Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

Authors Note: Character death.

 

 

Sadness

 

 

 

Miss Parker grabbed the phone by her bedside she was in bed, but wasn’t able to sleep very well that night. She knew whom it was that would be calling her at this time and wondered how she was going to break the news to him.

 

“What” She said before the caller could say anything.

 

“I called Sydney, but the phone just rang. Where is he?” Jarod asked always getting to the point.

 

“I’m sorry, Jarod. Sydney died today. He was going home after work and a car hit his car sending him into a tree. He died instantly. I’m sorry, Jarod.”

 

“No, this can’t be happening.”

 

“I’m sorry, Jarod. I know how much he means to you.” She said in moment of weakness.

 

“This better not be a trap to bring me out.”

 

“It’s not. I wouldn’t do that.” She said hoping that he would believe her. She didn’t have the heart to do that to him after all he was her childhood friend after she tried to deny it after all this time.

 

“I’m sorry I blamed you.” He apologized to her knowing that she wasn’t that way. After all he had told Broots when he was on the run from the Centre that Miss Parker was many things, but she wouldn’t hurt his daughter. She tries to be tough and mean, but he knew that inside she was her mothers daughter.

 

---

A Week Later.

 

Jarod parked the car and got out making his way to the grave. Angelo had told him that they had buried Sydney next to his brother. Why he told him that and not that he had died was beyond him, but after thinking about it he knew why. If Angelo would have told him right then that he had died then he would have raced towards the Centre and he would have been caught and Angelo didn’t want that. He also knew that in Sydney’s heart he didn’t want that either.

 

He placed the flowers that he had brought and laid them on the grave. He knelt down with tears running down his eyes.

 

“I’m sorry that I never forgave you for what you did to me. I know that it wasn’t your fault that I was taken from my family and you kept me at the Centre. You were a Centre prisoner just like I was. I’m sorry I never got the chance to tell you that I’m sorry. I know that you protected me the only way that you knew how too. I’m sorry for blaming you for everything. Why did you have to die? Why did you have to leave me?”

 

He wiped away the tears from his face, but they kept on coming down. Suddenly he felt someone behind him and he quickly got up and swung around. Miss Parker was there with tears in her eyes and she was carrying a metal box in her hands.

 

“I’m not here to take you in. This was in Sydney’s desk. I was cleaning it out and found this. I know that he would want you to have it.” She held the box towards him.

 

He took the box and opened it. In it was the father’s day card that he had thought that Sydney had thrown away right in front of him.

 

“I remember this day. Sydney and I were walking towards the sim lab and I saw you with a gift. You gave it to you father and I asked Sydney why you would do that. He told me because it was Father’s Day. Later on I made this card and he threw it away in the trash in front of me.”

 

“He must have took it out of the trash after you left. I’ve always known that he thought of you as his son. I saw the pride that he would sometimes get in his eyes when you would do something good. He did love you, Jarod. I know that.”

 

“Thank you, Miss Parker.” He nodded towards the box in his hand.

 

“You’re welcome.” She said in response. “Remember he will always be with you.” She said as she turned away. She had said what he said when he saw her at her mothers gravesite. Maybe there was hope for her after all.

 

The End