Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:

Ok tina, stop wiht the poking lol, you got your chap so settle down. This chap was posted realtively soon because of the endless reminders on msn, email and the sim by Tina.

Also, foprgot to mention last time, but Dr Mercy's name was stolen form out pretneder loving friend. Thanks Mercy! (if you even remember me stealing it lol) 


"What! Dad! You can't give this blonde bimbo Jarod! He should be mine!" Lyle roared, gesturing to the blonde at the old oak desk in the sterile white room. How could he?!

"Lyle, calm yourself. Jarod is familiar with both you and Mr Raines. He knows how to act to make you think what he needs you to think. He has had no experience with Dr Mercy so he can not manipulate her." Mr Parker stated, he knew his son wouldn't take this well, but frankly he didn't care. He would not jeopardise the Pretender project to pander to his son's wishes.

"But dad!" Lyle was on the verge of fury.

"No Lyle! I have made my choice. I am sure the good doctor will allow you access for certain projects."

Turning towards Miss Parker, he continued.

"Angel, I assure you Jarod will be punished severely for his violation, but it is time for you to move on, forget about it..." Mr Parker never got to finish what he was saying.

"Get over it?!" Jarod asked incredulous, "She was raped! How could you be so cold to your own daughter?! Have a god damn heart for once!" Jarod said in a raised voice.

"If I'm not mistaken, but weren't you the one to rape her in the first place Jarod?" Lyle spoke up, he couldn't miss this chance to inflict some sort of pain on the pretender.

Jarod sighed heavily, lowering his head and his eyes. Mr Parker continued as if he had never been interrupted,

"And Raines, again, if you ask Dr Mercy for access to the pretender, I'm sure there won't be a problem." He finished looking at Mercy, hoping she realised the last part was meant for her.

"Doctor, you may address him."

"Thank you Mr Parker." The woman said softly.

Jarod looked up at her as she stepped away from the desk and in front of him.

She was beautiful.

She had long softly curled golden blond hair. Her eyes were a warm blue, nothing like Miss Parker's ice blue. She was slightly shorter than Miss Parker and her frame was a little bigger. She had soft, voluptuous curves. Her face held a warm, friendly smile. Her eyes were trusting and friendly. She wore faded denim jeans and a soft, baby blue turtleneck jumper. She looked harmless.

"Project 302,” She said softly in a soft motherly voice, "I am doctor Mercy, I'll be taking care of you for a while."

A shiver ran down his spine at those words. That's what Sydney had said to him, and although he was grateful for the kindness and gentleness Sydney showed him, he was still locked away for almost his whole life. He didn't want it to happen again.

Looking down at Jarod, she asked the sweepers to let go of his shoulders and for Jarod to stand. Jarod wasted no time getting up. Being at everyone's height gave him at least the appearance of some control over the situation. He could do nothing if he was being held down on his knees.

"Project 302, what is your name?” She asked kindly.

"Jarod." Jarod found himself answering. Her voice, her smile, gave her a trusting appearance, he couldn't stop himself from answering her.

This must be what I make others feel like when I ask them to trust me.

"Hello Jarod. I have a few questions I would like you to answer before we leave. Is that alright?"

Jarod was taken aback. She was asking him? Jarod nodded his head softly, confusion written all over his face.

"There's no need to be confused Jarod. It's a straight and simple process. I would like to know if you really did rape Miss Parker."

Jarod hung his head in shame. Mercy lifted his head up so she could look in his eyes. "I'm not looking for a reason, or for details. Just a yes or a no Jarod. Like I said, it's simple." Mercy said softly.

"Yes." Jarod said meekly.

"Thank you Jarod. I was wondering if you would like to work with Sydney for certain SIM's."

Mercy got the response she thought she would.

"I'm not doing SIM's for them!" Jarod said angrily.

"What about for me Jarod? Would you do SIM's for me?” She asked in her gentle voice.

Looking into her eyes, Jarod was lost in her warmth. It took actual effort to shake his head no.

"I'm sorry to hear that Jarod. Maybe after a few weeks you might reconsider."

Walking over to the desk, Mercy picked up a file. Leaning against the desk, she read a few things from it.

