Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The Pretender and all of its characters do not belong to me and are used without permission. I’m not making any money for this, so don’t sue me.

Make Mine Decaf
By Molly

Lyle whistled a happy tune as he walked down the hall. Broots stopped to watch him for a moment before continuing to Miss Parker's office. "And it just keeps getting creepier," he muttered as he walked through the door.

"Duck!" Sydney shouted.

"Yow!" Broots just managed to get down in time. He looked back at the shattered coffeepot, and then turned to face Miss Parker with a look of utter disbelief. Miss Parker stared back at him, and for a few moments no one said anything. Broots cleared his throat. "Let me guess, he switched your regular blend for Folgers Crystals." The color returned to Miss Parker's face. "It's called knocking. Try it." She snapped, and chucked a towel in his general direction. Broots shrugged his shoulders and started mopping up coffee and broken glass.

As Miss Parker glowered and Broots cleaned, it occurred to Sydney that a case study of the two of them could lead to his first publication in years. "Hell," he thought, "The inclusion of myself would probably entitle me to a grant." The thought made him sigh. "Broots, did you want something?"

"What? Oh, yeah. We’ve got a Jarod-sighting in a 7-eleven in Richmond, Virginia."

"What!" Miss Parker spun around. "When?"

"Ten o'clock last night. Bought a Slurpee, a Newsweek and a whole lot of PEZ."

Miss Parker rolled her eyes, "And were you planning on sharing this sometime today?"

"I… you… "

"Never mind! Come on, Sydney - and next time don't tell the little weenie to duck." Miss Parker stalked out of the office with Sydney trailing sheepishly behind her.

"Well that’s beautiful!" Broots winced as he pulled a glass shard out of his thumb. "Just for that I'm not telling her which 7-eleven." Actually, he figured that Jarod was probably living somewhere just outside of Richmond, but hadn't found Jarod's dive of the week yet.

He still had plenty of time to kill before he could go home for the weekend. If he found anything more specific – well, that’s why cell phones were invented. Broots looked at his bleeding thumb again and decided that he wasn’t in that big of a hurry.




Feedback please : mo1ly_97@yahoo.com