Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Betrayal
part 6
by Amy




Sydney and Broots strolled into the psychiatrist's office, struggling to look as casual as possible. Lyle strolled in and glanced at Broots, who took one or two steps back and stared nervously at the floor. Sydney stood his ground and looked straight at the monster, "What can I do for you, Mr. Lyle?"

Lyle continued to stare at Broots, reveling in his fear. "I need you to find Angelo for me, Sydney. I know that you and Parker always keep him on a short leash."

Sydney nodded obediently, "We’ll get right on it."

"Speaking of which," Lyle glanced around casually. "Where is dear old sis?"

"Ms. Parker is continuing in the pursuit of a lead we received in New Jersey. She asked us to return to the Centre in case Jarod made contact."

Lyle nodded slowly and spun on his heel, making sure to brush lightly against Broots on his way out.

**********************************************

Jarod was working at his computer researching the affects of different head-traumas when he heard a crash in the next room. He rushed through the door and found a small lamp shattered on the floor, but his attention was immediately diverted to Ms. Parker. She was sitting hugging her knees closeto her chest with her back pressed up against the headboard. Jarod took a tentative step towards her, but she let out a whimper and squeezed her legs closer to herself. There was something very wrong here.

"Ms. Parker?" Jarod was puzzled and very worried, she should have said something by now. But when she spoke, there was no cruel jab, no hatred or sarcasm.

"Who are you?" she whispered.

Jarod felt shock ripple through him and he took a step backwards.

Amnesia.

"You don’t remember?" Jarod stepped forward again.

She frowned slightly and released one of her hands, reaching up and touching the cut on her head. She jerked back and whimpered again. Jarod finally recovered from his shock and picked up a washcloth from the nightstand, sitting beside her.

"Let me help you," he said gently. She pulled back, but he refused to give up.

"Please," he pleaded. "I just want to clean it."

She studied him for a long moment before turning so that her legs rested on the ground. He smiled approvingly and carefully cleaned the cut and bandaging it. When he finished he stood to put the cloth in the sink, but Ms. Parker caught his hand and held him.

"Please don’t leave me," she begged.

Jarod felt the silky touch of her hand enfolding his and a thrill ran up and down his spine. She had never touched him before without cuffing him or pushing him. Not since they were children. He swallowed hard and sat back down, forgetting the cloth as it fell to the floor. She refused to look at him, and instead stared at his hand as she held it. The hairs on his neck rose as she caressed his hand very gently and slowly, never looking up. Finally she picked her feet up from the floor and curled them under her, leaning over and resting her head in his lap. He watched, his heart racing, and finally began to clumsily caress her back, still trying to adjust. She eventually moved over to the pillow and he covered her with a light blanket, then sat, watching her sleep, enraptured by the beauty of her face when the ice was gone from her eyes.

TBC

feedback?!?!