Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Yep I don't own tP or any of the characters of the show. God like I know all who does at this time. Well I think it's TNT, Fox TV and maybe NBC still does but I have no clue at this time so I'm putting them down just to be safe. I'll put them all back to where ever they belong when I'm done if I can find the place. A ever confused and hopeful Star. Hopeful of course that a TV station will be so kind as to help us out with the new-runs.

Note: I know that Sydney's last name is still unknown, but I'm using Green just because I needed a last name. Thank you Gables for your help.



For Catherine
Part Three
By:Starbeam




A lab worker came back into the room and began connecting the electrodes to Catherine's head. I watched until Raines started moving my bed to an up right poison.
"Lets see." He muttered to himself taking my head in his hands. He massaged my head for a minute then stopped at the spot were the lobes came together. My stomach turned and I began to shake. Then he began the task of connecting the electrodes to my head.

"You seem close to your clone. How long have you known her?" He asked

I sighed. "All her life, sir." I answered.

"Interesting the Centre never permitted that before." He said

**********

(Flash back)

I slowly walked down the hall listening for any noise.

"Damn" I said quietly "Which way?"

I'd never been to the South side of the Centre but really felt the need to go there. It was as if I could tell something bad was happening. If I got caught I'd end up facing Mr. Parker and then my father, but I had to find out what was going on. I turned down another hall and pushed open the one of the double doors.

"Damn another failure." A man wearing a mask said. I heard the new born baby cry and gasped covering my mouth. Then the man laid the baby down in a cradle and turned to a nurse.

"Should I take it away?" She asked.

"Tell Mr. Parker that Project Gem isn't going well and ask him what to do. This one has two of Miss Charity's abilities, but I can't clone her exactly." He said shaking his head. "At least it's alive."

"No" I whispered "God, no."

The nurse started my way. I quickly walked to the door next to the lab and went inside. There in the room were the failed attempts.

'Why?' I asked myself 'They were able to clone others. What happened?' I looked away.


*********

Raines turned my head to the right continuing the task. I laid there wishing for away out.

"You really see her as a person?" He asked

"If you didn't know she was a clone then you would, too. She is a person. She's has her own mind and all that goes with being a human." I told him.

"You called her your sister before. Is that how you see her?" He asked

"Yes, sir." I answered wondering why he was asking these questions. I wanted to read him, but I held back because I fearsome that I'd know what he was going to do to me and be unable to stop from trying to fight to get away. I had to do what I could to keep Catherine safe. We was trapped anyway, the door was opened by key card and there to many people to stop me especial carrying Catherine.

*********

(Flash Back)

I saw the door start to open and ducked behind a lab contained. I almost lost my lunch looking at it. Then I heard the baby cry. I looked in to see the lab worker, sitting on a stool, paying no mind to the baby.

'He has no heart' I said to myself. I watched him write notes for a few more minutes then tip- toed over to the bed. I picked up the baby and quickly carried the still crying girl out of the room. Then I started running down the hall. I stopped cold hearing voices from behind yelling for me to stop and steps from in front running in my direction. I turned a corner and was lost in the maze of halls.

"Shush" I whispered looking down at my clone. She stopped crying. I ran to the end of the hall and was stopped by a sweeper.

"I have them." He said over a radio.

"Sit down." He barked pushing me towards the floor.


*********

Raines finished my right side then turned my head to the left. I looked at Catherine. Her head was almost covered with the electrodes. I quivered.

"Are you cold?" Raines asked stopping what he was doing. He got up and walked out of the room. He came back in carrying two blankets. He covered me up with one then covered Catherine with the other. He went back to putting the electrodes on my head parting my hair as he did.

**********

(Flash Back)

"Charity" Mr. Parker said walking up to me.

"Sir" I said shaking.

I read him then started crying.

"No, please don't. Please, let her live." I sobbed. "I-It's not h-her fault"

Mr. Parker looked at me and nodded.

"Very well" He said "But she'll be yours and Sydney's responsibility. I'll assign her a caretaker and that is as far as I'll go." He walked away.

I got up and was escorted back my father's office.


**********

"When I'm finished you'll be the Centre's most valued Multiple Gifted." He said. I rolled my eyes.

'He obviously didn't know I was already considered that.' I said to myself.

"What I'm doing is called fusion." He said. "You'll be able to excise your abilities as if they're one. You'll still be able to use them separately."

'Just what I wanted another reason for the Centre to want me locked in their world.' I thought

"Sit up" He said after finishing my left side. I did as he ordered. I looked over at Catherine as the lab worked sat a tray in front of her and lifted her up. He placed her face turned towards me onto the tray. I turned back facing straight ahead.

**********

(Flash Back)

"Papa" I cried still shaking. The sweepers left.

"Charity, what happened?" He asked looking at me then the baby.

"They they were going to-" I cried "But Mr. Parker said we can raise her."

"Charity?" He asked "Who baby is she? Where did you get her?"

"S-she's me. Well not exactly." I said "M-my c-clone, but not exactly."

"God" My father said, already at my side on his couch.

"So they didn't w-want her." I said "Y-you're OK w-with-"

"Yes" He said holding out his hands. I gave her to him.

He took the blanket off and checked her over.

"Well, she seems healthy. We'd better make sure she is."

"Thank you" I whispered smiling.


**********

"All right lay back down and sleep." He said I laid down and watched him add a sedative to my IV. I fell asleep.

"She's awake." I heard Mr. Lyle say.

