Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:

Still not mine ... *sighs*

I guess the following chapters will become very short ... but, well ... there's no getting around ...


Jarod’s apartment

He opened the door and let her step inside.

She looked around and was really surprised to see a normal furnished apartment. Normally, he just had a few things like a bed and a desk. But this flat really looked as if he had been living her for month.

Jarod knew exactly was she was wondering about when he followed her gaze.

“Lately, I haven’t been moving around as much as in the last years.”

“No wonder after you’ve found the family you’ve been searching for for so many years. I’m really glad that you’ve finally found them, Jarod.”

He looked at her and he could see the honesty in her blue eyes.

“Maybe you should sit down while I make some coffee. I’ll be back in a minute.”

So she sat down on his sofa.

It was so crazy to sit in one of Jarod’s accommodations with him in the next room, waiting for news about her mother …

When he came back with the coffee she was still so deep in thoughts that she didn’t even take any notice of him when he settled down next to her and put the cup of coffee in front of her.

After a couple of minutes, she noticed him.

“Oh, sorry, Jarod … I was just …”

“Thinking?”

“Yeah.”

She sipped at her coffee.

“Jarod?” – “Parker?”

They both began at the same moment and both smiled.

“Okay, you go first, Parker.”

“Don’t you find it crazy that I’m here with you and you’re going to tell me about my Mum?”

“Kind of. But that’s not important. I trust you because you trust me. And that’s all. I guess I really should start to tell you the things I know, shouldn’t I?”

She nodded.

„Okay. As you know Catherine wanted to safe us. And like we all know, her plan failed. But I now know they my Mum had helped her with this plan. I’m going to meet her and the rest of my family in a couple of days. You could join us and then my Mum can tell you more about how they’ve met. But for now, that’s not the point. Their plan failed and your Mum decided to disappear. She wanted to come back later and fulfil the plan. But things at the Centre got complicated and her ally at the Centre got killed. So she had no other chance than to wait. She still sometimes watched you. But then, after a few years, you were sent to boarding school and she didn’t know where you were. Only by luck, she saw you – years later – in town. And then she knew you were back. But ever since you’ve been working for the Centre you were observed by your father’s Sweepers, so she had no chance to talk to you or anything like that.

It would be too dangerous to be seen by employees of the Centre. And it would have been too dangerous for the two of them to contact you.

My parents have met her from time to time. The first time after her faked death was only luck and then they arranged meetings every few month. Always somewhere else. She always tells them that they should tell you about her should they ever meet you. And when we met it was one of the first things they said to me.

I guess you can image how shocked I was when one of the first sentences my Mum said was ‘Catherine’s alive’…”

He ended his report and looked at her.

“When will they meet?”

“About two months from now.“

She closed her eyes and tried to took deep breaths. Inhaling, exhaling, inhaling, exhaling …

“You okay?“

„I guess I will be in about two month from now.“

 

 

P.S. PLEASE review ... I'm really the kind of girl that needs motivation ...