Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: For the 100th time already, I don't own The Pretender. I just borrow the characters from time to time. I don't own the song, 'Don't Go' either. It's by Kasey Chambers. I don't ever own the CD it's my mum's. I don't own much, do I?


Author's Note: I wrote this while watching the GNW great debate, All's Fair In Love And War. So if it goes a little weird at times, I'm sorry. Paul McDermott (no relation) was just sooo funny and IMHO I think he's kinda cute.......I couldn't concentrate. And I don't know why I included that in my note cos everyone outside Aust will have no idea who I'm talking about. And now I'm babbling. Sorry. Oh and this may have a sequel..........may have a sequel. That's not definite yet.......Shutting up now.




Silent Confessions
Secrets of the Heart
1/1
By Krystal McDermott





I can feel you in the room with me. Ever since we were children I've been able to sense your presence, sense when you were near. Perhaps that's why I was chosen to be your huntress. The perfect little soldier, daddy's little girl. I wonder what daddy would say if he knew that I was lying here, peacefully, while you sit just inches away. Or is peaceful the wrong word to describe how I'm feeling at this moment?

You lean in closer and softly push a tendril of hair away from my face. My heart begins to pound erratically in my chest and I have to focus all my efforts on keeping my breathing even and rhythmic. I can hear your voice, soothing my thoughts as you talk about simple, day to day events. A conversation we could never carry out together.

What you don't say however, are the words I want to hear from you the most. The words my heart desperately longs to say but, as hard as I try, won't pass through my lips. You whisper good-bye and I have to fight my senses to suppress the shiver that threatens to escape, as I hear the emotion, so thick in your voice. I can sense that their is more you want to say, but like me you can't allow your heart to win the war, and instead you slowly drift towards the door.

As you're disappearing I'm hearing
All I wanted you to say
I should focus more on the thought of
Letting you just slip away
But I get this strange feeling you're not revealing
Everything you wanted to say
So it's just a little harder for me to play the part of
Watching you walk away

You reach the door and I can't help but stir slightly as I loose you once again. It doesn't go unnoticed by you and you hesitate at the door. I silently will you to return to my bedside and as if reading my mind you answer my prayers. Gently you stroke my hand and softly whisper soothing words as though you are trying to calm me after a nightmare.

It's moments like these that I treasure, being here with you, feeling your gentle touch. I only wish that I could, one day return the favour, but I fear that's a secret my heart will guard forever. My mind is so involved with thoughts of you that I unconsciously clasp your hand, ever so softly, but you still feel the touch and shrink back slightly.

So before you disappear again
Just think of what you're feeling and Don't Go
There's more to what you're telling me
I'm not buying you're selling me Don't Go

As much as I'd like to deny it, it hurts me that you pull away. I know our lives are moulded together in a twisted pattern of lies and betrayal, but throughout it all you have always been the one to bring me out of the storm. You can't pretend that our history, as grotesque as it may be, means nothing. It means everything to me and I have to breathe deeper to suppress the smile that threatens to appear on my calm face as you replace your hand back in mine.

So before you disappear again
Just think of what you're feeling and Don't Go

Silently you lie there, so peaceful and so beautiful. Your hand gently entwined in mine, so soft and so delicate. I only wish I could tell you how precious this moment is to me. Sadly though, you are unaware of our current state and are instead quietly enthralled in a world beyond my reach and I can't help but realise that this moment could never take place otherwise.

I tell you all about my day, just simple things. I talk about books I've read, movies I've seen, instead of the deep feelings that well inside of me as I watch you now. I only wish that I could wake you gently, stare deep into your crystal blue eyes and tell you just how much you truly mean to me. I've tried to tell you a thousand times, but you seem to have forgotten the times we shared together. You seem to have forgotten me, forgotten yourself. I tear slowly makes it's way down my cheek and more than ever I want to tell you how much I love you, but my mind won't allow it and so it will be trapped forever within my heart.

Don't you understand that I'm stranded
In a feeling I can't shake
Don't you realise that I'm frightened
Of all the things you're going to take
And now you seem so distant so much more resistant
To ever let the feeling show
So it's hard for me to face it
Even less replace it
Everything you're letting go


Reluctantly I let go of your hand and begin to disappear once more into the darkness. Before I leave though, I place a single Gardiner, your favourite flower on your bedside table. Just to remind you that I'm thinking of you. You were unaware but yesterday I saw you standing in the street, alone. Sadness and despair plaguing your beautiful features. You, my huntress had found me, I was just meters away. I whispered your name, soft enough so as you wouldn't hear me and turn around, but still it echoed through my mind and I stood still and watched as you walked away.

So before you disappear again
Just think of what you're feeling and Don't Go
There's more to what you're telling me
I'm not buying what you're selling me Don't Go

I hear the door creek open slightly and I blink back the tears that threaten to fall.

"Don't go"




Hmmmm to write a sequel or not to write a sequel? That is the question.

Feedback is always welcome. Good or bad (preferably good) it will brighten up my day now I'm back at school.

Krystal little_miss_krystal@hotmail.com


"Don't ask the question, unless you know the answer" Paul McDermott