Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.

Author's Note: It is implied that Miss Parker is killed... So don't say I didn't warn you...
 


A Prayer
-M.





~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

/'O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee...'/

Miss Parker ran, as fast as she could. There seemed to be no where to hide. _How does it feel to be on the other side of the spectrum, Miss Parker ?

_ A voice screamed in the back of her head. She sucked in a breath and ducked behind a cold pillar. She was in SL-6, and had just witnessed the murder of a Techie-- a techie who had refused to give up any information to a man. A man in a dark suit.

/'...And I detest all my sins because of Thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who art all-good and deserving of all my love....'/

She breathed fast and hard, trying to catch herself. Her hands were shaking and seemed to have a leak, sweating profusely. Her knees shook, feet were sore from running in six inch heels. She glanced around and wondered if he was still chasing her.

He was.

/'...I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasions of sin....'/

She moved slowly away from the pillar. She turned around and there he was. Something about this man shook something deep within her. She knew she was lost. Other than doing what she would have normally, she didn't draw her gun. She ran. Ran.

/'My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things...'/

She felt his eyes on the back of her head. She stated quickly, "Back off, I didn't do anything!" Yet, she knew it wasn't true. She did do something. She saw. She was there when he had pulled his gun and shot the woman in the head. She saw her eyes widen in terror and witnessed as he pulled the trigger. The bullet flew, straight and true, reached her head and--

/'I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In his name, my God, have mercy...'/

She ran into the office, and jogged straight through, knowing he would follow her.

"Oh, damn it!" She muttered. Why wasn't she thinking right? She turned and unsheathed her gun. He walked in and turned to look at her.

"Stop or I'll shoot." She said.

He didn't listen or yield, and kept his path towards her, his gun already out. Maybe had been out already.

"Stop..." She said and when he didn't she practically screamed, "Stop!"

/'O my God, I am sorry for my sins because I have offended you...'/

She turned and ran out of the room, not waning to face this menacing, seem-to-be foe. She ran outside, slammed the door shut and looked around. She was at the elevator -- the elevator her mother was killed in. Something in her stomach turned and she knew what was coming. 'No... No... NO!!!' She screamed in her head. But it was inevitable. She backed away and to the wall, hitting the button on the wall.

/.... I know I should love you above all things....'/

The elevator opened and so did the door. She glanced up at the barrel of the gun that was soon pointed at her, and she knew it was the end. After all this is where her pain started and this is where is was going to end.

/'Help me to do penance.....'/

She stared at the man, down the barrel or the gun, and then back to him.

/'...to do better...'/

The last fiber in her wanted to lash out and shoot the man but she knew it was coming. She looked around one last time. The only place that had been home to her. Cold walls, and familiar hallways -- Dark rooms and comfortable shadows.

/' ... and to avoid anything that might lead me to sin.'/

His finger tightened... He knew he shouldn't, but he did... Miss Parker closed her eyes and spoke silently. 'I'm coming home, momma...' A tear escaped her eyes... The man fired.

/'Amen. '/

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This MAY seem a little dark. But I've been itching to write this. FEEDBACK, *PLEASE*!!!! As you all know I am very insecure... Please, tell me what you think... Was it good? Bad? Is there anything I can fix? Thanks!!! :-D