Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Title: New Music
Disclaimer: So very much not mine. All Craig and Steve's. Cos if they were mine we'd have a follow up to IOTH and ya know, closure.

This is sort of a work in progress. I'll be going back to fix it up soon. But tell me what you think so far....

-CrazyA

************************************

In the stillest of moments at late hours like this, when it felt like there was noone but her in the world, she wanted him to call. Wanted to hear his voice.

She shouldn't. But she did.

The phone rang.

"What?" She was jaded.

"Did I wake you?"

"Does it matter?"

"You haven't been sleeping". Neither have you, she thought. She said nothing.

He was quiet for a long moment. "I couldn't sleep either"

"And....?"

"I just, wanted to talk"

"Forget Sydney's number?"

"I wanted to talk to *you*"

Another night, another time and she would have verbally struck him for no better reason then it was their dance. They weren't suppossed to be friends, she wasn't suppossed to be there for him to call in his lonely and sleepless hours.

Not tonight. Tonight she didn't want to dance. She was tired of the musicians of hell repeating the same score for them. She was lonely and sleepless too.

They were lonely for each other.

"Well I didn't say *I* couldn't sleep. And you called the wrong number for a bedtime story" The words passed a grin as they left her mouth and whispered its presence in his ear.



"Well that is a pity Miss Parker as I'm sure you could tell quite an interesting bedtime tale" He was grinning too.

"In your dreams Wonder Boy"

"All the good ones Miss Parker"

She shook her head, he was such a teenage boy sometimes. She told him as much. He agreed.

They lapsed into silence.

"*Did*" I wake you?"

"No, I..." She stopped herself. The musicians where picking up their instruements again. She should say she was working on bringing him in, she should say that the last thing she wanted were late night calls from him, she should slam the phone down. She should. "I was hoping...you'd call" She released a breath that she'd been unknowingly holding. The musicians sat down. They didn't know this song.

"Sydney said, you were between hell and a turning point....." He trailed off. He'd heard the music change too.

"I was."

"And now?"

"Closer to one then the other"

"Which one?" His voice held the same tone as it had after Carthis, when he'd her asked about 'us'. She heard it. She heard the slight guard that surrounded it now too, he wouldn't reach for her if she was to pull away again.

New notes began to play. A new score. The orchestra housed some musicians of old, some who would always play for them, demons that they would always hear play. But the new musicians took the lead.

"Turning points only come when you have something to turn to." She took a deep breath "Do I have something to turn to?"

A new dance was to take place. No longer run and chase with a half hearted turn around the floor.

"Me"

He reached for her.

She didn't pull away.

They would dance together. Beat the others. The music would play for them.