"Project 302, Pretender Programme, known also as Jarod. Arrived at the Centre in 1963 and allocated to Doctor Sydney's care. Project 302 is the Centre's best pretender but has a moral conscience." Lowering the file, Mercy looked at Jarod. "Moral are we? I have found that, to be an extraordinarily intelligent man, and an equally moral one, is sometimes not a combination that goes hand in hand. It does not always provide for much peace. Would I be accurate on this assumption Jarod?" Mercy asked in a pleasant voice.

"Sometimes yes, but not always. Sometimes it makes for a wonderful combination." Jarod said back just as nicely.

"I see. It says here that you have a few issues with your family. More to the point, you have a few issues with not having your family."

"Wouldn't you have a few 'issues' if you were stolen from your family and kept from them your whole life?!" Jarod snapped angrily.

"Jarod, calm down. I wasn't attacking you. There was no need to defend." Mercy scolded him like a mother does to a five year old that has gotten into the cookie jar. "It also states that you have found your father, sister and brother, who was killed by Mr Lyle." Mercy looked towards Lyle. He was still furious she had gotten Jarod. "How was that?” She asked curiously.

"I don't see the point in any of this!" Miss Parker snarled, this wasn't punishment.

"Please Miss Parker, I was just trying to find out more about Jarod."

"Dr Mercy, I'm sure you can continue this when you have Jarod back in his space." Mr Parker said, trying to placate his daughter, who he could see was on the verge of losing control.

"Not a problem Mr Parker.” She replied sweetly.

Nodding towards the sweepers, Mercy closed the file. Jarod's arms were pulled sharply behind his back, as he was forced back onto his knees, where they were restrained with plastic wire just like they had been earlier at his house.

Walking over to Jarod, Mercy pulled a collar that looked suspiciously like a dog-collar, out from the back of her jeans. Calmly, without breaking eye contact, she fastened the temporary collar around his neck and attached a leash.

You could almost hear Lyle snickering in the background. The look of shocked horror on Jarod's face fuelled Lyle's delight at seeing Jarod treated like a pet.

Leaning in close to Jarod's surprised face, her breath tickling the man's cheek, Mercy whispered,

"Welcome to my world." There was something dark and dangerous in her tone and Jarod swallowed the knot of fear that formed in his throat. Taking a step back, Mercy said louder.

"Come along Jarod."

Pulling on the leash forcefully, Jarod was yanked to his feet. Mercy lead Jarod out of the room confidently, with her head held high. Jarod tried with all his might not to stumble, being hunched over and pulled along by a leash wasn't helping his walking.
#######

Miss Parker had left with a sick feeling in her stomach. This lady was twisted and would, if given the power, be the end of Jarod. Not like that was an entirely bad thought. She entered Sydney's office without knocking.

The older man was siting at his desk with a glass of scotch.

"I'm sorry Miss Parker, I thought I had taught him better than that." Miss Parker's heart sunk at the misery in Sydney's voice.

"This wasn't your fault Syd. This was Wonder-Boy's. You have no control over his actions. He is a grown man, and he will learn that actions indeed, have consequences."

"How are you coping Miss Parker?” Sydney asked, the concern was apparent in his eyes.

"I'm doing surprisingly well." Miss Parker said in confusion. "I'm disappointed and hurt that he would do this to me, I'm angry at him. I'm more disappointed though. Why is that Syd?” She asked.

It wasn't often that Parker asked for Sydney's advice or thoughts, he was quite willing to give her what she asked for.

"He has broken a trust that has taken decades to build. Even if you won't admit it, you had placed your trust in him."

"But why me? I would never have imagined Jarod ever doing this. To anyone." Parker said sadly.

"Jarod was very traumatised after the accident. He used alcohol to numb the pain he was suffering, to numb the guilt he felt over your death. When he saw you, he could have just snapped. The sight of you to much to bear."

Miss Parker tilted her head to the side with a small frown,

"Syd, after you left, Jarod asked if my leg was broken in the crash. Why would he think that?"

