Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimers:

“The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

“Choices” Song and Lyrics don’t belong to me they belong to Honey Ryder and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

 

Choices

 

 

I saw you staring out the window and it broke my heart.

I couldn’t stay a minute longer I knew I’d fall apart.

And I will never forget your face.

I will never forget your face that day.

 

I watch you as you stare out the window as the tears fall down you face. I want to go to you and wipe those tears off your face, but I know that you won’t let me. I know after our fight about everything from the Centre to your father and what I dared to utter in your presence. I told you that I loved you and you threw my words back to my face. In all the anger and destruction around us you throwing things about me knowing that I wouldn’t ever hurt you. I had to leave right then because I couldn’t stand seeing you cry in what you would call a moment of weakness, but it’s not weak to cry. I knew that if I stayed in the same house as you I would take you into my arms and I know that you wouldn’t allow that.

 

How much longer will I keep feeling this way?

All my friends keep saying times a healer

But I need healing today

 

After I left the house I threw everything I had into my pretends trying not to think about what had happened between us. I even met up with Argyle and a few of my other friends that I have acquired over my pretends. I told them about the fight, but I didn’t tell them whom it was with because you have met them and didn’t want them to know whom the fight was with. They kept on telling me that time is a healer, but when will these wounds be healed? When will the pain go away? When will I stop feeling anything for you?

 

If I believe in all the choices I made

And I don’t feel regret the minute I wake

What is my life about?

Cause I really can’t work it out

 

I don’t feel regret about what I’ve done. I know that you wouldn’t want it any other way. I know that I have to work out what I need to do with my life and what to do about you. Do I not talk to you anymore? Do I not send you packages? Do I stop giving clues to my whereabouts?

 

Since that day I never seem to feel the sense of relief

Time is only six months later it still feels like last week

And I will never forget your face

I will never forget your face that day.

 

I can’t believe it’s been that long that we had the fight, but it seems like yesterday that it happened. I haven’t even called you in the middle of night and I haven’t even called Sydney to see how you are doing. I know that if I heard how you were doing I would fall apart and probably come back. I can’t seem to get your face and everything else out of my mind about that day. I am still questioning why you don’t love me like I love you? You don’t even like me.

 

If I believe the choices I made

And I don’t feel the pain the minute I wake

What is my life about?

Cause I really can’t work it out

 

The pain of that day is still raw inside of me. I hate that it came to this and I hate that we aren’t even friends anymore. We used to be friends when we were younger. What had happened to that friendship? I could tell you everything and you could tell me everything too. What changed?

 

How much longer will I keep feeling this way?

When all my friends keep saying times a healer

But I need healing today

 

If I believe the choices I made

And I won’t pay the price the minute I wake

What is my life about?

Cause I really know I have got to work it out

So what is my life all about?

Cause I really can’t work it out.

I know I’m going to work it out

 

I know I have to work it out. I know I have to work out the feelings for you and I know that I am going to work it out. In time I can put all those feelings in the past and we can resume our game of cat and mouse, but it won’t be now and not tomorrow. Maybe someday.

 

The End