Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I do not own The Pretender or anything affiliated with it. It is owned by TNT, NBC, and Craig & Steve. No infringement is intended and no profit is being made.

Timeline: Season Two
Author’s Note: Written in the hopes of getting my muse back. It’s really not that good. It does answer the Fanfic 100 challenge of Writer’s Choice, though.

Summary: Unincorporated: not organized or maintained as a legal corporation. It was how he lived his life.

Unincorporated
by: chopsticks
g

-----


He watched out the window as the car approached the building. An acute sense of dread filled him, and he knew the end had come; that the final discovery by The Centre had been made.

Here, he had been the man with no name. No one in this nameless town and nameless desert knew him.

Unincorporated was how the few and nameless residents referred to the small gathering of buildings at the intersection. Unincorporated was how his life had been for the last few months.

Legally, he hadn't existed. He was dead thrice over, and he was happy with that.

Dead, dead, and dead.

The door crashed down and she entered in all her glory, skirt as high as possible and gun drawn. A cruel grin washed across her face and he knew that it was all over.

"You're still alive."

"Always am, Parker."

Dead, dead, and dead.

Alive.

-----

the end.

feedback welcomed at spacedoutwriter@hotmail.com.