Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

DISCLAIMER:- It's been a while so I'd better re-write it - No I don't own the characters, ummm except me and maybe my family, but the rest belong to NBC, OK. Don't sue please, I'm broke, it's the holidays and I can't even go to the movies with my friends.
Yeah, finally, my muses have started to talk to me when it comes to this fic and KB doesn't know this yet, but it was one of her messages to me that got them working. She suggested I bring the group into it, and I thought that was a great idea but I couldn't figure out a way to do it. Then the other day KB sent me some feedback on a fic and mentioned something about it hopefully *not* turning into a shipper fic and that just sent everything in motion, so THANKS KB.

Summery:- Yeah well ummm, that's right Jarod showed up at my school, then my family disappeared and I found Jarod snooping around my house, then we were kidnapped by MP, Syd and Broots, hmmm we stayed at a motel in Rockhampton, we went shopping, got chased by Lyle and escaped and now that's where I was up to. Oh and MP and J were arguing.





DELUSIONS
PART 6
by Krystal McDermott




Well we're on the road again. Oh yay! Miss P and Jarod are barely talking to each other, Broots is fiddling with his laptop and Sydney is reading his new book. What am I supposed to do? Cairns is still miles away. This is sooooo boring and I'm so sick of singing about beer on the wall. Who the hell came up with that annoying song anyway? Plus, to make matters worse I have no access to a computer so I can't check my email and get all The Pretender fanfic. What is this world coming to? Wait a second, Broots, he has a laptop, brilliant!

"Oh Broots" I say sweetly "Can I please borrow your laptop for a while? There are some.......important messages I have to get" "But I was just......ummm well you know I need to check the mai......and....umm......oh.......OK" he stammers and then finally relents.

"Great! Thanks!" I say as I take the computer off him, he holds onto it for as long as possible and then eventually lets go.

"What is that you are looking up?" Sydney asks, genially interested. I smile begins to play on my lips as I think about what it is exactly I am looking up. Hey maybe if I get them all to read a few shipper stories I could get the wheels in Miss P and J's heads turning, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. I laugh out loud to myself.

"What's so funny?" Broots asks leaning over to read the computer screen. "Hey what's that?" he asks, a little surprised to be seeing his own name on the screen.

"This is me email from pretendfic" I reply coolly "It's a fanfic group, we all love The Pretender and we write fanfic, poems, songs just about anything on The Pretender. This story here is a shipper story" It's out of my mouth before I realise what I said. Oh well it's out there now. Now they're all going to find out exactly what a shipper is and how many of us there are out there. Oh what a shame. I laugh out loud again. Hmmm they must think I'm strange now, that's twice I've laughed out loud to myself.

"Shipper......What's a shipper?" Sydney asks, rather confused. The car swerves across the highway and speeds down the exit. Ok I guess she changed her mind about Cairns. Oh damn, that means I don't have to sit this car for another day and a half. What was it that Sydney wanted again........Oh yeah shippers. I take a quick glance at Miss Parker and Jarod in the front of the car, they both don't look very sociable still, perhaps now is not a good.......Oh what the hey.

"A shipper is someone who wants..... no desperately wants Jarod and Miss Parker to get together." I say matter-of-factly. Suddenly the car screams to halt. Uh oh. Miss Parker turns in her seat to face me, her icy glare making me shudder from head to toe.

"What was that?" she growls. Her lips are pierced tighter than I ever thought possible. Jarod turns in his seat beside her and faces me, he's not so pleased with my last comment either.

"What was what?" I ask innocently. Yes play innocent, lets hope she totally forgets about it and doesn't blow off my head.

"Don't give me that" she replies coldly "What was it that you just said about shippers or whatever crap you were just talking about?" I play with my ring nervously, this is much harder to tell her than I first anticipated. "Well spit it out!" she yells. Broots gives me a sympathetic look, Sydney nods his head with encouragement.

"Umm well you see there's this group on the internet, it's called pretendfic and the people that belong to it write fanfic based on The Pretender and there's two main groups of fans they're the shippers and the non-shippers. The shippers all want Miss...well you and Jarod to get together and the non-shippers well.......they don't.......obviously. And yeah well that's about it. So where not going to Cairns anymore hey." I rush out all the information as fast as possible.

"No don't you go trying to change the subject" Miss Parker threatens.

"Yeah what are you a shipper or non-shipper?" Broots asks innocently. I bite my lip. Oh this is going to be great I grimace. I try to build up my courage, come on Krystal you've been waiting for the moment you can tell Miss Parker and Jarod that they are destined to be together for years, since the show first began, don't give up now.

"I am a shipper" I announce boldly and before Miss Parker or Jarod can interrupt I go on "And Miss Parker and Jarod are destined to be together, they are. They love each other and they just don't know it yet and you'll see one day it will happen, you just wait, it will!" Oh my God. That came out like I'm a three year old child trying to convince my friends that my father is Santa Clause! Just then a small whimper escapes Broots.

"What's wrong with you?" Jarod asks, I can tell his slightly annoyed by the fact that I'm a shipper, but wait is that a small hint of hope and amusement I see in his eyes.

"I...I..I was...j...just killed!" Broots stammers.

"So not going to Cairns any more are we?" I say cheerily, trying to change the subject yet again. Miss P groans and turns around to face the steering wheel once more, Jarod and Sydney also return to how they had been before. Poor Broots though he's still trying to get answers as why he was killed. Well I guess that'll just have to remain another mystery, there's no way I'm gonna try and explain that one.




After what seems like hours we eventually pull up to a private air strip somewhere between Emerald and Jericho. See all those geography lessons did pay off! I actually know where we are.......sort of.

"So boys, Krystal, hope you all packed your warm, woolly clothes, because we're off to Melbourne" Miss P announces.

"Oh I hate air strips" Jarod shudders.

"You hate air strips! You weren't the one who got shot the last time we were all on an air strip together!" Miss Parker exclaims. Yeah, well here we go again, another big fireworks display between the two of them.

"I may not of been the one that got shot, but I got dragged back to that hell hole you call the Centre, because I had to save your sorry ass and do I ever once get a thank you? Noooo, because you care to much about what your precious daddy thinks" My someone's bitter. Can't blame him really, she could of said thank you. Even better she could of said thank you with a kiss. Miss Parker starts to yell back at Jarod, man am I getting sick of this.

"Will you two just shut-up please!" Hey I didn't yell that. I look around the air strip. Way to go Sydney! That's telling them. "The plane is ready" he adds. Both Miss Parker and Jarod are dumbfounded. I can tell Miss P is totally annoyed and Jarod well Jarod's just shocked. Who wouldn't be, I certainly wasn't expecting Sydney to yell at them like that.

We each climb onto the plane. Jarod and Miss Parker sit at opposite ends of the plane to each other, I'm beside Jarod, Sydney is next to Miss Parker and Broots is still reading my email trying to figure out why he was the one that got killed.




TBC....

Well that's it for now folks.......I know nothing ground breaking happened, but at least it's a start, there may be more during the day. Thanks again KB, you finally woke up my muses.

Feedback please.
little_miss_krystal@hotmail.com