Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Note: Please abide the warnings. I don't usually warn for pairing but this is Miss Parker/Lyle. Run away now.

For Sezzie


Everything You Ever Wanted


He would like to break her. His favourite fantasy is not the pretender tied up in chains (he’s had that, and as beautiful as it was, it wasn’t enough). His favourite fantasy is her, beaten and broken at his feet. She gazes up and there is no hatred, contempt or pity left. There is only empty in her eyes.

All she says is “Please.”

That’s what he most wants.

*



There is something different about her after Carthis. She holds herself differently and her eyes are brighter. He wants to say it’s the ultimatum they’ve both been given: catch Jarod or die. It’s not though; he can sense it.

He runs through every emotion he can think of; hate, anger, apathy, love, desire and more. None of them fit.

It gnaws at him like a constant itch he doesn’t know where to scratch. In desperation he follows her, but that’s to no avail. He taps her phone but all she does is order Chinese food and bitch about how horrible life is. He steals her surveillance footage. It’s frightfully dull; all she seems to do is paperwork, hassle Broots and be dissected by Freud. Occasionally Jarod rings and breaks the monotony.

The idea of a turbulent affair between them runs through his mind. Perhaps for years she’s been secretly helping him. Perhaps the island was a meeting gone awry. He fast-fords to the next conversation, one after Carthis. Everything seems perfectly normal; she looks harassed and annoyed, as always, she sighs and seems to be telling him off. Eventually she terminates the call.

And holds the phone to her cheek.

At that moment Lyle knows what’s different: she has hope.

Suddenly Lyle’s favourite fantasy seems so much more palpable.

*



He would like her to fight him and give in. He wants her to struggle against him, fight him with everything she has and realise it’s not enough. He wants to watch her betray herself, to make her writhe and squirm under his touch, not from pain but from pleasure. He wants to look into her eyes as she comes.

He wants her furious and angry with him and herself because that’s when she’s always been the most beautiful.

That’s when he’ll finally have her.

*



Her fall from grace is a beautiful thing to watch.

Her eyes, full of hatred, never leave his in the elevator ride down to her new home. As they push her towards the cell she manages to fight off the sweeper and grab him by the collar.

“You’ll pay,” she hisses into his ear.

She’s furious and beautiful and he’s never wanted her more.

He kisses her. “Not this time.”

*



He wants visit Jarod in his cell just after he takes her. He wants the lingering smell of sex and her perfume to cling to him as he whispers in his ear about her fate.

He wants to watch him cry. He wants to taste his tears and pain.

Then he wants to say, “You know, this is all
her fault.”

He wants that to break him.

*



Exactly 39 hours after she’s locked in her cell the new security system beeps.

Lyle smiles.

Jarod may be a genius, but he’s also human with human ego and memory. He forgets things, like how badly his last escape attempt failed.

Though he doesn’t know it, Jarod is tracked by no less than fifteen cameras on his path to Miss Parker. Four different microphones in her cell pick up his soothing words and promises.

They climb through air vents and hurry through long forgotten corridors to some unknown exit. Lyle waits until he hears “almost there now, just a little further” and then he springs the trap.

They climb into another room and quickly make towards the next vent only to find it welded shut.

The door swings open theatrically and Lyle stands between two armed sweepers. Everything couldn’t be more perfect.

“Welcome home, Jarod.”

*



He wants to turn them on each other. He wants Jarod to hate her for leading to his capture. He wants her to hate him for poisoning her with hope.

He wants to succeed where Raines failed with Kyle.

He wants everything.

*



Physical torture doesn’t work on Jarod; his mind just goes to another place. Lyle knows that he could hurt him in all the ways imaginable and Jarod wouldn’t break.

“She cried out for you to help her, over and over again,” he whispers into Jarod’s ear. “She begged and pleaded and cried.”

Jarod stares blankly at the wall in front of him.

“Usually the fight drains out of them. Whether they realise it or not they stop begging for you to stop and start begging for death.”

The chains attached from Jarod’s arms clinked as he clenched and unclenched his fists.

“She didn’t stop calling for you until I made her come.”

Jarod snaps and lunges. Lyle catches his hands as the fingertips graze his neck and face, desperately seeking his throat. Lyle just laughs and bats them away. “Soon I’ll make her cry out for your death.”

Jarod breaks. It’s as beautiful as he always imagined it to be.

*



He wants everything and wonders if even that will be enough.

He wants everyone who apposed him dead and gone: the Tower, Jarod’s family, Raines, the Triumvirate.

He wants them by his side when he takes it. He wants to promise them that everything will be different, that he’s really a Good Guy and he’ll make it all better.

He wants to kill them as the first stirrings of hope shine in their eyes.

*



They stand beside him, hollow eyed and dead inside, and do not look at each other. Lyle tries to hide a smirk and fails.

“What have you done?” rasps Raines.

“Only what you failed to do,” Lyle says.

He leans in closer and in a stage whisper says, “You should always have known that I would get my revenge for what you did to me.”

He straightens up and dusts a fleck of dust from his suit. “Kill him.”

Raines cries out for help but Willie is already dead outside and no one will go to his aid.

When they are finished Lyle smiles at them both and puts out this arms. “Come,” he says.

One on each arm they stride through the Centre and none dare to oppose them.

Lyle smiles. He has everything he ever wanted.

*



He wants her to hate him. He wants her to hurt him. He wants her to scorn him. He wants to fail.

He wants
her.

*



He wants success to not taste so bitter.

Finish.