Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

“Ethan?” Natasha walked into the cabin. Ethan glanced up into her eyes. “Is he?”

“Not yet, but stay with him.” Ethan pulled Sam’s pistol out. “Take this.”

“Gun? A gun?” Nat’s eyes grew wide and Ethan reached out with his hands placing her hands on Sam’s wound.

“Keep your hands here.”

“Where are you going?” Natasha glanced up her lower lip trembling. “Will you be coming back?”

Ethan reached out hugging her neck. “I promise. Stay here and try to keep him warm.” Ethan raced into the woods pulling out his own gun and glancing at the tire tracks.

‘River, river, river.’ The inner voice called out and Ethan heard the rushing water from the small river. He raced towards it stopping for a moment using a tree for cover. Three shots ran out and he froze.

“The Centre demands your presence, Miss Parker.” A man smiled grinned reaching out with his hand. “If you’ll just come with me.”

Ethan raised his gun.

‘Fire, Fire, Fire.’

He closed his eyes unsure of his aim and squeezed the trigger. He felt his stomach twist as he watched the sweeper fell to his knees. He closed his eyes again feeling his stomach now twist and emptying itself of it’s contents. He glanced back up into her smiling face.

“It’s about damn time.” Parker smiled helping Ethan.

“Are there more of them?”

“No we are safe for now, but we can’t stay here.” Parker glanced into Ethan’s eyes amused that he was glancing at her swollen belly. “Yeah the lab rat got me good.”

“Jarod?”

“No! The cookie monster!” Parker held onto him and rush back into the cabin. “Who in the hell is this?” She glanced into the barrel of Sam’s gun.

“Natasha… This is my sister… “ Ethan reached out lowering the woman’s trembling hand.

“How are you feeling?” Parker reached down touching the sweeper’s wound.

“Leave me.” Sam groaned. “You are going to have to!”

“They’ll kill you.” Parker narrowed her eyes.

“I’m already dead.” Sam pushed Parker’s hand away. “You better leave with the kids.” Sam leaned down reaching out and taking the gun from Natasha’s hand. “They’ll be coming any moment!”

“We have to go.” Ethan reached out pulling on both women.

“Ethan we aren’t going to fit on your bike.”

“We’ll take my car.” Parker glanced back towards Sam. “Sam?”

“GO!” He let out a roar as they headed outdoors. Ethan undid his saddle bags grabbing his laptop and spare clothing. He tossed Natasha’s back towards her. “Where’s the car?”

“We need to walk some.” Parker glanced back towards the younger woman. “ I see the lab rat wasn’t the only one who was busy! How far along is she?”

“Along?” Ethan glanced at his sister clueless.

“Never mind. Are you coming Tash?” Parker barked out as Natasha did her best to climb up the small hill.

“The name is.. Natasha!”

Ethan closed his eyes for just a moment trying to reach out with his inner sense. “Parker?” Ethan stopped her, and she let out a gasp. “When did that happen?” He pointed towards her belly.

“I was…..” Parker stood still for just a moment. “This is hardly the time for me to explain it to you.”

“Does she do anything but yell?” Natasha let out a hiss, and Parker turned around.

“Listen…” She opened her mouth and Ethan glared towards his sister.

“Yes?”

“Forget it.” Parker turned back around heading up the hill.

“She seems rather cold.” Natasha reached out as Ethan held her hand.

“It’s how she was brought up.”

“Your not that way.” Natasha smiled touching his cheek.

“HELLO? People trying to kill us!” Parker smirked watching the two share a soft tender kiss.

Jealous!’ Ethan let out a laugh at his own inner voice’s response to Miss Parker’s soft roar.