Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Thank you for all the reviews... It is very important for me. Don't be scared, I sware that I am going to finish this story. But I intend to be an applicant for Berkeley so I have work to do. But for me this is also some kind of work... Practicing my english

So here it goes


Chapter 1:

Jarod didn't experienced such a feeling for years: fear. Yes, fear from being captured, fear from experiencing another time the feeling of being betrayed by your first friend. It is like are being stabbed in the hearth again and again by million and million knifes and you can't do anything against it. But the most difficult part is the afterwards when realization hits you. When you understand that this so called friend, a creation of your mind, of your soul and of your hearth don't give a damn about you, don't fell sorry for anything that can affect you and the worst: enjoy your situation. Is it the reason why he had run from Miss Parker this afternoon? In some part yes. Fear was a reason which he could invoke. But if he was honnest with himself he wasn't affraid of Miss Parker. He was affraid of the Centre, of what might happen to him if he let her catch him.

In fact, he had run from Miss Parker not from fear, not for self preservation but from hate, from anger, from distrust and from disgust. Yes he had run from Miss Parker because he hated her, he was disgusted by her...

When Jarod had turned to run from her, Miss Parker felt very upset. Her feelings changed immediately from stupor to anger. But this anger was not the same anger that she had been feeling in the past when she missed Jarod in some wild goose chase. This anger was actually more close to misery, to sorrow and not to rage. Yes she was sad when she realized that Jarod chose to ignore her and to flee from her. But the more painful thing was the expression on his face: hard. Hard and angry. In the past, when Jarod was running from her, he always had this boyish and taunting grin like he was sayin "Not this time, but you might try again". But today there wasn't any smile on his face when he saw her... There wasn't any rictus, any sign of warm feelings, nothing except these two hard brown eyes who had caught her expressing such hardness that she wasn't aware he could express. Nothing except his jaw that tightened when he realized that is was her in front of him.

It was the first time that she had experienced such anger emanating from him towards her. In the past, even when the pretender was really mad at her, there was always a glimpse of pleading, of compassion, of humlanity in his eyes. But today there was not.

Lost in her thoughts, she suddenly became aware that she hadn't moved from her original place. When Jarod had begun to turn away, she hadn't followed him, she hadn't run after him. She had just whispered his name with a shaky voice: Jarod... It was not the angry, powerfull, determined Jarod of the huntress but a low, unsteady and pleading Jarod...

Since he had escaped from the Centre, Jarod had always felt safe around people. He was constantly enjoying long walks among the busy and impatient people of the great cities. Paris was no exception.

He was currently standing in front of the Saint Sulpice church, one of the many architectural splendors of Paris. But, unlike the tourists, he wasn't here to appreciate the outstanding aura of the building. No he was here to observe them, to melt with them, to become one of them. He let his eyes travel around the square to find a happy Japanese family heading towards the cute little shop giggling and savouring their moments together. He wondred for a brief instant if he will ever be able to enjoy one of these moments in his life with his loved ones.

He decided to move towards the Raspail Boulevard without a fixed idea. Just for walking. He was going to walk among people without any goal: only walk, walk and maybe think.

The 16th district of Paris, "Le seizieme arrondissement", was definitely one of the most interesting of the french capital. It was full of students, tourists, artists... If you walk through one of its streets you isntantly feel alive. But Jarod wasn't in this state of mind. He was thinking of his previous encounter whith his nemesis. Why was she here? What a question ! To catch you of course! He was upset: after four successful years in avoiding the Centre and its operatives, she was here. He couldn't let her interfer with his project. He couldn't let her destroy an hypothetical moment that he was waiting for so long. He couldn't let the Centre steal him a second time from the love of his mother.

So, reluctantly, he decided to go find his huntress and to explain to her some things: he wasn't going to return to that hell and it was completely unproductive to continue the chase. He was no longer the same man... and he was going to make her understand by any means...

Miss Parker entered the lobby of the George V hotel and headed directly towards the elevators. She was completely exhausted and was eager to get some sleep after such a day. After her "encounter" with Jarod, she had gone shopping like she had planned to do but not to enjoy hersef... No she wanted to change her mind, to forget.

When she entered her room, she didn't notice the shadowy figure sitted on the chair in the corner of the room next to the window. She headed towards the bedroom but was stopped by the pretender's voice:

"Stop"

She nearly gasped when she saw Jarod's form moving from the shadows towards her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked. His voice was cold and emotionless but she quickly regained her composure and unholstered her gun pointing it directly towards him.

"Why ratboy you are in my room, I am the one who should be asking you this question"

Jarod sighed heavily and looked directly towards her: "You know what I mean..." He looked at her gun "I see that you have kept the same weapon... How charming! It is to remerber the good times isn't it?"

She lowered her eyes with sadness towards her gun and growled: "It is a good piece - Yes I tasted it...in all the senses of the word."

Suddenly, Jarod grabbed her ankle and twisted it with extreme violence making her loose her weapon and scream: "You're hurting me!

-Not as much as I want" She didn't ket him see how his latest sentence hurted her much more.

Jarod shoved her onto the sofa but she raised in the second only to be greeted by her weapon aimed at her.

"Now you are going to listen to me for once. There is no way that I'm going back. No way! Never! Never! Do you hear me!" Miss Parker's eyes widened as she witnessed Jarod's sudden outburst but she remained still.

"I'm here on vacation

-Wow! The Ice Queen enjoying herself! But I think that you have to possess a hearth to actually enjoy yourself"

Miss Parker didn't respond.

"I wonder how you do it. I mean how you enjoy yourself without feeling anything... But wait, it is obvious: the great wore of the Centre don't feel anything, she uses and manipulates for her purposes. Did you ever treated someone whit genuine concern? Did you ever felt like humans do with other persons? Hell you didn't! Even with a man who wanted to make you happy, you didn't! You used him like all the others!"

Miss Parker knew that he was talking about Thomas and slapped him hard with tears in her eyes. "How dare you!

- Oh yes I dare! And I have to. You see this where I wanted us to be. This is the end Miss Parker! This is the last time and it is the right goodbye! We don't need it because from this moment I don't know you anymore! I don't know you anymore and I wish I never knew you in the first place! You know my only regret is to have waisted five years of trying to help you figure out the death of your mother trying to save you from the lies. But you don't deserve it! You don't deserve a mother like Catherine Parker! Hell you don't deserve any mother! You don't deserve nothing Miss Parker, nothing..."

With that, Jarod left the room leaving Miss Parker alone and sobbing heavily.



PS: I have a lot of work to do this week. So I probably will post the 2nd chapter in the week end or so. Sorry! But remember, I will finish this story with your help so review. Oh I intend to enter in the depth of the story by introducing the Centre carachters in the next chapter.