Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Blue Cove, Deleware
The Centre
3:51 AM

The now full grown little girl crumpled the letter, allowing the words to mix together, but not to be forgotten. Flinging it to the ground, she collapsed against the wall with eyes squenched tightly together in pain as all of the emotional scars that she had been ignoring for years suddenly bled openly before the one person whom she had been hiding them from for so long.

"I know its hard, Parker, but honestly this is hardly the time or the pla-"

"Jarod! Have you no emotion?" Emily interrupted with quick words, eyes clashing with fury.

Torn, he opened and closed his mouth and stepped back with a defeated gesture.

"No, he's right. I'm fine," murmured Miss Parker, brushing the salty liquid off of her face, "let's just go."

"Are you sure, sweetie? We can wait until you fee-"

"I said I am fine," Miss Parker interjected sharply.

Emily gaped, "I uh, okay."

"Listen, Parker, they know we're here. We heard Briggite. She's guarding the mainframe entrance," Jarod said.

She turned her back to them, "then obviously we find a different entrance. Angelo?"

But the ape-like man had disappeared and there were distinctive sounds of footsteps echoing in the western vent. Looking back, Miss Parker indicated that Jarod and Emily should follow. Doing so, the three followed Angelo, with Emily caboosing.

"Are you sure he knows where to go?" Emily questioned.

To which, Jarod and Miss Parker replied in unison, "Yes."

So onward they trudged until at long last they could finally see Angelo, instead of hear him. He was peering throught the slits of the airvent. When Miss Parker crawled beside him, and took a glance through she smiled and told Jarod to back up. With a forceful kick of her boots' heel, the grate fell to the ground with a rattling echo. Emily flinched at the sound before hesitantly following the trio.

Blue Cove, Deleware
The Centre
4:00 AM

I've been in this van waiting for Miss Parker, Jarod, and Jarod's sister to come back to me, Sydney, Molly, and my dad. Not quite sure when this is going to end, I stare out the window as a light rain trickles along the glass.

"Daddy, are they almost done?" I ask.

"Shh, Deb, not yet," he answered.

"They havn't really done anything yet have they?" Molly commented.

I shuffled my feet as Emily's voice came through the radio waves, "we've entered the main control room and woah-- Jarod, look out!"

My interest mounted as I heard several voices and scuffling. There were some groans and shrieks and then silence. Daddy's eyes were getting really big and Sydney attempted to put a calm exterior shielding his features, but his eyes were troubled as he waited for a sign that they were all all right.

"Emily, come in. Over," my dad said, "Emily, Jarod, Miss Parker? Someone come in. Over." We waited a little while longer.

Blue Cove, Deleware
The Centre
4:07 AM

Miss Parker spoke into her walkie talkie, "there was an infiltration of nasty pests. We took care of them, but," she took a deep breath even though she had been panting the entire time, "Emily was shot in the scuffle. And Jarod's bleeding again. Might've reopened the wound or something. He says he's fine, thought I doubt that. He's such a stubborn little jack--"

"I am perfectly okay, Parker!" Jarod said, who had been listening.

"Do you need to get out now?" Broots' voice was heard through the static.

"No. Jarod's breaking codes in the mainframe right now. Since he designed most of the security system and I know some of it, it shouldn't take that long," Miss Parker responded, "let me take care of Emily now."

"All right, Miss Parker. Over and out," Broots replied.

Miss Parker rolled her eyes at Broots' radio lingo. Kneeling down beside Emily, who was slumped against the wall with Angelo at her side, she inspected the bleeding wound.

"Hello, love," came the snobby voice of an armed blonde.

Miss Parker's gun rose in front of her before she did. The two were in an old western-like stand off, guns poised ready for action.

"I would stop typing if I were you, Jarod," Briggite ordered directively.

The typing continued and Jarod told her, "I have been waiting all my life for this moment and nobody, especially you, is going to take it."

"That's right, babe, its time for you to take a long long walk into that fiery pit in which you belong," Miss Parker cocked her gun smoothly.

"I don't think so, unless your little lab rat joins me," she said, steering her gun towards Jarod, who was attempting to ignore her and continue typing. His already rapid pace intensified.

"You wouldn't dare; you need him too much," the brunnette reminded her.

Briggite scoffed, "that's what we thought about you, but Daddy Dearest had no problem with issuing a shoot-to-kill order on you."

"News that is not. The former man, posing as my brother, informed me of that right before I shot him."

"Well, you didn't kill him you know. He's looking for you right now."

"Ahh, but you missed out on the fact that I did kill him, when he turned up in Virginia, attempting to kill Frakenboy."

"If you think that's all there is to that, so be it. I always knew that your emotions would be your defeat," Briggite changed the subject, "your feelings for the pretender have always been there, causing what could have been a superior weapon to falter."

"I am still a weapon, but now I'm my own weapon. And you are about to feel the pain for what you've done to me and everyone I cared about."

"If this is about the plumber, let me say that I was following orders at the time, but that now I relish in the pleasure it gives me to recall the blood streaming down his face as he muttered his last words."

Lightening erupted in Miss Parker's eyes, and Jarod's typing slowed to the pace of a child's from his seat behind the computer, but both remained silent.

Choosing to go on, Briggite grinned like a sour elf, "looked like he was going to cry, he did. 'Not Parker.' Such noble last words. Don't you agree, Miss Parker? I suppose you would like a reinactment, so let's see if Jarod says the same thing as dear Tom-Tom did."

There was a gunshot and the sound of a chair toppling and a body hitting the floor.