"Jarod was very distraught when I found him. He was blaming himself for the crash and your death. He was devastated. He was carrying around tremendous guilt over the fact that he had run and left you. It is my guess, that at the time, Jarod ran a SIM to try and work out the best course of action. But it is very likely to have turned out to be more than that. Jarod ran, and that's not like him. I think that perhaps he needed to believe so badly that your injuries were so severe, that there was no hope and that he needed it so bad, that he lost himself in the SIM. The SIM became his reality, forced upon him to ease his own sense of guilt. He might not have even realized what he was doing until he saw your leg, that it was indeed not broken."

Looking Miss Parker over, Sydney noticed her wrists. Getting up from behind his desk, the shrink walked around to the couch Parker was sitting on. Drawing her hands up to his face, Sydney commented on her bruises.

"How did you get these Miss Parker?” Sydney asked softly.

"I was cuffed to the bed, all night. The lab-rat took them off when he woke up. Sydney, I have bruises all over my body. Deep blue bruises. What did he do to me?” She asked quietly.

Sydney's head snapped up. Staring incredulously at her, he asked,

"You don't remember?"

"Like I said earlier, I don't remember much from last night."

"Then how can you be sure it was rape Miss Parker?” Sydney asked with a hint of hope.

Within a micro-second, Miss Parker's defences were back up in full swing. Standing quickly to her feet, Miss Parker crossed her arms over her chest angrily

"I was chained to the bed. I was telling Frankenstein no, repeatedly. I have bruises all over my body. And to add to this little list of joy, your experiment admitted it!" The angry woman hissed darkly.

"I'm sorry if it sounded like I doubt you, it's just that this is so out of character for Jarod."

"Take his side Syd, I don't care. I shouldn't have come here in the first place." Walking with long stride over to the door, she turned to face Sydney one more time. "I'm going to see what 'doctor',” She spat out like a bad taste, "Mercy is planing to do with the lab-rat."

#######

Jarod had been pulled along the corridors, through the lobby and lower levels. He had been pushed into and yanked out of the elevators before he was finally seated on a bed in the infirmary after they cut the restraining wire from his arms.

Two sweepers stood at both ends of the bed, and one either side of the door. Sam stood in front of Jarod, looking down at him. Dr Mercy was standing in the corner whispering to another doctor. Both turned to face Jarod and after a few minutes of talking, walked over.

"I need the cast to be removed and the bone set again. I believe that our dear Sam might have fractured it earlier at his lair. I want a complete medical done including blood test's and I want him thoroughly checked out in case he is hiding something that could help him escape. And doctor, I mean I want him checked every where." Mercy said, emphasising every.

"Yes ma'am." The male doctor said with a hint of excitement in his voice.

"Get undressed pretender." The doctor ordered as soon as Mercy had left the room.

#######

Miss Parker walked into the tech room on SL 5 trying to find Broots. After searching his office and two other tech rooms, she had finally found him. He was hunched over the computer typing furiously.

"Boo!!" Miss Parker said softly into his ear.

Broots actually fell off his chair. Climbing quickly to his feet he turned to face a smiling Miss Parker.

"Miss P-Parker?" Broots said suspiciously. He was unsure of what his eyes were seeing.

"Why am I getting this reaction lately? Yes it is me moron!"

"But your dead, h-how are you here?"

#######

Storming into Sydney's office late in the afternoon yesterday, Miss Parker was surprised to see Sydney drinking at his desk.

"Hey Syd, long time no see. Why didn't you come to see me in the infirmary?"

Sydney looked up with tired eyes. Rubbing his eyes for a few minutes and squinting them, he continued to see an impatient Miss Parker.

"Miss Parker? Is that you?” Sydney asked confused.

"Who'd you think it is Syd? The Easter bunny?" Miss Parker spat back.

"It is you!” Sydney said with a happiness in his voice the woman hadn't heard for years. Jumping up from his seat, he rushed around his desk and gave her a bear hug.

"You're alright! Thank god! I didn't want to believe it, but you were gone!"

"Sydney why didn't you visit me in the infirmary?” She asked hurt.

"I didn't know you were in there.” Sydney said honestly.

#######

"Why was I expecting you to know I wasn't dead?" Miss Parker asked annoyed.

