Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Ethan stood by the lake glancing towards Parker and Natasha. He could see the annoyed look on his sister’s face, but inside she was dieing to see Jarod again. “Parker?” He walked up pulling her into a hug.

“Find him.” She leaned back taking her brother’s face in her hands. “Find him, and bring him back to us.”

“I will. Protect Natasha for me and get to Sydney.” Ethan smiled turning his head towards Natasha as Parker walked away from the couple.

“You remember how we meet?” Natasha whimpered as Ethan reached out taking her into his arms. “Do you remember?”

Ethan’s mind started to race as an image of two coffins flashed before him. He had read about the ‘accident’ in the paper and was determine to get to the bottom of it. He hadn’t expected Natasha to be the only mourner.

“I remember.”

“You saved me.” She touched his cheek. “Please come back to me.”

Ethan’s hand snaked down touching her belly. “Keep yourself safe, and listen to Parker. She might seem harsh but she will protect you.”

“I love you.” She touched her lips against his and pulled away. Ethan watched as the jeep pulled away as he leaned on the dirt bike. He was only taking one of his bags for this rescue mission. He had his laptop, cell phone and only a small amount of clothes. He watched as the jeep soon became a dot and vanished.

‘Pain…Pain…’ The voice echoed as Ethan started the noisy bike.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Lyle lifted up his head. “He’s still not talking and we are STUCK in this hell hole until he does.”

Jarod’s face was covered with blood as Raines reached out with a wet cloth cleaning the pretender’s face. “All we need to do now is wait.”

“They aren’t coming.” Jarod managed to mumble and Lyle reached out hitting him with the back of his hand.

“That’s enough! We can’t kill him yet.” Raines shook his head.

Jarod closed his eyes trying his best to use his mind to escape the pain of his body.

“I wish they would hurry up.”

“Every trap takes time.” Raines let out a soft laugh.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Ethan moved down the road allowing his mind to wander as he started to escape into his past. Natasha had reminded him of that time in her arms when it seemed the Centre would never come looking for him.

“You have never heard of Disney?” Natasha’s mouth opened up watching as Ethan was holding a stuff animal. “They make cartoons! Mickey Mouse? Surely you have heard of Mickey mouse??”

“I never got the chance to watch television.” Ethan blushed handing her the stuff mouse. “What does Mickey Mouse do?”

“Come on!” Natasha took his hand leading him into a huge bedroom. “I would show you in the living room but I broke my dvd player.” She smiled putting a movie inside.

Ethan narrow his eyes and smiled. “It’s rather cute.” He became painfully aware of how close she was.

“Mom and I used to watch these for hours on end.” She let out a sigh and felt her lower lip tremble.

Ethan reached out touching her cheek. “She will always be with you.”

“Have you ever lost someone?”

“I never got the chance to know my mother.” Ethan narrowed his eyes and felt the soft pull of an image of Catherine Parker.

“Did your father ever talk about her?”

Ethan opened his mouth and then shut it again thinking about his odd past. “It’s a rather long story.”

“Your lost then… like me.” Natasha’s eyes started to fill with tears.

Ethan could no longer help himself as his lips brushed against hers. She was so beautiful and so soft. The feel of her lips on his was more than he could bare.

Ethan blinked awake from his day dream as a trucker hit his horn. “WAKE UP! ARE YOU NUTS?”

Ethan pulled the bike off the road trying to regain control. The soft ringing of his cell phone alerted him. “Hello?”

“Son?” The Major’s voice was full of worry. “I have been trying to find you for sometime now.”

“Now is not a good time.” Ethan glanced around at the open road. “Give me a call in an hour. Are you near?”

“Let me call you back in an hour, son.”