Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +




"Don't do this, Miss Parker. Please!"

"Jarod, I have to do this."

"I am begging you."

Sam interrupted their spat. "What should I do with his mother, Miss Parker?"

"Transport her to the Centre."

"And the major and others?"

"The same, Sam. Doh! Hurry."

"Hurry before you change your mind?" Jarod's inquiring mind wanted to know. Miss Parker tried to ignored him.
Jarod was not really the kind of man that could be ignored.
She was going to learn that and never forget it.

'Shut up, Jarod."

"Please don't do this to me, Max."

Max? He's not supposed to use my name. He knows that. Great. He's crying now. That's great. I hadn't expected to actually find monkeyboy. It was luck. Dumb luck for the Centre.
Bad luck for Jarod and his family.

I want this to be over now. I wanna go home. I wanna shower and wash off the day.

I wanna drink a bottle of scotch and drown the day. I will sleep like a baby, like a drunk little baby that sleeps the night through.

I want to stop seeing Jarod's accusing eyes.

His tears had dried. Now he was just angry. He was looking at her like he hated her and wanted to kill her.

Miss Parker had seen that look before when his mother left the island without him on that last boat in Scotland.

"You still have to process them all." Sam said to Miss Parker after handcuffing Maraget and Emily.

"Great, guess there's no rest for the wicked."

"You can count on that," Jarod shouted in agreement at Miss Parker. He glared deeply. He knew he frightened her and meant to use that new found knowledge to avenge her. "Count on it!"