Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
I'd like to own them, but I do NOT own them ... But the owners let Catherine die and I let her live ... so she owns me something ;-)
She couldn’t believe what he had just told her

Her mother? Alive?!

No way …

She had died years ago in a Centre lift.

It hadn’t been suicide like she had been told for years, but her mother was still dead.

There was no way she could be alive.

Now she got really angry.

“Jarod, what are you talking about?! My Mum’s dead and you know it! Why do you have to torture me like this?!”

“Miss Parker, I’m not torturing you … It’s true. I know it for sure. And I know that it must be a big shock for you. But it’s really true. Believe me. I would never lie to you. I thought you knew that I’ve always told you the truth. Ever since we’ve met at the Centre ages ago.”

She looked at him as if she wasn’t sure if she could believe him.

“How?” was all she could manage to say.

“I don’t know much either, Miss Parker. But about two weeks ago I found out where my father was staying. And I went to see him. And I found him. And last week, we were able to find my Mum and my sister, Emily. And a few days ago, we’ve met for the first time. They’ve told me a lot of things. Things you should know.

Did you know that our mothers have been friends even before your Mum got to know your father? I couldn’t believe what they’ve told me. There was so much even I had no idea of. Cruel things that have to do with the Centre and wonderful things that have to do with your and my past. And then my Mum started to tell me stories about your Mum and that they together had planned to save us and how their plan had failed and your Mum had to fake her own death.”

Miss Parker interrupted him.

“My Mum’s really alive?”

“Yes.”

“Wow.”

She closed her eyes for a moment and when she opened them again there were tears she could no longer keep back from falling.

It had been too much for her …

She sobbed and Jarod blamed himself for it. He could have told her this fact in a more sensitive way. And so he didn’t waste any thought about what he was going to do next.

He just took her into his arms and tried to sooth her with gentle words.

When she seemed to be calm enough to listen he started again.

“I’m sorry, Parker. I should have know about your reaction.”

She was still embraced and so her face wasn’t far away from his when she looked up and into his eyes.

“You’re sorry, Jarod? For what? You’ve just told me that the one thing I haven’t dared for years to dream of is true. That my Mum whom I’ve missed for so many years is still alive. You don’t have to be sorry. I should thank you.”

“You don’t have to thank me. I’m just happy that I could help you and that I’ve finally found my family. It’s just human to want to share the feeling of happiness.”

“I don’t know anyone else as unselfish as you, Jarod …”

“It’s not selfish …”

“Jarod?”

“Would you come with me to my apartment? I guess you could use a powerful coffee or something like that. And I could tell you everything I’ve found out about your Mum.”

“I would love to. - And you’ve been right, Jarod. I won’t be trying to bring you back to the Centre. Never again.”

 

P.S. You know the game: You review, I write => update! ;-) THX to my personal reviewer.