Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

“Oh, I hope you don’t mind if I call you Melissa. It’s just that your Mum always talks about her ‘little daughter Melissa’ when we meet. And when you were young your parents used your name.”

 

“I know.” She sighed. “Of course, you can call me Melissa if you want to. And I’m sorry, but I really do not remember you, Mrs. Russel.”

 

Maggie grinned.

 

“It’s no wonder. You were only about four years old, when you saw me the last time. And it’s ‘Maggie’.”

 

“Thanks ...“

 

Major Charles and his daughter observed the scene in front of them like they always did.

 

Melissa really seemed to be like Catherine in a lot of ways: Her initial insecurity which quickly would change into self- confidence which helped her to reach her goals and protect people, her outer appearance, the look on her face when she was worried, the lovingly glance when she looked at Jarod, the way she could communicate without words … But on the other hand, she was very different: She tried to act uninvolved to prevent herself from getting hurt. The way she mistrusted people.

 

Major Charles decided that all the good things her mother had passed on her hadn’t protect her from being influenced by her father and the Centre.

 

But he was optimistic that she would change in the future. Yeah, a look to Jarod was enough to be sure that he would help her to discover who she really was.