"Lets begin" Raines said. I looked around another machine had been added to the others that were around my bed. I closed my eyes.

"Charity" Raines said pulling the mask hooked to the machine next to my mouth. "Take slow, even breaths." Then he covered my mouth right after I closed my mouth. I breath in the oxygen through my nose.

"Turn off the oxygen." Raines ordered.

'No' I cried to myself turning my head to try to get the mask off.

"Now Charity" Raines said "Don't let me think that I need to use Catherine for this."

I opened my mouth and breathed in the unknown gas. My lungs started to burn. I grabbed at the mask tears in my eyes twisting to get it away as I took another unwanted breath as my brain screamed for me to breathe. My hands were grabbed way from the mask by a sweeper that was stationed on one side of my bed. The other hand was soon pined down, too. Then I felt the oxygen in my nose and breathed it in. My lungs started to hurt less then the oxygen was turned off again. I turn to Raines pleading with my eyes for him to stopped.

"We're almost done with this part." He said to me. "Breath it in."

Tears streamed down my face as my mouth opened and the gas field my lungs again I turned my head from side to side with no availe. The oxygen was on again and I breathed it in hoping it was the last time. After a minute it was off again and the gas soon entered my lungs once more. This time it was on longer and my lungs grow almost use to the pain. Then my body started to shake and someone lifted my head up. the tube for the oxygen was removed.

"Now add oxygen to the drug." Raines ordered putting a mask over my mouth and nose. He snapped a strap around my neck in the back and put my head back on the bed. Soon I was breathing the gas with the oxygen. My body shook harder. Then it went limp.

"Ok turn the drug down to one." Raines ordered. The sweepers let go of my arms. I tried to lift an arm to remove the mask but I was so weak that it dropped back to my side. I laid there sobbing. Then Rains looked down at me.

"She's ready." He said

'No' I cried to myself 'Please no more.'

" Lets begin" He ordered

The room went dark then white.

**********

I woke to see white all around me.

'Where am I?' I asked myself turning around to see white as far as I could. I walked for a little while the sat down and started crying.

"Child" I heard. I looked up wiping my tears.

"I-I did what he asked." I sobbed "Where's Catherine?"

"She's there" The woman said pointing behind me. I turned and look down into the room. Catherine laid sleeping on her hospital bed.

"Can't you just let her go?" I asked the woman. She pointed back to the room.

"Look again" She said. I looked back into the room.

"No" I yelled seeing myself with Raines standing over me, busy working at my head. I couldn't see what he was doing.

"Am I-I dead?" I asked sobbing.

"No" She said holding her hand out. I took it and she helped me up.

"Your between there." She pointed to the room "And there" She pointed to a yellow light that was far away.

"So where is here?" I asked walking with her

"Between" She said

I looked up at her.

"Who are you? I think I've seen you before?" I asked

"You've meet my daughter." She said "I'm the caretaker of the Centre's children with Faith."

"Faith? Caretaker? Your daughter?" I asked "You're M-Miss Parker's mom."

She nodded "I took you from there." She pointed to the room.

"Why?" I asked

"To keep you from the pain." She said

"What about Catherine?" I asked "They'll hurt her. I need- have to go back. I can't leave her with them."

"Charity" She said looking into my eyes "You'll be able to decide and when the times right if you want to go back. Catherine is safe and you're still alive in the room. You're here to keep you from feeling what their doing."

"Thank you" I said "You'll tell me when It's OK to return?"

"Yes" She said taking my hand "You're a very strong and caring child."

"Charity" I heard some one say from in front of us. Then a girl appeared.

"I'm Faith" She smiled "Why don't I tell you about somethings that happened at the Centre before you came."

I looked back at Catherine.

"She'll be fine" Catherine Parker told me. "I promise."

I sat down with Faith. She told me story after story. I looked back at Catherine often as I listened in amazement. Then Catherine bent down and took my hand.

"Charity it time you decide." She said looking back at the room. I turned and looked. Raines saw sitting on a stool by my bed waiting for me to wake up. "There will still be much pain, but I know you can handle it."

I nodded looking at the spot where my hair was now missing.

"Catherine and my father need me." I said. "I have to go back."


**********

I found myself in darkness. I tried to wake up, but couldn't.

**********

"Catherine" I cried "I can wake myself."

"Sleep for now, child." I heard her voice.

"But-" I cried

"She's fine." She answered


**********

I fell into a deeper sleep that was warm and light. I could hear what was going on in the room. The door to the room opened then I heard Mr. Parker.

"I take it your project was a success. I'd like to meet your subject." He said

"She's not awake yet." Raines said "She should be soon."

"Charity" He said upset. "Raines, did you or did you not get the same notice from the Triumvirate as everyone else. She's not to- and Catherine too God, they're not to be used by anyone for experiments."

Then I heard noise all around the room. Voices yelling orders and then quite.

"Charity" Mr. Parker said "You'd better wake up. I won't allow you to just sleep all you want to."

'You actually sound concerned.' I said to myself 'If I weren't the subject would you even care?'

"Charity Angelic Desir'ee Green, I'm ordering you to wake up." He stormed.

'Order' I said 'Angelic just where did that come from?'

After awhile I heard him again.

"Move them to the large lab next to the infirmary." Mr. Parker ordered. "And be careful."

"Raines finally did it this time and I heard that Lyle was in on this too. Mr Parker isn't cutting him any slack. The word around the main lobby is that they were taken to the Tower."