Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The pretender is owned by Fox TV, TNT (& NBC??) as well as the great creators. I don't own any characters form the show.

Charity, Catherine (Not Catherine Parker), the Rogers family are my own creation.

Author's's note: Thank you Gables for all your help with the typos and ideas to make parts less confusing etc. It's great to have some one to edit my fic's. All mistakes are mine and mine alone.



For Catherine
Part two
By: Starbeam




Mr. Lyle smiled down at his find and pushed the button to SL-27. The elevator reached SL-27 and the doors opened to two sweepers. They each picked up one of the girls and carried them down the hall to one of the remaining labs.

"What have we here?" Raines asked as the sweepers put both sleeping girls down hospital beds.

"Miss Charge and her sister, or so she says." Lyle told him

"Both young and healthy looking." Raines said "They younger one is most likely Miss Charge's clone. You found them both on Sydney's sublevel?"

"Yes they were together." Lyle said

"Wonderful and both you belive to be Multiple Gifted. This is much better then I'd hoped for, Lyle. I asked for two young heath MG's and you find me two so alike. Well done." Raines said looking at the two girls as they slept.

"We need their name's so I can get you their files." Lyle said looking at Charity. Raines nodded as he went about restraining the two girls to their respected hospital beds.

*********

I woke with a start and looked around. My sister laid on a hospital bed restrain as did I. I turned my head and came face to face with Mr. Lyle.

"I hope you slept well. " He said smiling. "Now I'd like you to let me your real name, young lady."

"If you have permission to do whatever it is you're up to, then you'd have our names on the permission forms." I answered.

"You see, Miss Charge, I work here and you live here. I asked you your name so you're to give it. Understand?" He said

"No" I answered "You see, Mr. Lyle, I know you'd have no need to ask if you had the forms-"

"That's enough." I heard from the shadowed area behind Lyle. "Tell us your name, young lady."

I shook my head.

(Flash back)

"You're to tell no one that you are related to each other." One of the Triumvirate member's said. "Do you understand, Charity?"

"Yes" I answered

"If you do you will lose the privilege to stay at your father's house while he is in Blue Cove and we will make him forget who you are."

He man stepped into view carrying a syringe. I flinched at the sight.

""I'm Mr. Raines and you're?" He said

"Mr. Raines, please just talk to Mr. Parker." I said as he walked over to me.

"I'm asking you." He said

"I don't belive you have the Tower's permission to have us be a part of this." I said

"I have all the permission I need." He told me

"From who?" I asked

"Miss Charge this is drug number 12,342. I invented it and I must say it's quite useful. I call it pain." He said holding my arm. "I only asked for your name's."

"Sir, please." I cried closing my eyes.

"Name's?" He asked

I said nothing.

"I really don't want to use this on you, but I'm left with little choice." He said poking the needle into my vein. I shuddered. "Your name's?"

"I can't" I said weakly.

Suddenly ever muscle in my body shook with pain.

"Please" I cried out. "I can't tell you. Mr. Parker, please sir, talk to him."

"Young lady, just your name's" He said softly.

I laid there as my muscles shook and throbbed. An hour later I could take in no more.

"Mercy." I wept beginning to feel faint. "I-I-I-"

"Do you understand who is in charge now?" He asked

I nodded.

"Good girl." He said then gave me another shot. My body went numb then back to normal as if the hour of pain had never happened, but my mind remembered.

"Charity" I cried

"And your clone?" He asked

I looked at him and sighed.

"Her name is Catherine." I said

"And she is your clone right? Not your sister as you told Mr Lyle?" He asked

"Yes sir, Catherine is my clone." I said

"Who" Lyle stormed putting his face inches from mine. "Who gave that thing that name?"

I read pure rage from him and began to shake with fear. There was no way to get away from him and I didn't understand why he was so mad.

"I don't know" I answered

"I don't belive you." He took my arms and began shaking them. "Who gave that thing that name." He spat. The restraints tore at my skin.

"I don't know." I cried "Please, sir, you're hurting me."

"Enough!" Raines barked pulling Lyle back.

I trembled looking up at Mr. Lyle trying to understand his anger.

"Go get their files from Sydney's office." Raines told him.

"Fine" Lyle huffed looking at me. Then he turned and stormed out of the lab.

I looked over at Catherine with tears in my eyes.

"It's only her name." I cried softly.

Raines took off one of the restraints from my right risk and cleaned the wound then he wrapped gauze around it and put the restraint back. He did the same with my left risk.

"Please let us go." I asked as I felt another needle in my arm. I soon fell asleep.

I woke and turned to Catherine after hearing her whimpering.

"No, please leave her alone.." I cried "She's only a baby."

Three men stood around her each in a white lab coat. One was drawing her blood. Another was writing on a chat as the other looked on.

"Young lady" Raines said angerly. I turned to him.

"Y-Yes, sir?" I asked

"I want your name's, NOW." He ordered.

"Ch-Charity and Ca-Catherine." I said softly.

"How come we can't find your files, Miss Charity?" He asked angrily.

I closed my eyes for a second then looked at him.

"I don't know, sir. Maybe Sydney took them with him? He did that some files on his trip. I was in his office when he got them. We were on our way back from a project." I told him.

"Every well." He nodded "He might have them."

Lyle bent down and said to me. "Catherine is not a name for a thing."

"She's NOT a thing." I barked "She's a person."

"She's a copy of a person. A copy is not real." He said watching the men walk away from Catherine and out of the room.

"She's a person. It not her fault she's a clone." I snapped

"Debate this later." Raines ordered "We have our subjects and that is was we needed."

"At least we won't need to use a Real person for the experiment." Lyle said to me. "You're a pain, but you're worth something or the Centre wouldn't have cloned you."

"No" I yelled "Please, Mr. Raines, d-don't hurt her. U-use me."

"You really seem to care about her." Raines said turning to me. "You are older and your heart in stronger."

I nodded

"Every well." He said "Put Catherine back to sleep."

"No" Catherine cried

"Sleep, baby" I said softly "You'll be OK. I'll be fine"

"Charity" She said "I love you."

"I love you too, baby." I said as she fell asleep.

"How touching." Lyle stormed."I'll go check to see how the lab work is going, but I must say that it's foolish to use a real person when you have a fake right there." He pointed at Catherine.

"She as a mind and a heart. She is as real as you and me." I said coldly.

"Hardly" He snapped before leaving.

Raines pulled a IV tube next to my hospital bed and put it into the vein on my left arm. Then he pulled on over to Catherine's bed and did the same to her.

'I don't understand why her name got him so upset.' I said to myself as Raines hooked my finger in a heart monitor. A cold shiver ran down my back. Then the door opened and two machines were pushed in. They each had a multitude of electrodes hooked to them with multiple colored wires. Each was pushed to the head of our beds.

"You said you wouldn't use her." I cried out.

"She will take your place as you did hers. I need some one to us as comparison." He said walking to the head of my bed as the sweepers left the room. "I'll let her sleep through the whole thing for your complete cooperation."

"Thank you" I said weakly as I nodded. He removed my restraints. I rubbed my risks as he walked over and removed Catherine's.