Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I do not own The Pretender or anything affiliated with it. It is owned by TNT, NBC, and Craig and Steve. No infringement is intended and no profit is being made.

Author’s Note:
I think this is a complete AU. I’m really not sure. Response to the Pretender100 challenge of "Never Gone." Concrit is lovely, though.

Summary: He runs, she chases. It was like he never left.

Smokescreen
by: chopsticks
p g

-----



“So this is how it ends.” He stated it plainly. There was no surprise; they had been expecting this.

“Yes,” she replied, taking a long drag from her cigarette. The smoke plumed from her parted lips, wafting upwards, creating a hazy wall between them. He knew he couldn’t penetrate it.

“You started smoking again.”

“Yes.”

They were silent. The smoke drifted above their heads, casting eerie shadows on their features.

She drew her gun, and whispered his own words back to him.

“This is how it ends.” Smoke drifted from her parted lips.

He turned and ran. She pursued. It was like he had never been gone.

The smoke danced lazily in the light as their footsteps receded.


-----

the end.
feedback welcomed at spacedoutwriter@hotmail.com.