Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

 “Are you okay, Melissa?”

“It’s the first time that you use my name talking to me, not your family.”

It was a simple statement.

“Not the first time. Remember when we were young … “

“Okay, not the first time. But the first time in a long time.”

“That’s right … well …”

“Well, what, Jarod?”

“Oh, nothing.”

“Jarod?!”

“I was just thinking.”

“Yeah, that’s one of your many talents. – So, what were you thinking about?”

“About the fact that we know each other nearly our whole lives.”

“You didn’t know it before today?”

“My Mum never mentioned it.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah. I always thought that the first time we met was at the Centre, with the sheet of glass dividing us from each other.”

“I thought so, too.”

“It’s just that at that moment I thought that I felt a connection between us.”

Melissa didn’t say a word. They’d never talked about this before.

“And now I know that it wasn’t love in first sight because we had already known each other for years.”

Melissa looked at him in total shock.

And when he saw the expression on her face he realized what he had just admitted.

“I – I’m sorry, Melissa. I haven’t planned to ever tell you this. I –“

She quickly interrupted him.

“Jarod, I don’t know how to tell you this. But perfectly know what you’ve been talking about. I also felt a connection between us.”

“But that’s not what I apologized for.”

“I know. And I guess we should better talk about this. After you’ve said this it would be wiser not to bury it knowing that it had been said.”

“Yeah.”

She sat down on the bed and motioned for Jarod to do the same.

“Jarod, you know why my father had sent me to the boarding school in Europe.”

“No, I don’t.”
 
“You were the reason.”
 

“Why?”
 

“It’s the Centre. They film EVERY place. So they also filmed us. How I kissed you. That was the day when my father decided that I should never see you again. He knew that I had … feeling for you. And so he began to teach me to hate you. And, as you know, he’d succeeded for quite a long time.”

“Oh … I really didn’t know …”


“That you were the reason or that I have feelings for you.”


“Have?”


“Have …”

 
 
P.S. I’m pretty sure that Jarod knows that he’d been the reason for Mr. Parker to send his daughter to boarding school. But, hey, it’s MY story. ;-)