Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used
without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.




False Hope
part 2
by startdust_2006






SOMEWHERE OUT THERE

Jarod looked at his hotel room clock. It read 4:32 am. Another sleepless night, one of many for him. Turning off the small TV in the corner, he took out his cell phone and hit speed dial 1. Sighing he though of Miss Parker and her relentless hunt to bring him back to the center. So aloof, so rigid, the women sometimes scared him out of his wits. She was nothing like the girl he knew and that saddened him. The phone continued to ring and then her answering machine picked up.

‘Where was she at this hour?’ Jarod thought as he pressed speed dial 2. He smiled; it was a guarantee that she would answer her cell phone. She took it with her everywhere. Yet again the phone rang.

***

BLUE COVE

Miss Parker sighed as she listened to the phone ring. She knew who it was and decided against answering it. Swirling wine in her favorite crystal she thought about her own actions to help Jarod. Of all things, he should know her better than that. He should have known about her thoughts on the center, his brother, pretending. There the key word, pretending. A harsh laugh escaped her lips.

‘If only they knew what I great pretender I am. Look at me. A façade of being heartless and emotionless and they all believe this is who I am. Thank the G-ds for the few who know me well’ Parker let the phone ring on. Getting up from her couch she exchanged her glass for an overnight bag and walked out of the house.

“It’s time for the truth to come out. It is time for all of us to be free and for the purification of the Parker legacy” With that she locked the doors to her mother’s house.

***

TOKOYO, JAPAN

Akira Tony Tanaka answered his cell to hear the voice of a dear friend.

“Ahhh, AngieBabe, how are you? Life treating you well?” he spoke jovially to the women he considered to be his little sister.

“Fine as can be. I have a request. How would you like to escalate the plan and bring in the last few players and get this game over with?” someone replied in perfect Japanese.

“Now that would be a pleasure. It’s time to see the center cry. I will meet in the designated place call K and L. Remember, your pretend ends here for a while so when I see you next, I want to see the real you, deal?”

“Of course….now get some sleep and get your ass over here” Tanaka’s laugh could be heard throughout his house.

***

SOMEWHERE OUT THERE

Jarod had called Sydney in order to solve the Missing Miss Parker mystery only to fin that no one at the Centre knew where she was. Worried and angered by her saddened disappearance, Jarod put of his pretend and began packing to return to Blue Cove.

“Where the hell is she? She isn’t a pretender so how the hell can she allude one?” Jarod growled. Suddenly, his laptop beeped, ‘Mail Call’.

Opening his account, Jarod gasped at the message.

“J,
Are you sure you brother’s dead? Did you see the body after the van blew up? It is time for all the secrets to be revealed. Are you ready to meet the players because they are ready to meet you? Come to the Pizza Joe’s in Boston. Be there in two days for the TRUTH.
The liberators”

Confused yet intrigued, Jarod began to furiously type away hoping to better understand the letter.

***

BLUE COVE

Sydney and Broots received a similar message. Exchanging worried looks, they began to search for more clues in the Centre mainframe.