Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: Don't own them just want to play. It will be hard to post with all the homework. Own Maitland, Jamie and Reggie.
To archive contact me. Feedback. Rated G. No swearing, no nudity, no nothing. Its clean. I amazed myself. Shannon





Recovery
' Joining '
by Shannon








Part V


Jarod led her down a corridor that was long and semi-dark, but she was intrigued to say the least. Down the passage, then to the right, then down two narrow steps, then to the left. There before them was a heavy, carved wooden door. He pushed it open very gently, revealing a big room with antique furniture decorating it. There was a bay window with its curtains drawn so that the sun shone through illuminating the man that was sitting in the black leather chair somewhat lost in thought. The man was dressed in a grey linen Brooks Brother suit, white shirt, and muted grey tie. His forehead was wide framed by white hair, hazel eyes that were readable to anyone who looked in them, a weak chin, and a long nose. Perched on the man's nose, which was excellent for looking down on people, were a pair of silver wire rim glasses that he continually pushed up with his forefinger.

"Jarod," his voice was slightly bostonian in pitch and he rose from the chair to reveal a tall yet scrawny frame.

"Reginald," Jarod replied extending his hand," Welcome to my .. . .our home."

"Thank you. I was admiring that beautiful painting that hangs above your mantle, totally captivated by the woman's beauty, when low and behold the angel stands here before me."

Parker found his tone patronizing and turned to look at the painting, only to be shocked by what she saw. It was a portrait of her, yet she was laughing amd happy. Her face animated in vibrant colors. Her hair was curled and tied up with a blue ribbon that matched her eyes. Her black lashes framed them and made them seem even a deeper shade then they truely were. The background was the park that she had frequented with her mother, when a little girl. She was sitting under a wonderfully enormous chestnut tree upon her mother's plaid blanket.

"The little girl?" Reginald asked.

"A friend." Parker answered as she walked closer to the painting so she could inspect it further. The girl was Debbie. Their picnic but how had he. . . .

"Lovley child, but the artist must have been extremely patient. It's not easy to capture an outdoor scene like that. So many variables. Who was the artist?" he asked.

"Why, my husband of course," Parker replied.

"Jarod, that is remarkable! Amazing. You are a man of many talents," Reginald droned on," What else can you do?"

"Many things." Jarod replied a sly smile forming," Reginald, I hate to inquire but the reason for your visit?"

"Yes, forgive me but I was hoping that you and your lovely wife. . .. "

"My goodness, Jarod, how rude of us. Faith. . .Faith Brazelton," Parker flashed her killer smile, and extended her hand. Reginald Loomis took it in his slender fingers and brought it to her lips.

"Enchanted, my dear. Truly enchanted. The masquerade is tonight. You will attend? Its to benefit the new trauma unit for the hospital." he gushed.

"I'm sorry, Reginald but Faith just arrived home, late last night and we really need some time together," Jarod spoke quietly.

"Nonsense, darling," Parker spoke up cutting Jarod off," a masquerade sounds wonderful. I finally get to met all those wonderful people you work with every day."

"But costumes. We have nothing and would have a hard time finding some on such short notice."

"This from the man who managed to plan our wedding, out of thin air. It was just amazing, Reginald. I still can't believe it even happened."

Parker shot Jarod a look that made him cringe. He was digging himself deeper and deeper into the grave as far as Parker was concerned. She'd take him back to the centre if only to torment him daily.

"Really! My dear, you must tell me all about it. . ." he was interrupted by a knock on the door. Maitland entered carrying Jamie, who had awoken from her nap.

"She won't take her bottle, Mrs. Brazelton. I think she wants her momma."

"Of course she does! Thank you for bringing her down."

Parker took the infant from the girl's arms and Jarod and Reginald watched the infant snuggle comfortable in them and eagerly attacked the bottle she placed in tiny lips.

"Jarod, you are a lucky man. A very lucky man. A beautiful and witty wife as well as a lovely baby. I do so hope you will attend tonight?'"

"Reginald, like I said .. . "

"Of course, we'll attend. I wouldn't miss it. What time?" Parker silenced him again with her piercing blue eyes, as she swiftly burped the baby.

"Eight! At the Manchester Woods Country Club." Reginald crowed," Oh this is splendid. Just splendid indeed. I'll see myself out. Jarod, Mrs. . . ."

"Faith, please, Reggie." she enjoyed watching Reginald Loomis wilt under her ministrations. Pretending certainly had its advantages.

"Faith it is then. I shall see you both at eight," and he exited the room with Maitland.

"Great, Parker. That's just great. What if Raines is there? Jarod spat angerily.

"Guess we'll have to find out. Won't we? And stop him from showing up!"

"Right! And what do we do for costumes?"

"You're the genius. Pretend you're a designer and design some," she smirked.

"What I'd like to design is a noose for that neck of your's," he retorted raising his hands as if to strangle her.

"Hush sweetheart, daddy didn't mean it. Did you, daddy?" Parker said as she brought a crying Jamie up to her cheek and calmed her. Jarod just glared at her as she waltzed out of the room a smug look on her face.

Once out in the corridor, Parker looked into sparkling blue eyes.

"He's the one that asked me to join him on this adventure, little one. Aggravating him is one of the perks." Parker laughed when Jamie gurgled happily.




PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!!!! Giglbarbe@aol.com