Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:

A/N  <> ~~thoughts ~~

Please read and review as there always welcomed and appreciated.


 

It had taken the two teenagers awhile to climb through the air vents, it was night time when they finally reached the surface, the two decided to rest for a moment after their long climb to freedom.

They lay down on the grass and stared up at the night sky for the very first time. The sky was lit with an array of stars, there wasn't a single cloud in sight and the moon glowed like nothing they had ever seen before in their lives, it was different to the lights inside the place they just came from. It gave them hope that things would be different here.

Just then they heard the alarms go off inside, they have been discovered missing.

The two of them jumped up from where they had been resting and ran through the field as fast as they could.

Finally reaching a road they paused for a second before deciding to follow it, they ran until they were both out of breath, so then they walked knowing that they couldn't afford to stop.

Just then from out of nowhere a car comes driving up behind them, they briefly turn to look at the approaching car but continue to walk at a faster pace than before.  

"Jess you don't think it could be from .." the boy asked trying to hide fear in his voice.

"From the Centre, no they'd have speed up by now" the girl answered knowing that they are now in clear viewing distance of the driver.

The car drives right pass them and the teens continue to walk down the road. Just then the car stops and reverses back and stops beside them, inside they see a woman in her late thirties, she unbuckles her seat belt and leans over to the passenger side and rolls down the window slightly.

"Hi there you kids in need of a lift?" the woman asks smiling warmly.

The two look to each other before the girl answers for them. 

"Actually we do thanks for stopping for us"

"Hey don't worry about it, now you guys hop in" She says and then reaches over to the back door and pulls up the lock.

They both get seated into the back and put their seatbelts on as the woman starts to drive away.

"Oh my now where are my manners my name's Connie may are ask what your names are?"

"Well my name is Nathan and my twin sister Jessica" the boy tells her.

~~Hey I can answer for myself don't you know~~

<>

"So where can I drop you to off at I'm going as far as Dover" Connie asks unaware of the private conversation that had just gone on.

Just then a road sign passes by which reads Glen Hope next exit.

"Well that's ok were staying in the next town"

~~Was that fast enough for you?~~ She asked in his mind wanting to stick her tongue out at him but didn't, knowing that this act would seem a little strange to Connie if she were to look in the rearview mirror at that very second.

"So what were you kids doing out there by yourself?"

"We're here on vacation and we decided to go on a little road trip but my brother here forgot to check that the car had enough gas in it before we left"

<> he says sulking slightly.

~~Oh come on now don't pout just because you know my ways more believable~~

"You know I don't usually pick up hitch hikers, you never know what might happed when you let a stranger into your car. But something told me that you guys needed my help" Connie honestly informs them.

"Thank you for stopping otherwise we'd still be walking" Nathan thanks her again.

"And the Centre would have caught up with us by now" the thought rang through both their minds.

"Hey you kids don't mind if I turn the radio on?" she asks lighting the mood.

They just shake their heads in reply, as the two had never been aloud to listen to a radio before much less music, so they were both egger to have this be their first new experience in the outside world. 

 

 

When nothing goes your way, your heart begins to fade,

However hard you try, the problems seem endless.

It's your own bed you made, not gonna go away,

You just break down and cry, must be a way out of there.

No use feeling sorry for yourself, coz you've got something else.

 

Hope, there's gotta be a little bit in you and me,

Hope, the only way we're gonna keep our sanity.

Hope, there's gotta be a little bit in you and me,

Whatever it takes, hold on, keep riding through the storm.

 

Don't dream of giving up, don't dream of giving in,

Just try to keep your head, the answers are within you.

Don't think of losing heart it's tearing you apart,

Just gotta carry on, you know you can get through.

No use feeling sorry for yourself, coz you've got something else.

 

 

They stared out of the windows of the car just watching the scenery go by, not that they could really see anything clearly in the dark, but it was all so new to them they didn't care. It also gave them time to think about the recent event that had happened and think about what they would do when they got out of the car.

"Ok so where would you like me to stop?" She asks as she pulls into the main street of Glen Hope.

"Umm.. oh here's good for us" Jessica answers, caught slightly off guard as the song still playing in her head.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drop you off at your hotel?" Concern for their safety being out on the streets this late at night.

"No really here's ok for us it's not that far to walk to" Nathan says hoping that she will be happy with his response and let them leave.

"Ok well I better let you two go now as I'm sure your folks must be getting worried and wondering were you two are by now, goodbye and get home safe"

"Goodbye Connie thanks for the lift" Jessica replies.

"I hope so too" they both think as Connie drives away.