"Debbie is going to be so happy! You're alive!" Broots said happily wrapping his arms around her.

A small smile pulled at her lips before she pushed the smiling man away. They were all so happy to see her. It was a nice feeling.

"I'm glad to see you too Broots, as strange as that is, but right now I need you to do something for me."

"Anything Miss Parker!" Broots said sitting back down. "What am I looking for?"

"Jarod."

Turning around in his seat, he looked up at his resurrected boss with a confused brow.

"Jarod?"

"I brought him back this morning." Miss Parker said quickly. There was something she wasn't letting him in on.

"I'll start in the lower sub levels then."

It took ten minutes to locate the pretender. He was in the infirmary under going a medical.

"Broots, turn the volume up."

#######

Jarod was pinned to the wall as one of the sweepers relieved him of his only piece of clothing. The cold, shivering, frightened man stood no chance as he tried to struggle against the sweeper's hold.

"Sit on the bed." The doctor in his early forties ordered.

After the sweepers let Jarod go, he slowly walked over from the wall and sat on the bed. Cutting the plaster from his arm quickly, the doctor went on with the physical.

First drawing some blood, then checking his eye sight, ear's, nose and throat. After that, he went on to checking Jarod's temperature and blood pressure.

"Let's see if you're hiding anything on you." The doctor said mainly to himself. Though the delight that was in the doctors soft voiced sent cold shivers down the man's spine.

Running his fingers through Jarod's hair a few times, he moved on to checking behind his ears. When satisfied, the doctor lifted Jarod's arms up and checked the underside of his arms and arm pits.

Pulling Jarod from the table, the doctor ordered him to turn around and grab his ankles. Jarod blanched at the instructions. Nothing would happen to him. Jarod told himself over and over again as the sweepers forced him to turn and shoved him down and instructed him again to hold his ankles.

Nothing would happen to him.

Running his hands up the inside of his thighs, the doctor moved closer to Jarod as his hands skilfully moved around to Jarod's genitals.

Jarod froze in fear, his breath caught, his eyes widened. He felt the intrusive hand probe around the area for several minutes, fondling him.

This must have been what Miss Parker felt. Only she would have been in pain too. Jarod thought sadly, he was getting some of his own medicine.

Jarod bolted upright when he felt two fingers slide into him from behind. Jarod barely registered the order to bend and grab his ankles. The sweepers once again had to force him back down and hold him still when he struggled. Jarod was terrified. He tried desperately to control his rising panic as the fingers moved around inside him. What if they decide to do to him what he had done to Parker? Would any one help him? Would any one stop them? Would any one care?

A few moments later, the invading fingers retreated.

Jarod sighed a big breath of relief as he heard the order to stand up. He had never felt such a strong sense of release as what he did now. Jarod was so relived, he almost sobbed. He happily, yet gingerly, sat on the bed when the doctor told him to, the doctor wasn't exactly gentle when he probed Jarod, and sat quietly whilst the new plaster was being wrapped around his arm.

#######

The couple had watched the events unfold on the screens in the tech room. Broots was horrified by the calmness of the doctor as he assaulted Jarod. Looking over to Miss Parker, expecting to see the same look, he was shocked to see a smile on her face.

"Miss Parker!" Broots said with a voice full of confusion and disgust. "Why are you smiling? He was just sexually assaulted!"

"Go talk to Sydney if you really want to know!" Miss Parker said angrily as she turned on her heel and left.

If this is the reaction you have for Jarod being abused like that, I really don't think I want to know what happened to make you like this! Broots thought to himself.

Miss Parker made her way quickly to the infirmary room that Jarod was in. There, standing out side of the door was Mercy looking cool as water.

"Miss Parker." Mercy said politely bowing her head. "What can I do for you?"

Smiling, Miss Parker stepped closer to the blonde.

"Nice show you had put on there."

"I'm glad you liked it. I do hope that the good doctor didn't go too far with his search." Mercy said smiling. "I wanted Jarod to feel some of what you would have felt last night. The search would have scared him straight. Now if you don't mind, I have work to do." Mercy said, dismissing the ice queen as she turned and entered the room containing Jarod.