Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Remember

by Laura W.



There is a pain in my heart and a sadness in my soul that I don't think will ever be filled. The emptiness inside is so thick I can't breathe. I am sitting here, going over all the events of the past, trying to figure out what went wrong. Everytime I do so I start to cry. Seeing your face burned in my vision makes me cry and remember all the happy times. All our secrets, our jokes, us. It makes me think about what could have been and that hurts.

"Excuse me sir, sir but..."

What went wrong? I don't understand. I don't think I ever will.

"It isn't true. It can't be true!"

I'm standing here beside the trees, looking at you and I think to myself: Why wasn't I there? Why wasn't I there for you? I loved you more than life itself and yet I failed you in the end. Neglected to tell you all the things you should have learned. Failed to support you in your time of need. Now I am being punished for those mistakes. Those errors that could have been easily corrected had I had the chance.

"I'm sorry. I know that-"

"You don't know how I feel. You don't know anything. You couldn't save her!"

Neither could I.

Why God? Why did you take her from me?

It's all my fault. I could have stopped it. I could have prevented her from dying. I could have stopped her from leaving. If I had known, I would have, could have, with all my might, stop this tragedy from happening.

But I wasn't there! I wasn't there!

"I'll do anything. I'll apologize. I'll tell her I'm sorry. I will do all in power to make sure she never hurts again. Please give me the chance to fix things. Please." With my hands on my head I bawl. I cry for her and I cry myself. My heart is broken. I don't know what else to do. I don't have anyplace to go. She was home. She was my home. My anchor.

Now she's gone.

This punishment is too much to bear. It should have been me, not her, me.

As I kneel down to touch your grave, a tear falls from my cheek onto the words etched in stone.

Deborah Broots
(1985-2002)



"Forgive me. Please forgive me."


Remember me when I am gone away,

Gone far away into the silent land;

When you can no more hold me by the hand,

Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.

Remember me when no more day by day

You tell me of our future that you planned:

Only remember me; you understand

It will be late for counsel then or pray.

Yet if you should forget me for a while

And afterwards remember, do not grieve:

For if the darkness and corruption leave

A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,

Better far you should forget and smile

Than that you should remember and be sad.

- Christina Georgina Rossetti



Okay...I know you guys are probably going to pissed that I killed Debbie but it makes you wonder where she is all the time her father is busy chasing after Jarod.