Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without their permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

 

 

 

 

He sat watching the young boy play with his car and wished that he were his father. He would have loved to have a little boy, or a little girl to call him Daddy, but he knew that he couldn’t have that just yet. He had met the boy’s mother a year ago and had fallen in love with Jasmine from the first time he saw her. She had told him that most men who had been told that she had a little boy would quickly leave because they didn’t want the burden of having a ready made family. He loved Jason as if he was his own son. He had cut all ties to the Centre to live with Jasmine and Jason in a quiet life that consisted of just the three of them.

 

He smiled as the sun came up off the horizon. It was another beautiful day and they were going to go to the circus today. He had never been to the circus before and he was just excited as Jason was. They got home later in the day and Jason went to the toy box to take out some toys to play with. Jarod and Jasmine went into the living room to watch him play. Suddenly the front door was pushed in as men in black suits rushed inside and held them at gunpoint. A dark haired woman regally walked up to them. As this was happening Jason quickly ran to his mother.

 

“Playing house, I see.” She glared at the woman and the boy in her arms.

 

“How did you find me?” Jarod asked watching Miss Parker glare at Jasmine and Jason.

 

“That’s for me to know and you to find out. Now let’s go Jarod.” She waved the gun she was holding to let him know that she meant business.

 

“Jarod who are these people?” Asked a frightened Jasmine.

 

“I’m so sorry, Jasmine. I didn’t mean to bring you into this.”

 

“Come on Jarod. I don’t have all day.” She said and then turned to Sam. “Sam, you cuff him and the others will take the boy and his mother.”

 

“No, don’t take them. Just me. They don’t have anything to do with this.” He pleaded with Miss Parker.

 

“I have my orders Jarod.”

 

“Why do you need them? She doesn’t know anything. Please don’t do this.”

 

He was led down the path to the waiting black limo and watched as Jason and Jasmine was led to the other limo parked in back of the first limo. The door closed and he watched as they pulled out onto the street. He watched the other limo follow them. Sydney watched from the seat next to Miss Parker and wondered whom the woman and the boy was.

 

“Why do you need Jason and Jasmine? I never told her about me, or the Centre. You have to believe me.” He turned to Miss Parker and Sydney hoping that he could persuade them into letting the two go.

 

“My orders were to get you and them. They didn’t tell me why. Now quite whining about it.” She turned to look out the window. They stopped in front of the airplane that would take them to the Centre. He was led up the stairs and into the plane along with Jason, Jasmine, the sweepers, Miss Parker and Sydney. Sydney watched as Jarod interacted with Jasmine.

 

“Who are these people, Jarod?”

 

“I’m sorry, I can’t tell you that. The only thing I can tell you is that I’m not a criminal.”

 

“Sydney, do you know why they want Jason and Jasmine to come with me?”

 

“No, sorry I do not Jarod.”

 

“You mean you don’t know, or don’t want to tell me?”

 

“I honestly don’t know.”

 

“Honesty? That’s a good one. You’ve been lying to me ever since I was little. You told me that my Sims weren’t going to be used for evil and you told me my parents died, but we all know how that turned out.”

 

“Jarod, I didn’t know that your parents didn’t die. Mr. Raines told me that they died in an accident coming to see you. I never even thought of questioning him. I also didn’t know about your Sims either. I found out when you told me what they were being used for. I’m sorry.”

 

“Sorry enough to let them go?”

 

“I can’t do that.”

 

“Can’t and won’t.”

 

Jarod looked away and stared out the window. He couldn’t believe that this was happening. He was not only going to be going back to the Centre, but he had brought a boy and his mother into the mess that was his life and there was no way to stop it.