Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

DISCLAIMER:- Oh, and for the people who were really upset (you know who you were!) -I could say sorry but you'd probably die of shock!
KB






DELUSIONS
PART 12
by Krystal McDermott




>KB's POVKrystal's POV<

"Lyle. Is. My. What!?" I yell, totally and utterly shocked.

"He's your father." KB states again, cautiously. She glances worriedly at Jarod, who glances from her to Sydney, who stares at the floor trying to avoid eye contact with anyone, especially me. I take a deep breathe and then sit there in silence, trying to process this shocking information, I've just been hit with. I stare at each and everyone of them for a while. Lyle can't be my father, fair enough I have the dark hair and the blue eyes, but I sure as hell don't have psychopathic tendencies. Although I do love Chinese food, but eww I can't believe I just thought of that, gross. No he can't be my father, my mum surely would have told me by now and Miss Parker said they had footage of him at the a train station in Brisbane and she's certain to have noticed if it was Lyle or not. Oh these guys are unbelievable. They're just trying to get back at me for my tantrum over KB and Jarod's... 'thing'. This was a cruel joke though.

"OK, good one, you got me." I confess, shaking my head.

"Krystal, what are you talking about?" Jarod asked, slightly confused. Yeah, good act wonder-boy, but I don't buy it. I've seen one too many episodes of The Pretender to fall for that innocent approach.

"This whole Lyle is your father joke. You had me worried there for a sec, but don't you think that was a little harsh?"

"It's not a joke Krystal. Lyle *is* your father." KB states in all seriousness. Damn she's good at this.

"No he is not." I argue

"Yes, yes he is."

I sit there again and stare at them all. Sydney is looking extremely concerned, Jarod is giving me the same look he gives Miss Parker when he's just dropped another bombshell on her, and KB looks as though she's preparing for me to explode at any moment.

"You're not kidding are you?" I ask cautiously. All three of them shake their heads in unison. "What the hell do you mean he's my father?!" I yell at the top of my lungs, jumping off the bed to stand in front of them all. Jarod opens he's mouth to say something but I continue before any sound can escape he's mouth. "You are trying to tell me, that Lyle....Lyle the psychopathic, serial killer, mass murderer, man eating, freak! Is my father? I don't think so! Cannibalism isn't my style. What are you trying to do to me?! Kill me! There is no way he could me by father, fair enough I like a good Chinese dish, but I don't even like meat, let alone.........ewww. No this has to be some sort of mistake. You guys are either playing the worst practical joke in the history of the world or there's been a mix up some where along the line and you are all totally, completely, beyond all doubt, absolutely wrong! And if I were you, I'd be praying it was the second one." I stand there, glaring at them, daring them to speak. Eventually Sydney pipes up.

"Krystal, I know it's a rather large shock, but don't you think you are over reacting slightly?"

If looks could kill, he would of died a slow and painful death right there and then. I begin to pace around the room. Count to ten Krystal and calm down. One, two, three, four and bugger this!

"Over reacting? Over reacting? You think that I am over reacting? In the last week, you, Jarod, Broots and Miss Parker have turned my life completely upside down! I went from thinking you guys were just characters on a great TV show, to being totally real and the 'actors' clones of some sick little experiment. You kidnapped me, told me my father, who I thought had been dead for the past 14 years was alive and well and worked for the Centre. Then I am chased by the psycho-thumbless one through a shopping mall, we come here and my whole shipper plan is *ruined* and now you tell me that the man who just a few days ago tried to kill me is my father! Oh and wait I almost missed my favourite part, then you say I'm over reacting! Ahh!"

Not one of them dares to speak or move. Good, if I'm not happy then they can't be either. I know that's selfish and I know it's not their fault that my father is......well it's.......Oh I can't even bring myself to think it. Well I know 'this' isn't their fault, but I have to take my anger out on someone don't I? Yes I do, and now I'm talking to myself, perhaps I am crazy. Well I suppose to look on the bright side at least I have an excuse now. Oh I can't believe I just found a bright side to this. I think I'm going to throw up.

"Krystal, look on the bright side." KB says warily. Look on the bright side? I wasn't talking out loud before was I?

"If Lyle is your father, that makes Miss Parker your aunt."

"What are you tal........Ohhhhh, but that.....well it.....It doesn't make up for the fact that my father is a homicidal maniac" But it sure as hell helps. No, it doesn't help, it's still gross and eww I just realised. Yuck, my mum.....she.....she was.....her and.......her and Lyle. Oh there's fifty years of therapy. If I wasn't crazy before, I sure as hell am now. I take another deep breathe and try to calm down, besides all this yelling is really starting to hurt my throat.

"OK I'm calm. Who else knows about this?"

"Besides you and the three of us, Broots is the only other person who knows." Sydney replies, eyeing me cautiously.

"Don't worrying Syd, I'm done with the ranting and raving." For now at least. He looks slightly relieved, but still keeps his distance from me.

"So other than Broots, we are the only ones who know. You haven't told Miss Parker yet?"

They glance at each other nervously.

"No, not yet" KB answers, moving closer to Jarod. "We thought we'd wait, just for awhile, until the time is right"

"You mean until all of us are at least 100 miles away from her?"

"Exactly"

"Good plan. So any other news you want to share with me? You've already taken sixty years off my life, care to take another and kill me completely?"




TBC....

Feedback please.
little_miss_krystal@hotmail.com