Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Betrayal
part 2
by Amy







The girl set to work quickly. Mr. Lyle would not stand for imperfection in the plan. She pulled a pair of handcuffs out of her backpack and kneeled next to the stranger. Mr. Lyle had warned her that he was cunning and deceptive, but she had not been prepared for his kindness towards her. There was something in his eyes when he looked at her...a kind of sadness or guilt... She shook away the thought and turned back to him and rolled him over, cuffing him. She left him where he was and sat on the sofa, watching him sleep. He looked so innocent...Mr. Lyle had told her that this man was a murderer who had been wanted by the police for years, but somehow, she could not believe him.

She jumped at the sound of a knock at the door, and found Mr. Lyle standing there with a smug grin on his face.

"Hello Nancy," he smiled. "I trust you had no trouble?"

Nancy stepped back, revealing Jarod's limp form on the floor. Lyle walked forward and rolled him over with his foot. He crouched beside him, cocking his head slightly as he stared at Jarod's face.

"Amazing," he said quietly. "Three years he eluded us, and what finally got him was a little tramp we picked up off the street."

Nancy dropped her head, the heartless words piercing her like arrows.

"So, what do you think of her, Parker?" Lyle looked at someone behind the door and a stunning woman stalked into the room. She didn't even throw the girl a sideways glance as she walked briskly over to where Jarod lay. She glared down at him with more hatred than Nancy knew someone could have for a person. She knelt down beside him and whispered, "Congratulations wonder boy, you're coming home." She lingered for a moment longer, and Nancy thought she saw a flash of concern in her eyes, but it vanished and she stood, motioning to several men who had just entered the room with a stretcher.

"Get him to the Centre"

Nancy watched her leave, then turned to find Lyle smiling down at her.

"How would you like to come for a ride with us?" he asked quietly, fingering her hair. She jerked away and glared hatefully at him.

"All I want is for you to leave me alone," she snarled.

Lyle sighed, "Teenagers. They make things so hard on themselves. Before she knew what was happening, someone from behind her pressed a damp cloth against her face, and everything went black.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jarod woke slowly, not knowing where he was. Thanks to the Centre, he
had had many nights like this, not knowing what he was supposed to do, or who
he was supposed to be. As sensation began to return to his limbs, he
realized that his hands were pinned painfully behind him and suddenly, reality came crashing down on him. He had been betrayed. The last thing he remembered was that strange girl picking up the phone. He shook his head to try and clear his thoughts, then looked around him. His hands were tied behind him, holding him to a pillar. He looked up and finally realized why his surroundings were so familiar. He was in SL-5 of the Centre. Panic began to sweep over him, but was cut short by a soft moan. He searched the darkness and directly across from him, he saw the girl. She was tied, like he was, to a pillar and her head slumped nearly to her chest. As she slowly, began to lift her head, Jarod tried to decide what to do. He should kill this girl. She had betrayed him, returned him to this hell-hole that he had eluded for so long. But as she looked up at him, he saw in her eyes so much terrible guilt, that the hatred inside him died instantly.

"What is your name?" he asked quietly.

"Nancy," she whispered, avoiding his eyes.

"They made you do this, didn't they?"

She looked up suddenly, surprised by his understanding. There was more to this man than she thought. She nodded slowly and finally began to speak.

"Mr. Lyle found me in a shelter a couple of weeks ago. He said that he had job for me that would mean some cash. I didn't have any other choice but to accept. He took me down this alley and showed me a picture of you, saying you were a mass murderer that he was trying to track down. He said that if I helped him catch you, that he would give me enough money to last me a lifetime. I didn't believe him, but I thought I could probably get a couple bucks off him if I worked hard enough. When he told me how he wanted me to do it, I walked away right there. So he picked up this homeless kid that was walking by and held a gun up to his head. He said that for every step I that took walking away from him, he would shoot that many kids. I thought he was bluffing, so I kept going. He shot a six year old boy right there in front of me. I haven't gotten away from him since."

Jarod sat soaking in all that she said, hatred like he had never know, boiling up inside of him. That bastard. If he had known, he would walked back to the Centre on his own. But Lyle knew that. He was jerked from his reverie by the girl's voice.

"Why does he want you so bad?" she asked.

"It's a long story," Jarod muttered sardonically.

She thought for a long moment, then looked up at him.

"You aren't a murderer, are you?"

Jarod chuckled quietly, "What do you think?"

For the first time since they had met, Nancy smiled.

Lyle swaggered into the room and smiled, "Well, I am glad you two are getting along so well."

He started to say more, but was cut off by that Ms. Parker.

"Shut up, Lyle," she growled. He cleared his throat and stepped out of her way. He was still a little afraid of her, despite of the facade he tried so hard to put up. She walked slowly forward and crouched in front of Jarod.

She cocked her head and looked at him silently. With out warning, she lashed out, slapping him in the face. As he shook his head, shaking away the sting of the blow.

"That's for all those nights you played with my head, you son of a !#**%. Jarod met her angry gaze as evenly as he could, but he couldn't deny how much her hatred for him really hurt him. He heard something behind her and as she stood he saw Lyle's men yanking the girl up to her feet.

"Where are you taking her?" Jarod asked warily.

Lyle turned and smiled, "Don't worry Jarod, you'll get to watch."

Someone untied the ropes that held Jarod and pulled him to his feet, only to cuff him again. He and Nancy were pushed down the hall and into a room that was so familiar...

"Recognize it Jarod?" Lyle asked. "This is where you first stayed when you came to the Centre. This was where you performed most of your sims. I thought it would be the appropriate place to start your next sim."

Jarod looked at Lyle, a smile creeping over his lips.

"You're joking," he said. "Why the hell would I do that?"

Mr. Raines walked smugly into the room.

"Because if you don't, then this young woman will be tortured and killed," he rasped.




Feedback please!