Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!’ Jarod’s voice echoed out reaching into the darkness of his soul.

“Jarod!” Ethan woke up covered with sweat. Nastasha’s small hand resting on his chest as she sat up looking into his face. “It’s okay go back to sleep.”

“It’s not okay… Ethan?” She watched as Ethan reached out for a shirt and shorts. “Is it the voices again?”

Ethan stood still for just a moment glancing into her soft eyes. “Yes.”

“Let me help you!” She sat up and Ethan became aware of her bare body under the sheets. She blushed as Ethan’s eyes glazed over. “Alright maybe…”

“You are my one escape from the voices.” He reached out kissing her hands. “Something is wrong… I just need to figure out what. Go back to sleep for me, please?”

Natasha shifted back in bed watching him gather up his laptop. “I love you.”

Ethan stood still and tilted his head towards her. “I love you too, but try and sleep.” He left the room after she settled back down. He wasn’t shocked to see Miss Parker still awake gazing into the fire. She was mourning for her friend in her own way. Sam had been a loyal man. “Parker?”

“I heard it too.” Parker’s eyes never left the flames.

“I’m going to move us to a safer location, but I need you to watch Nat tomorrow.” He sat down next to her. “I’m going to go find Jarod.”

“What if he’s dead?” Miss Parker glanced towards her brother.

“He’s not.”

“If they find you… They’ll kill you.” Parker reached out touching her brother’s unshaven face. “I don’t think… I can live with that.”

“If they find you and Natasha then… They’ll kill us.”

“You think the Centre has Jarod?” Parker narrowed her eyes. “You think they are doing something awful to him… In order to find us.”

“Do you know where Sydney and Broots are?” Ethan decided it was best to change the subject. “Do you know where?”

“No… I left with Sam.. They left together… Why?”

Ethan reached out with his inner sense as an image flashed before him. “Mexico… I need to get you both to Mexico.”

“The Centre can find us in Mexico.”

“Maybe, but you’ll both will be safe enough for me to go after Jarod.” Ethan reached out turning on his laptop. He let out a deep breath noticing the mail icon.

‘Hello!’ Sydney’s face was bright and Ethan could tell the elder man now had a tan. ‘Ethan if you are hearing this then… You must have found Parker.’

“Syd! When did he send this?” Parker leaned in closer.

“A few days ago.”

‘Centre teams are now running Jarod down. He’s providing cover so you can reach us here. We won’t be able to help him or you if something should happen. Hurry… reach or location with all due speed.’

“It would help if we KNEW where!” Parker rolled her eyes but noticed her brother’s slow smirk. “Your voices told you?”

“They always do.” Ethan closed the laptop eyeing Parker. “You need some rest.”

“What I need is to strangle Jarod for doing this to me.”

“Is it really that bad?” He smiled reaching out to touch the small swell. “It’s the family you have always craved.”

“Yeah some family.” Miss Parker let out a soft whimper.

“I’ll find him.”

“I know you will, but …”

“But?” He waited as his sister started to let her own tears flow.

“How will either of you escape?” She reached out touching his cheek.

“Don’t worry about me, or Jarod.” The young man’s face broke out into a huge grin. “I would worry about the next six months.”

“Why?”

“Can you hear them?” Ethan closed his eyes.

*Giggle… Giggle… Giggle* The soft giggling of two small children echoed in his mind.

“I think it’s called twins.” Ethan watched as Parker’s eyes grew wide. “They are going to be a handful.”

“Good GOD! I’m going to kill the lab rat.” Parker groaned holding her stomach. “If I ever see him again.”

“You will… I promise.”