go? I race over to the large glass doors at the front of the office and push them open. Nothing. No black town cars, no burly sweepers, no Miss Parker, nothing. I can't help but feel disappointed. Why? Well what Pretender fan wouldn't be? Oh get a grip Krystal they weren't really here, it's just your over active imagination.

Slowly I drag my feet along the concrete path, down past the school oval, and on towards the pine forest behind the school. What happened today? I'm certain I saw them. It was so real, they....No. Stop it Krystal! It didn't happen, just forget about it. Maybe I should tell my mum? Wait, what are you nuts!? They'll ship you off to the funny farm and there'll be no more Pretender for you. No, I'll just have to keep my mouth shut about this one.

It's 3:30pm by the time I reach the end of my street. Man I must of been walking slow. It took me half an hour to get home. No doubt mum's chucking a psych by now. The police are probably on their way. Although I don't think you can file a missing persons report until the person has been missing for 24 hours. But this is my over protective mother we're talking about, if the police can't help her, she's probably arranged a search party by now.

I ring the doorbell. Mum's always locking the door, I don't see why, it's not as if we own anything anyone would want to steal. I ring the doorbell again. Come on mum, I need to pee.

"Mum!" I yell impatiently while I try to concentrate on anything but running water. There's still no answer. Where the hell is she? I'm busting. "Mum!" Grrr I bet ya she's on the phone talking to my Auntie Sharon. It's times like these I wish we kept a spare key under the mat. I bang on the screen door. Nothing. I bang again and this time it......opens? What the......mum? She always locks the door.

I slowly step inside the house and quietly begin to tip toe up the stairs. Hang on. What am I doing? What if there's some lunatic up stairs? Let's face I'm not exactly the strongest person in the world and definitely not the bravest. A weapon, I need a weapon. I sneak downstairs again and grab the yellow cricket bat from the toy room. That should do it. I begin to edge my way up the stairs again. My back in flat against the wall as I inch my way down the hall.

"click" Uh oh that does not sound good. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, a cricket bat against a gun. I don't like my chances. I begin to quietly make my way back down the hall when I see the family portrait we had taken last may. Oh bugger it! I can't leave my mum and my sisters here. Oh *now* I need wonder boy! Damn it!

I gently push open the door to my bedroom. This has to be the worst bad idea in the history of bad ideas. That sounds familiar? Where have I heard that before? This is no time to be thinking about stupid things like that!

"Miss McDermott!" Where the hell did that come from? I look around the room. Oh it's you.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I yell "And where's my mum and Bianca and Chantelle?"

"I told you I'm here to help you. I rang your house a little past three and when nobody answered I became worried. I got here as fast as I could, but it appears that *they* beat me to it" he replies, tucking his gun behind his back, concern written all over his face.

"What are you talking abo...." before I can finish my last sentence there is a screech of tires from out the front of my house. Now what! This day couldn't possibly get any worse. I look out the front window. Oh wait. It can. There she is, the Ice Queen herself, gun drawn with her two stooges in tow. This is all I need, my ass kicked just because Jarod decided to come to Australia and play super hero down under. There I go again. It's not Jarod, that is not Miss Parker or Sydney or Broots, this is all some kind of twisted dream!

"Well, well, well Freud, Earkle, what do we have here?" I spin around and come face to face with Miss Parker, Sydney and Broots. Jarod turns to run, but Miss Parker already has her gun pointed straight at his head. He wouldn't have gotten very far anyway, the only way out is back down the hall way and Miss Parker is blocking that.

"Jarod, don't move a muscle or I swear the next muscle you'll see will be yours, splattered against the wall behind you." Miss Parker threatens. Eww lovely. Who's she think she's kidding, we all know she wouldn't shoot Jarod. I think deep down even Jarod knows she wouldn't shoot him. Oh there I go aga....oh I give up. I don't care anymore. It's too confusing, I'll just go along with this whole delusion thing.

"Umm M...Miss Parker"

"What Broots!" she snaps. I'd hate to be Broots right now, well any time for that matter.

"Uhhh according to the t…tracking device, M...Mr. Lyle is headed this way"

"Oh shit!" she yells. Hey, that's exactly what I was thinking. From the look on Jarod's face I'd say that's exactly what he was thinking too. Well lets face it, Mr. Lyle isn't exactly Mr. Popular, although he is kinda cute. I'd never let any of these people know that though, hell Miss Parker would probably shoot me on the spot.

Before I know it Miss Parker has snapped hand cuffs on Jarods wrists and is forcing me down the stairs and out the door. What I can't understand is why Sydney is the one forcing Jarod into the car. I thought he wanted to protect Boy Genius, not be the one to take him in. Miss Parker opens the back door and gestures for me to get in. Why isn't she shoving me in? I always suspected that she really would be a nice person, but I have to admit once again I'm a little disappointed. I expected more danger, more excitement, it's not everyday you get kidnapped by Miss Parker. Suddenly I realise, this is my chance to run. I know she wouldn't shoot me, the park's only fifty metres away, I could make it there in no time, I'd soon loose her in the bush. Although this is Miss Parker we're talking about, she'd probably have me bound and gagged in 3 seconds flat. Besides part of me actually wants to go with them and....... this is just a dream.

Before I can think about it any longer, I'm shoved into the backseat anyway. Guess I took too long to make up my mind. The car screams out of the driveway, down the street and shit what's she tryin' to kill us all?! I gain a sudden burst of courage, must be this dream "Hey lady, I'd like to make it to my 16th birthday if you don't mind!" Ahh. If looks could kill, I'd be dead. OK I admit that was probably not one of my smartest moves. Sydney gives me a reassuring look. Yeah it's alright for you, you get this all the time. I on the other hand just watch it on TV and laugh.

I look out the tinted window, the enormity of the situation just starting to dawn on me. With everything that had happened I had almost forgotten about my family. I know, how loving and caring am I?

"Jarod, where's my family?" I ask.

"Don't worry about your family, we've moved them someplace safe." Wait that wasn't Jarod that answered, that was Broots. How does he know about my family and what does he mean some place safe? Sydney obviously notices the look of suspicion on my face.

"No, not the Centre. Definitely not the Centre." he says reassuringly.

Oh, OK. that still doesn't answer my other question though which was how the hell do they know about my family?! As if reading my mind Miss Parker speaks up.

"All your questions will be answered shortly, for now just sit back and enjoy the drive." Oh well, that's helpful. Yeah, that's really put my mind at ease. Thank you for all your help. NOT! I stare at the window. There's nothing better to do. Jarod doesn't appear to be in a very sociable mood. Can't blame him really, I'd be a little pissed too if I were him. I blink as the green road signs flash by. Nambour 60Km. What?! Nambour!

"Umm where are we going?"

"Airport then the US" Miss Parker replies shortly.

"Yeah, umm sorry to tell you this but the closest international airport is in Brisbane, which is in the opposite direction to which we're going, otherwise known as south."

"We're headed north"

"Yeah, I noticed that." I reply

"North as in Cairns international airport. So like I said sit back and enjoy the ride." Cairns! Cairns is a two day drive from here. You mean to tell me I have to sit in this delusional car, next to you imaginary people for two days. Oh great and the day just keeps getting better and better.




TBC....

So how's this next part? Good, bad? Tell me please it's the only way I'll improve. little_miss_krystal@hotmail.com

Krystal