Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
This vignette is an ode to Harry Potter..
Disclaimer: I do not own The Pretender nor do I have any rights to use them. NBC, TNT and whoever else holds all rights and I dare to use them without permission. This is a piece of non-profit fanfiction so please do not sue. Harry Potter and all related things belong to J.K. Rowling and I really love her for writing these books. So I want to dedicate this story to her.


Title: Afternoon at Central Park
By: CHris
e-mail address : kylaparker@hotmail.com
Rated: G
Category: S
Spoilers: None
Keywords: This vignette is an ode to Harry Potter..


Jarod had been staring at the young boy for more than an hour now. He was in New York's Central Park, watching people. The young boy, around eight or nine years old, was wearing blue jeans and old soccer shoes. He had brown hair that was sticking in all directions from his head and he was wearing spectacles. A huge black sweater was draped around his shoulders and something that looked like a small dustbin was on his head. He was waving around the air with a -- loo brush?? The whole time the little boy was jumping around in the park, fighting invisible enemies with his loo brush. Jarod got up and walked over to the boy.
"Hey young man, what are you doing there?"
"I'm fighting dragons."
"With a loo brush?"
"This is my magic wand."
"Uuh, OK. What's you name?"
"I'm Harry, Harry Potter."
"Hi, I'm Jarod."
"You're not impressed?"
"Impressed? By what?"
"I'm Harry Potter," the boy repeated.
"Have we met before?"
For a moment it looked to Jarod as if Harry would hit him with his loo brush but he but then the boy only shot him a mysterious glance and started to explain.
"You have never heard of Harry Potter, the famous little wizard at Hogwards?"
"What is Hogwards?" Jarod asked.
"Hogwards School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry."
"Tell me more about this school."
"You have never read the Harry Potter books?"
"Oh, it's just a book. Now I understand."
"You understand nothing!! Hogwards is real and I'm Harry Potter."
"What's your real name?"
"Harry. Harry Porter."
"Sounds much like Harry Potter, does it?"
Harry only nodded.
"Do you want to play with me? You could be Percy or Snape, the bad guys."
"I don't want to be a bad guy, Harry, I've always been one of the good."
"OK, so search yourself a wand and -- well, you can be Ron, Harry's best friend. You can help me fight the dragon. You haven't got a broom with you?"
"Uuh, no, but I could use my magic umbrella. Is that OK?"
"Fine. So, what's your name?"
"I could be this Ron you told me about. I don't know the book you told me about. Can you tell me more about it?"
"Sure. Where's your wand? Do you have a pencil? It can be your wand."
Jarod smiled. This little boy was cute and somehow reminded him a little of Angelo when he was little. He would play along for a while. It was like pretend without any use but it was fun. Fighting dragons. He took a pencil from his bag and waved it around like Harry waved his loo brush. He wondered what it would look like to an outsider. A grown up man waving a pencil and an umbrella. He smiled. He finally had some time to catch up on his childhood he never had.
They fought with dragons for half an hour until Harry was too exhausted to hold onto his loo brush any longer. He slumped to the ground, the huge black sweater and the dustbin from his head fell to the ground.
"You are no normal grown-up," Harry stated. "My dad would never have done that and he is quite normal."
"Normal? Well, maybe not. But it was real fun. Why were we fighting the dragon by the way?"
"Dragons are evil and it wanted to kill us. We saved the world. Well, Jarod, I have to go home now. Can we meet again? Will you help me fighting dragons again?"
"Tomorrow afternoon?"
"Fine! Here, take my book and read it!! See you tomorrow then! Bye Jarod!"
He looked at the book Harry had given him. The loo brush and the sweater were still lying on the ground next to him. He picked both things up and put them in his bag then he sat down on the nearest park bench and began to read:

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
by J. K. Rowling

...