Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Ethan sat down on the floor watching as Miss Parker glazed into the fire. “He’ll be alright.” He reached out with his inner sense trying to search for reassurance but found none.

“Who?”

“Jarod.” Ethan shook his head eyeing her stomach. “What did you mean when you asked about Natasha being ‘far along?’”

“Did the Centre teach you nothing about birth control?” Miss Parker rolled her eyes and shook her head. “Look at me… I have the answer to that question.” She eyed her own stomach.

“Birth control?”

“Yes, brother dear.” She reached out touching his chin. “Your Natasha is pregnant.”

Ethan opened his mouth and then shut it again. “That’s…”

“Not possible? Funny that’s the same thing Jarod told me when I told him.” Parker rolled her eyes and then shut them tight. “We can’t stay here more than a day. You better go check on ….”

Ethan narrowed his eyes. “Natasha.”

“What ever.” Parker waved a hand sending him towards the other room.

He slowly opened the door to the back bedroom finding her curled up under the covers wearing one of his gray t-shirts. “Nat?” He moved towards her putting a hand on her hip.

“Coming to bed?” She touched his chin. She lifted her body up to blaze a trail of kisses down his neck.

“We should talk, Natasha.” He had spent two months without her soft touch. Her hands grew bold and she wrapped the covers around the two of them. “Natasha.”

“Didn’t you miss me? I’ve missed you!” Her body pressed against his and he let out a soft moan.

She was so young! At first Ethan thought she was twenty, but was later shocked to learn she was only eighteen. He blushed looking down into her eyes. She was his escape. Like his bike! He leaned in closer kissing her lips as she moved to deepen the kiss. He felt his own hand now slide under the gray shirt to feel her silky skin. “Nat?” He stopped feeling the small swell of her belly. Parker had been right! She was pregnant! He quickly pulled away looking into her eyes.

‘When Ethan comes here… Go with him.’ Jarod moved in closer. ‘Your life is in danger, and the life of your child.’

Ethan felt the pull of his inner voice and then glanced into her eyes. “When did you see Jarod?”

“Who?”

“My brother?” He felt his lower lip tremble. “When did you see him?”

“You mean Tom?” She blinked touching his chest.

“His real name is Jarod.” Ethan let out a chuckle. He shouldn’t be surprise that Jarod was tracing his footsteps.

“He showed up a few days before you did.”

Ethan let out a sigh rolling onto his back carrying her with him. “How did he look?”

“Tired! I thought he was crazy, but he knew your name. He even gave me your picture. You never allowed me to take our picture when we were together. Isn’t it time you tell me what is going on?”

“Tell me about the baby.” Ethan reached out touching her belly. The Centre could make a fresh start with a new ‘Pretender’ group! Jarod’s child with Parker, and his child with Natasha was all they needed.

“I found out just before he showed up.” Natasha frowned glancing into his eyes. I started to have these weird dreams before Jarod showed up. I sometimes think I’m going crazy. I hear a voice.”

Ethan closed his eyes for just a moment.

“Ethan, is something wrong with me?” She shivered in his arms. “Am I going crazy?”

“It’s the baby.” He smiled doing his best to reassure her. “Your not going crazy.”

She lifted her head up glancing into his dark eyes. “How can you be so sure?”

“You know those times I….”

“You end up day dreaming?” Natasha smiled watching as Ethan nodded.

“The voices…my inner sense is demanding attention.” He touched her chin and reached out with his lips doing his best to smooth her worry. “Sometimes it warns me of danger, and other times it tells me other things…”

“Like?” She giggled as Ethan’s lips went even lower.

Ethan’s face broke out into a huge smile as he lifted up the shirt. “It’s hard to explain, but…. “ He lowered his lips causing her to let out a small yelp of pleasure. “When to shut up for starters.” Ethan laughed as his lips trailed downward.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

“Jarod has four sweeper teams on him.” Lyle shook his head. “It shouldn’t be long now.”

“Your earlier team failed to find Parker!” Raines let out a groan. “We lost three men in that exchange.”

“Well it would have helped if you…” Lyle let out a hiss as Raines quieted him.

“I don’t want to hear it. What’s worse is the girl has now disappeared. She wasn’t suppose to be a target yet.”

“One of the teams reported that Jarod was seen with the girl.” Lyle shook his head. “One of YOUR teams.”

“We don’t want to miss this chance. If Jarod and Ethan manage to team up… We could loose them all.”

Lyle shook his head watching as the old man glanced outside.