Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

She spent the next day searching through her whole house for every kind of thing that belonged to her mother.

But she soon recognized that her father had done a lot to not remind her of Catherine.

She only found a few pictures, letters and jewellery.

It was enough to make her cry half the day.

And when the night came she was so exhausted that she fell asleep very early and woke up to her alarm clock the next morning.

She took a shower and thought about Jarod and her Mum. Without him, she would never have know that she was still alive, that she hadn’t died years ago …

Jarod had been so kind. And he had trusted her. He had risked his own security to tell her what he knew.

She didn’t know anyone else who would have done anything like this for her. Not even her Dad. Especially, not her Dad …

So, when she drove to the Centre, she tried to not waste any thoughts on her horrible past, but on the future she could have, all the time she would spend with her Mum …

That’s why she looked happy when she met Broots that Monday morning …

And she really hoped that he would have a reason to get used to her good mood …