Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Sorry I'm going through so much... 'fluff', I'm still setting up the last bit of the plot so I don't have inconsistencies abounding or something like that. Hope you like this part, and yes, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaack!!!

Praying for snow, too. I need a breaaaaaak :-)



Part Six: Irony and Gravity


"You've had your way, Raines, " Sam was violent, angry even. He'd watched with irrepressable anguish as his boss had been killed.

Miss Parker, he knew, was his *friend* too.

William Raines was killed only hours before the exploosion. A rather interesting coincidence, Sam thought ironically. Mr. Parker said he was dispensable, Raines, that he was no longer useful.

True.

But Sam wised he could've used him for his own personal lab rat.

It was also funny, he'd decided, that a tip was phoned in on the twins' and their parents' whereabots only seconds before. Even funnier that the person calling in the tip didn't really exist, but called from a Centre operation in Maine. Of course, anything was possible with the Centre.

He walked through the corridors of the Centre and into Miss Parker's now-lonely, but not yet cleaned, office.

Something was going on, of that he was certain. What he found in the oddly placed trash can he bumped into only confirmed his suspicions. He unfolded the piece of paper that lay on top and moved the aluminum wastebasket back to where it belonged.

Sam would never forget Miss Parker's office.

He read the paper with wide eyes.

Sam,
1673 Firetower Lane,
Pierson, Connecticut

See you there.
-MP

Miss Parker, his boss, his friend, was alive. His eyes clouded with unshed tears, yet he wasn't truely surprised.

She was smart, if nothing else.

Yet he wondered just how she knew he'd find that note, and why exactly she cared enough to contact him - save him. He knew that's what she was doing, that she wouldn't risk her being found just for his help. Not when Jarod was already there.

"She's a Pretender too," he whispered, and pocketed the note, "but she's a Pretender with a heart."

A very big heart.

And Sam loved her, in his own way, a little more as he walked out of the building and to the new life waiting for him in Connecticut.