Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

This is a game/challenge I found somewhere. I can't remember who I got it from. If it was you, identify yourself and I'll credit you!

To play, you turn on whatever computer music player you use and put it on Shuffle.

Write a drabble related to each song that plays. You only have the time frame of the song to finish the drabble; you start when the song starts and stop when it’s over. No going back to change things (except typos and such, of course) or add new sentences on, once the song is done.

Keep it within the fandom, of course.



Author's Chapter Notes:

This drabble is based on “The end of all things” from the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King soundtrack. It's very despairing and Wagnerian.

Completely AU.


            Together, their world ended. In the last moments it played over and over in his mind. The cars, whirling around him. Miss Parker catapulting out, her gun ready, and this time, no hesitation, no remembering old friendship. This time her bullet flew. And it struck Sydney. Sydney, who threw himself in the way to save his life. Her scream still echoed in his ears. “Sydney!” And they were there together, lifting him up, and Broots was standing still and shaking. And it was all too late, because the bomb he had been trying to defuse went off, and the shock hit them. Sydney, weak with blood loss, died instantly. Broots died just a moment later, no longer recognizable as their old Broots. And Miss Parker, lying next to Sydney, sobbed blood and gasped, “Oh, Sydney, I’m sorry.”





Chapter End Notes:

AU, of course. I love this one. 

A friend of mine noted that it's not quite clear that Miss Parker and Jarod die, too. I didn't have time in the song to finish.