Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

 

Fallen

 

 

He smiled at his father and young clone, Jeremy. He had received e-mail a while back and wanted him to spend some time with him and the boy. They were still trying to find his mother, but that hadn’t been going along all that great. He hoped that someday they could be a family, but he knew that it couldn’t be now. Maybe in the future, but not now.

 

They had just gotten back from a day of shopping when suddenly the door barged open and all three of the occupants of the house turned around. In the doorway were Miss Parker, Sam, Sydney, Broots and another sweeper.

 

“How did you find us?”

 

“Wouldn’t you like to know the answer to that question.” She said as she looked at Jarod and then at the boy who was his clone.

 

“Please don’t do this. Let us go, please.” Jarod begged her and looked into her eyes.

 

“Sorry Jarod that is not an option.” She suddenly shifted her gun to the boy.

 

“Now lets get moving, or I shoot the boy.”

 

“You wouldn’t shoot him. He reminds you of me when I was that age.”

 

“Don’t tempt me Jarod. You know how I hate false bravado.” She glared at Jarod as she said this.

 

“I know you won’t shoot him.”

 

The sound that filled the room was explosive as the bullet flew from the gun and lodged into Jeremy’s chest.

 

“You shot him. How could you do that, Miss Parker?” Jarod glared at her in fury. He quickly made his way to the fallen pretender and checked his pulse he was gone.

 

“You killed him.” He yelled at her.

 

“Sam, go check it out. I don’t trust Jarod.”

 

Sam quickly went to the fallen boy and check. “I’m sorry, Miss Parker. He’s gone.”

 

Broots and Sydney stood there in horror at the things that had transpired the last minute. They couldn’t believe what had happened.

 

“Well, at least we have Jarod here. Let’s go home, Jarod.” She pointed the gun at him. Sam quickly put handcuffs on him and led him out.

 

“I’m so sorry, Dad.”

 

“It’s not your fault.” He glared at Miss Parker. “I thought maybe you might be like your mother, but clearly you are not.”

 

“No, no I’m not.” She turned and expected everyone else to follow.

 

Jarod glanced back at his father as he saw him kneeling by the boy. He then looked up and then down to the boy.

 

They put Jarod into the limo and drove off.

 

“I can’t believe you did that, Miss Parker. I can’t believe you shot an innocent child.” Sydney said finally finding the courage to say something to her.

 

“You lose your innocence when you step foot inside the Centre.” She replied looking out the window.