Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I do not own The Pretender or anything affiliated with it. It is owned by TNT, NBC, and Craig Van Sickle and Steven Long Mitchell. No infringement is intended and no profit is being made.

Dedication:
Merry Christmas, Blade!

Summary: As she dies, she will look to the rooftops and see the white reflected back in the daylight.

Daylight
Will Be Shaded In White
by: chopsticks
p g

-----


A vague sense of disquiet filled him and he looked around impatiently, hoping to alleviate his own suspicions. When he saw nothing in the immediate vicinity, he shook off the disquiet and got back to work. He figured it was his own paranoia, which was considerably large given his line of work.

He brought the scope up to his eye and watched the woman through it, squinting against the blinding daylight. She was walking down the street, foolishly assuming herself to be safe on this bright, sunny day. He thought that, after a lifetime of this, she would know to be careful.

“Never underestimate the stupidity of the human species,” he mumbled to himself as his finger tensed on the trigger, prepared to carry out his orders.

He thought it unfortunate that something as pretty as her would need to be eliminated, but his boss had insisted.

His mouth tensed into a thin line and he pulled the trigger. The bullet silently made its way into her chest cavity, and he saw her look up to the rooftops in surprise.

He stood quickly and packed his gear, making a hasty exit.

On the street below, Emily looked up and saw a white figure shimmering in the daylight, escaping from one of the rooftops. As his name touched her lips she knew she had been foolish to go outside like she had, and it had cost her life to see the sunshine one last time.

Everything faded to a blinding white, and she collapsed to the ground.

Several buildings down, Major Charles smiled grimly as he watched his daughter die through a pair of high-powered binoculars.

He would have to be sure to commend Mr. White on his flawless job.

-----

the end.

feedback welcomed at spacedoutwriter@hotmail.com.