[Reviews - 86] starstarstarstarstarPrinterMicrosoft Word
Summary:

 Jarod's a prisoner of The Triumvirate. This is the sequel to Conflict Zero.


Rated: PG 13
Categories: Post IOTH
Characters: Broots, Jarod, Jarod's Family, Lyle, Miss Parker, Mr Raines, Original Character, Other Centre Character, Sam, Sydney, The Clone
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Warning: Violence
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: No Word count: 68396 Read: 85983
Published: 24/01/07 Updated: 16/09/08

1. Prologue by KatieQ [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1557 words)

A/N – Hey all – here is the sequel to Conflict Zero. I strongly recommend reading that before jumping into this story, there are a couple of characters who are my own creation that were introduced earlier. This piece is a direct continuation, but I felt the need to break it into its own story because after over 20 postings and nearly 60,000 words, I needed a clean slate so to speak. For those that don’t, I have provided a small summary at the end of the prologue.

As another note – I was able to have such a great turn around time for my last story because of extended break over the holidays. I just don’t want to disappoint, but it’s not going to be possible this time around! I will do my best, but unfortunately I think I have set the bar way to high! My goal is about once a week, but maybe we’ll get lucky and be slightly faster then that.

A tremendously big thank you to both Onisius and Terra, who both volunteered there brains to this project to keep my then and thans straight, and to call me on it when I was doing the characters justice. This story now belongs to them, as much as it belongs to me! Thanks guys!! It’s been so much fun so far.

2. Chapter 1: Gone But Not Forgotten by KatieQ [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3897 words)

Here is the next instalment. Again this is the sequel to Conflict Zero. I highly recommend reading that first, or at least the brief summary found in the prologue.

Immense gratitude to Terra and Onisius for being my fabulous beta’s. Special thanks to whashaza, Jaccione and ImagIne. They know why :D.

3. Chapter 2 - Even in My Memories by KatieQ [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (4260 words)

TREMENDOUS thank-yous to Terra and Onisius.

4. Chapter 3 - My Brother by KatieQ [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4079 words)

Eternal thankyous to Onisius, Jaccione and Terra. You guys are making this so incrediably fun.
Off to do my crossword now.. if that thing in my brain cooperates. I swear it is made of metal sometimes.

Thanks also for the reviews! It's keeping me motivated.. that and threats of sweepers. No mercy!

5. Chapter 4 - And So It Begins by KatieQ [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (4461 words)

Huge thanks you to Onisius, Jacci and Terra. I couldn’t be doing it without you guys. You are making it to much fun!!

6. Chapter 5 - Help Arrives by KatieQ [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (4418 words)

Immense gratitude as always to Terra, Jacci and Onisius! Thanks guys =), couldn’t be doing it without you.

7. Chapter 6 - Worse than Isolation by KatieQ [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (3930 words)
Big thanks to Onisius, Jacci and Terra! It's to much fun! :D

8. Chapter 7 - Nightmares by KatieQ [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (5263 words)

As always, tremendous big thank you to Jacci, Onisius and Terra. Where would i be without you!!

 

9. Chapter 8 - Gathering Strength by KatieQ [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (4928 words)

As always, I have to give immense thanks for my fab beta trio of Terra, Jaccione and Onisius. This chapter was especially difficult as I have been using my right (math, nerdy part of brain) far to much and the muse has been suffering. So they do deserve a BIG thanks from me this time around. Incoherence was the theme of this. So hopefully it’s been cleaned up enough that it is now sensical. (yes I did just make up a word..)

 

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm sorry I can't respond to it right now!! Rachell sorry for neglecting the Centre side of the story.. it's back and there is a lot more to come!! :P 

10. Chapter 9 - Unlikely Allies by KatieQ [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5997 words)

Rachell – I’m sorry I made you wait so long.. I really really do feel bad. Hang in with me another week till evil stats goes away, ok??

 

Terra, Kye, Jacci you guys are awesome!! Thank you so much!!

11. Chapter 10 - Of What to Come by KatieQ [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (4654 words)

As always immense thank you and gratitute have to go to my three beta's: Terra, Jacci and Kye...


This chapter is for RaChell.. sorry for keeping you waiting ;)

12. Chapter 11 - Changing Tides by KatieQ [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (5964 words)

Thanks go out (as always) to Onisius, Jacci and the so called manatee lover esq (you make my laugh!!).. hope you enjoy!! And thanks for the reviews!! 

13. Chapter 12 - A Deal with the Devil by KatieQ [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (4723 words)

Big thanks to Jacci, Kye, Sue and Terra :D

And to everyone who has been following this story from the getgo, I apologize a million times (broken record alert!!) for the delay. I promise you I am trying my best, and I do apologize for getting you guys used to fast updates at the beginning to taper off to this. So sorry!

Avoiding your point stick Rachell...

And thanks for the reviews…really they do help keep the words flowing

14. Chapter 13 - Transitions by KatieQ [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4785 words)

The biggest of thank you goes out to Topanga. She patiently worked and reworked through this chapter with me, battled through my terrible grammar, repetitive vocabulary and don’t even get me started on dependent clauses. Thanks J Also thanks to Onisius and Jacci who helped form this chapter as well.

15. 14 Stalemate by KatieQ [Reviews - 13] starstarstarstarstar (5480 words)
First off thanks so much to Topanga who battled certain death to get this out. This gal is lucky to have such a fantastic and grammatically correct beta. Also thanks to whasaza, onisius and jacci who all took at look at this chapter whether they remember or not ;)

So after a ridiculously long wait here is the next chapter. I can only apologize for the wait. I'm finishing up my masters and it's really impossible to find quality writing time. I hope this can tide everyone over until the next chapter comes out. No promise as to time, but who knows, maybe I have a few surprises up my sleeve?

To Surrender readers, I have not given up on this fic. There will be more coming – I just cannot say when. I should be graduating by the end of this semester and some breathing room is in sight 

So to recap very briefly:

Jarod has ended up in Africa along with Lysander (the predictor introduced in the story's prequel, Conflict Sequel).

Both have been the victim of a plan of 'demise' created by Dr. Masoud, Dr. Stone and Henrik, the same pretender that caused Jarod's recapture at the end of Conflict Zero. 

Back home in Blue Cove, Miss Parker, Syd and Broots have been working tirelessly to devise a scheme to get Jared back on American soil. Their efforts were aided by the arrival of Jay (the clone) who has since left the group and is returning back to Major Charles. 

At the end of the last chapter, Lys broke free and found her way to Jarod (in the neighbouring sim lab). Both were surprised by the arrival of disgraced Dr. Visser who was caught in some act of betrayal and has been housed in the same cell complex as Jarod. 

And so we continue….