Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Second in the 'DMV' series. Standard disclaimers apply

Miss Parker and the DMV

by Sarah






Miss Parker was standing in line, as she had been for the last two hours. She was getting very mad. Actually, that was an
understatement. Miss Parker was waaaaaaay past mad. She was plain furious. She stalked to the front of the line and slammed
her hands down on the counter.

"Yeeeeeeeeess?" The clerk was sappily sweet. "Can I help yew?"

Miss Parker spit out the words. "Yes. You can let me get my drivers license renewed right now."

The lady smiled. "Ahm sorry, Ma'am, but ah cahn't dew thet raght now. Yew'll have ta go tew the bahck uv the lahn, Ma'am."
She waved her hand towards the end of the line, which now stretched out the door.

Miss Parker grinned tightly. "Well, I'm afraid I don't have the time to wait at the end of the line. Why don't you help me now,
and nobody gets hurt."

The lady's face turned hard. "Back of the lahn, Miss. Thenk yew. Next!"

Miss Parker stomped to the back of the line. She waited. She tapped her foot. She buffed her nails. Thirty minutes later she was no closer to the front of the line. OK, she thought, this is it! I'm ending this right now! She reached behind her back and grasped the handle of the 9mm. Slowly she brought it around in front of her and tapped the man's shoulder in front of her. The man turned, disgusted, then when he saw the gun and his eyes widened. Without a word he ran out of the DMV. The next lady in line did the same thing, as did the next man. Soon Miss Parker was the only one in the line. She smiled at the clerk.

"Now, shall we continue?"